Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

The Digital Green certificate is due to go live on the 21st of June all going well and Ireland have 6 weeks to implement it. In order to get a Digital Green cert, you have to either be vaccinated, or a negative PCR(72hr) or negative Antigen (24hr)

The cert will be available in Digital format or a paper cert with a QR code. They have said the paper version can be obtained by legal guardians on behalf of children. Children obviously cannot receive the vaccine as yet and therefore not to discriminate against them, they will be eligible for the cert with a negative test.

Of course, nothing is set in stone until it is actually released but I did get the above info from:
    https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/TA-9-2021-0145_EN.html#title2

None of this makes sense to me.
    I think we have signed up to the Europe travel passport so i m thinking there will be a pan European arrangement.
    Is Leo saying that we sign-up and then ignore the agreement we are signing up to...

6 weeks after the 21st June brings us to August, that's within the EU agreement.
    I expect it'll move faster tbh but they aren't going to announce that incase they don't quite get there.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/us-travel-ireland-vaccinated

"Speaking on Tuesday afternoon, Coveney said: “Let me try to be as clear as I can be on this because we haven’t made a government decision on this yet.

“There was to be a memo actually today in government on international travel but there is a bit more work required so it will be coming next week rather than this week.”

............. ""But I hope that you will see at some point in July, or at the latest in August, EU travel opening up again on the basis of the protection that vaccines give us, and we’d like to do the same with the United States."

Leo was mentioning July prior to him going with the "August at the earliest" spiel more recently, Coveney's comments above are from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

I'd say it will be safe to book if travelling mid August??

Was in pennys yesterday and hardly any flipflops,
    suncream or sunglasses!!

^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭robbie checker

A negative Antigen test will be a "game changer" for people with families and partners who do not want the vaccine as the cost will be much lower than a PCR test. How it will tie in with the Digital Green cert probably has to be ironed out yet. I presume it will have to be done by a lab and not one of these kits we can buy now in the supermarkets.

• Advertisement

I'd say it will be safe to book if travelling mid August??...........

Yes, you'd imagine so.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eus-coronavirus-travel-plan-faces-make-or-break-moment-covid-green-certificates/

Although that article suggests a possibly arduous path before we are freely plain hopping ........... "If talks this week with the European Parliament fail, member countries could forge ahead on their own"

There's precious little in the media about the topic really.

A negative Antigen test will be a "game changer" for people with families and partners who do not want the vaccine as the cost will be much lower than a PCR test. How it will tie in with the Digital Green cert probably has to be ironed out yet. I presume it will have to be done by a lab and not one of these kits we can buy now in the supermarkets.

I was in touch with a testing centre that currently provides PCR, Antigen and Antibody tests. They currently provide PCR test results via the Health Passport Europe App. They also provide Antigen tests to over 13yrs.

I had a few questions regarding providing Antigen tests to under 13yrs old and whether they will print out the necessary Digital Green Certificate as proof of test when it launches. So the company rang me and they are hoping that when details of the new digital green cert is launched and the framework for it is released they will be able to participate in the scheme.

So it looks like we will be able to get tested in our local pharmacy/test centre all going well!! And better yet, the price is lower and results, plus factoring in getting them printed will take no more than 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Caranica wrote: »
    Leo said today no travel until August

Saying that to keep people mainly families in the country for the summer for these stupid "staycations" because come September very few families can travel with kids in school

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

The lack of a "green cert" shouldnt be a hinderance to travel.
    Austria/ Italy / Germany have opened for travel this week and they are accepting any official evidence of a test/ recovery/ vaccination to enable travel and tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think Spain are accepting uk travellers without a test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

neris wrote: »
    Saying that to keep people mainly families in the country for the summer for these stupid "staycations" because come September very few families can travel with kids in school

Lots of people I know now cancelling their expensive staycations in Ireland in the hope they can get a cheaper holiday abroad soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Makhnovist

Austria/ Italy / Germany have opened for travel this week and they are accepting any official evidence of a test/ recovery/ vaccination to enable travel and tourism.

How do you obtain evidence of recovery do you know? Just a case of ringing your GP maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

neris wrote: »
    I think Spain are accepting uk travellers without a test

All info here...

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Is the card with vaccine batch number etc official evidence of vaccination?

Dublin is classed as ........ Travel from "high-incidence areas"

Travellers who have stayed in the last 10 days in a high incidence area are subject to a pre-departure negative PCR test taken no earlier than 72 hours before entry (for antigen rapid test: no earlier than 48 hours before entry) or, alternatively, to submission of proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination or recovery from COVID-19.
    Exemptions apply, in particular to persons who have passed through a high incidence area without a stopover, or those passing through Germany via the fastest route available.

You visited a(n) risk area
    As a result you're required to
    Airline passengers are subject to a general obligation to furnish proof of testing before departure.
    You must, at the latest, be able to present a negative coronavirus test result within 48 hours of entry.
    The swab specimen for this test may not have been taken more than 48 hours before entry. The competent authority may demand you submit this test result for up to 10 days after your entry into the country. Further information, also regarding exemptions from the testing obligation, is available here.
    As a rule, you are required under Federal Land law to self-quarantine after entry. As a rule, this currently comprises 10 days. Depending on the risk area and Federal Land, this quarantine can be reduced or extended through testing. Further information, also regarding the exemptions from the quarantine obligation, is available on the Federal Länder websites.

Perhaps they need to update their online stuff but there's no mention of vaccinated folk being catered for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Augeo wrote: »
    Perhaps they need to update their online stuff but there's no mention of vaccinated folk being catered for?
    there is, you have it in the text you copied

"alternatively, to submission of proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination or recovery from COVID-19."

there is, you have it in the text you copied

"alternatively, to submission of proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination or recovery from COVID-19."

Yes which is why I queried "Is the card with vaccine batch number etc official evidence of vaccination?"

Also, when you go to fill in details online you are faced with.......

You visited a(n) risk area
    As a result you're required to
    Airline passengers are subject to a general obligation to furnish proof of testing before departure.
    You must, at the latest, be able to present a negative coronavirus test result within 48 hours of entry.
    The swab specimen for this test may not have been taken more than 48 hours before entry. The competent authority may demand you submit this test result for up to 10 days after your entry into the country. Further information, also regarding exemptions from the testing obligation, is available here.
    As a rule, you are required under Federal Land law to self-quarantine after entry. As a rule, this currently comprises 10 days. Depending on the risk area and Federal Land, this quarantine can be reduced or extended through testing. Further information, also regarding the exemptions from the quarantine obligation, is available on the Federal Länder websites.

With no option to enter proof of vaccination etc etc

By "but there's no mention of vaccinated folk being catered for?" I meant when you actually go to fill in details online which is beyond the point where the vaccine is mentioned.

You can try it yourself here :)
    https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/

The deal will allow for anybody living in the EU's 27 countries to secure a digital health pass by the end of June that displays their vaccination status, results of Covid-19 tests or whether they have recovered from a coronavirus infection https://t.co/C9fVlyl05x

Deal passed, wahoo!
    I've my flights booked, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

The regional airports ie Kerry and Knock are showing flights to Alicante in June and really cheap fares.

I can't see how those flights won't get cancelled, especially if the 2k fine gets extended on June 2nd.

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

Aer Lingus just cancelled parents flight to Bilbao for End of June. Next flight isnt till end of July so wouldnt be confident about any flights with them :(.

The regional airports ie Kerry and Knock are showing flights to Alicante in June and really cheap fares.

I can't see how those flights won't get cancelled, especially if the 2k fine gets extended on June 2nd.

What do people think?

Knock due to open around mid June. Just booked myself from Knock to Alicante for August. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.

News on the EU passing the Digital green certificate or now called EU Covid-19 Certificate has only just broken. Once everyone sees it all over the media the next few days combined with pissing rain for a few days I reckon the flights will fill up. I'm only guessing but that's why I booked tonight before prices rose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

Skippette wrote: »
    Knock due to open around mid June. Just booked myself from Knock to Alicante for August. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.

News on the EU passing the Digital green certificate or now called EU Covid-19 Certificate has only just broken. Once everyone sees it all over the media the next few days combined with pissing rain for a few days I reckon the flights will fill up. I'm only guessing but that's why I booked tonight before prices rose

I think you did the right thing but August is a lot more certain than June. Would I be better off booking from Dublin in June do you think? I'm eager to get booked too.

Countries will have 6 weeks from end of June to implement iirc.

With the recent hacking I fear there might be resource issues for Ireland that will make this a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gr1998

Does anybody know what the situation is for self connecting flights to Spain through England?? If you were to do so and say for example booked a self connecting flight home from Spain via Uk to Ireland and the flight back to Ireland from England was only 5 hours after your arrival from Spain, would you just need to give a Locator Form and a Negative PCR to English authorities and be allowed to proceed to Ireland without much hassle?

Countries will have 6 weeks from end of June to implement iirc.

With the recent hacking I fear there might be resource issues for Ireland that will make this a challenge.

It be as simple as a boarding pass but it may be a good idea to outsource to some of the Airlines...

Below is new requirement for Spain.

Spain travel advice

Change made:
    Further information on Schengen border controls on arrival in Spain where passengers who meet entry requirements may be asked to demonstrate sufficient funds for their stay, present a return or onward ticket, and proof of accommodation (‘Entry requirements’ page)

Time updated:
    4:23pm, 20 May 2021

https://www.thejournal.ie/eu-covid-travel-certificate-5443377-May2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

So a PCR test out of Ireland is costing approx €150 and the same test in Malaga will cost €50 approx so you’re looking at the guts of an extra €200 per adult to travel to Spain this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Sono wrote: »
    So a PCR test out of Ireland is costing approx €150 and the same test in Malaga will cost €50 approx so you’re looking at the guts of an extra €200 per adult to travel to Spain this summer.

Even if both adults received their Vacanacitions here ?

Sono wrote: »

A PCR test is €89 with Randox in Ireland, and Spain will most likely accept an antigen test, which is €49.

It be as simple as a boarding pass but it may be a good idea to outsource to some of the Airlines..............

The HSE will need to have all the vaccination data available to be uploaded to some system that spits out a scannable code that's in an app or on paper..... it's as simple as a boarding pass conceptually but the data is for millions of people.

The HSE will need to have all the vaccination data available to be uploaded to some system that spits out a scannable code that's in an app or on paper..... it's as simple as a boarding pass conceptually but the data is for millions of people.

I forgot the HSE have the data.
    I expect the ransom will be paid so that should fix it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Since when will Spain accept an antigen test

Advertisement