Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Travellers from the UK to the Balearics now need a negative PCR or be fully vaccinated. Concerns about the Delta variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Travellers from the UK to the Balearics now need a negative PCR or be fully vaccinated. Concerns about the Delta variant.

There's murder over there now.
    Students from all over Spain on end of the year trips to Mallorca, mixed up in parties and some concert resulted in a major outbreak which has spread to the mainland.

Those students now feel victimised. Poor things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

I'm still confused about the current rules for Spain from Ireland!

I am currently fully vaccinated. So, would I still need an antigen test before I travel? Or is the vaccine alone sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Barney224 wrote: »

I am currently fully vaccinated. So, would I still need an antigen test before I travel? Or is the vaccine alone sufficient?

You will need the test until the passport is introduced which i think is next week...

I checked after i posted..

What certificate or documentary proof will they require from me on my arrival in Spain, if I come from a risk country/area?
    If you come from a country/area considered of risk, you must bring with you one of the supporting certificates/documents listed below:

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union. It may contain one or more of the following documents proving that a person:

has been vaccinated against COVID-19
    a diagnostic test [NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) /RAT (rapid antigen test)] has been performed and the result was negative.
    has recovered from COVID-19, after having had the disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You will need the test until the passport is introduced which i think is next week...

I checked after i posted..

What certificate or documentary proof will they require from me on my arrival in Spain, if I come from a risk country/area?
    If you come from a country/area considered of risk, you must bring with you one of the supporting certificates/documents listed below:

EU Digital COVID Certificate IN DIGITAL FORMAT, issued by a member state of the European Union. It may contain one or more of the following documents proving that a person:

a diagnostic test [NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test, e.g. RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA) /RAT (rapid antigen test)] has been performed and the result was negative.

You keep posting about travel without having a clue what you're talking about. Ireland is not a risk country for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Barney224 wrote: »

The Spanish government has a hugely detailed form that you fill out before travel. It generates a QR code which includes your name, your flight number and your seat number. I presume the airline checks this against your boarding pass.

The last part, which cannot be completed less than 48 hours before departure, gives three options to allow you to travel. Negative test, vaccinated, recovered. When you state that you've been vaccinated it asks which vaccine. When you input this the QR code is generated.

If you're travelling before the 19th of July the only proof of vaccination you'll have is the piece of card but there's anecdotal evidence that it's acceptable. If you're travelling after the 19th you should have the Digital Green Certificate.

So you don't need a test if you're vaccinated.

You keep posting about travel without having a clue what you're talking about. Ireland is not a risk country for a start.

Ireland is listed as amber... TELL ME I AM WRONG...

The Spanish government has a hugely detailed form that you fill out before travel. It generates a QR code which includes your name, your flight number and your seat number. I presume the airline checks this against your boarding pass.

The last part, which cannot be completed less than 48 hours before departure, gives three options to allow you to travel. Negative test, vaccinated, recovered. When you state that you've been vaccinated it asks which vaccine. When you input this the QR code is generated.

If you're travelling before the 19th of July the only proof of vaccination you'll have is the piece of card but there's anecdotal evidence that it's acceptable. If you're travelling after the 19th you should have the Digital Green Certificate.

So you don't need a test if you're vaccinated.

You don't know what you talking about, i returned from Spain FRIDAY JUNE 25th...
    The SpTH are the health people in Spain and this form can be filled well in advance of travel and generated the QR code, really passenger locator.
    The min from Ireland today is the Antigen which we can have at Dublin (randox) before we leave this and this is manually checked as we are not in Covid passport yet.
    The system in Spain scans the QR and manually checks the Covid result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Does anyone know the current restriction level in Malaga/Benalmadena?
    The only information i could find online was from a while ago mentioning bars etc closing at 10pm.
    I had assumed it was approaching more normal life over there or is it still table service indoors in bars and closing early?

I can tell you one thing
    Ireland IS currently listed as a risk country for Spain
    Ergo an antigen is required or proof of full vaccination
    The latter is a gamble as to whether your HSE vaccination card will do,a risk I wouldn't take,for the sake of the price of a test
    After the 19th it becomes simple,you'll have your DCC

• Advertisement

I can tell you one thing
    Ireland IS currently listed as a risk country for Spain
    Ergo an antigen is required or proof of full vaccination
    The latter is a gamble as to whether your HSE vaccination card will do,a risk I wouldn't take,for the sake of the price of a test
    After the 19th it becomes simple,you'll have your DCC

That's changing to PCR for Brits from Thursday, i assume same for us but not sure as they are out of EU...
    Confirmation of full vaccine is accepted...
    Spain will not be anything approaching normal this year...

That's changing to PCR for Brits from Thursday, i assume same for us but not sure as they are out of EU...
    Confirmation of full vaccine is accepted...
    Spain will not be anything approaching normal this year...

Not this summer anyway but their vaccines roll out is going well
    I do not know if a hse vaccine card is accepted especially flying via UK
    Moot after July 19th which is less than 3 weeks away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Not this summer anyway but their vaccines roll out is going well
    I do not know if a hse vaccine card is accepted especially flying via UK
    Moot after July 19th which is less than 3 weeks away

This was copied from Spain requirement page a few days ago, this is entry from UK so i expect easier from Irl..

Antigen is accepted for EU countries. The PCR is for the UK only.

Dobbytoes wrote: »
    Antigen is accepted for EU countries. The PCR is for the UK only.

So we are the only EU country who need to have a NEGATIVE PCR test?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Im really hoping the digital covid cert will be easy to down load or whatever?

I seen Simon Donnelly saying it will be emailed to everyone fully vaccinated but I dont remember giving any email address to my GP who gave me the vaccination.
    And my mother has never had an email address and she is planning on going to Spain too on July 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Im really hoping the digital covid cert will be easy to down load or whatever?

I seen Simon Donnelly saying it will be emailed to everyone fully vaccinated but I dont remember giving any email address to my GP who gave me the vaccination.
    And my mother has never had an email address and she is planning on going to Spain too on July 22nd.

There's a government site with a little info now, more to follow

Got my first dose today and just checked my vaccine passport. Up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Caranica wrote: »
    There's a government site with a little info now, more to follow

Is this the site you were on about?

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3a698-eu-digital-covid-certificate/#where-you-can-get-yours

Where you can get yours

The legislation for the Certificate will apply from 1 July across the EU. The Irish Government advised, on 28 May, that the EU Digital COVID Certificate will play a significant role in the proposed new international travel measures intended to be implemented from 19 July 2021.

Teams across the public service are working together to deliver the EU Digital COVID Certificate in Ireland and you will be clearly notified of the steps needed to access the EU Digital COVID Certificate soon.

Personally, I would like some idea of when I will be clearly notified, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Skippette wrote: »

Personally, I would like some idea of when I will be clearly notified, lol

Same. have flights and car booked for 23rd need to cancel by the 16th to get refund on car and move flights

I really hope its not going to be a wake up one the 19th and try and figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Got my first dose today and just checked my vaccine passport. Up and running.

What do you mean by vaccine passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Solobally8 wrote: »
    probably means the HSE vaccine portal !

Solobally8 wrote: »

My EU digital certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

My EU digital certificate.

Where are ye located?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Where are ye located?

Spain. It's seamlessly integrated our local health service app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I got my vaccines done in my local GP who don't have my email address so I'd also like to know how this will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I got my vaccines done in my local GP who don't have my email address so I'd also like to know how this will work.

You will get it in the post according to what Leo said today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

If that is genuinely the solution to this then I'm embarrassed to be Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I really hope this isn’t the case. Is it not supposed to be an app?
    I’m going to Spain next week and returning home in August. Posting my DCC to my house is going to be a bit awkward! I’ll have to get someone to post it to me in Spain..

Fingers crossed he is talking out his ass and it’s done via an app I can download abroad

Advertisement