Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

you've been rabbiting on for the last few months about going and yet here you still are.

so its ok for people like this to slate me for no reason byut when i say something similar the moderators send me a message and give me an infraction for being "uncivil" :rolleyes:

what fcuking business is it of yours where and when i go, ill go to Spain when i want, people like you will probably stay in a dark room with masks and hand sanatizer, go and do one :rolleyes:

Agree with you Dessie James. The only problem is that for some of us on this rock, Belfast is just too far away.

up to you mate, if you want to go away on holiday you'll foresake a few extra hours travelling.

kenkin wrote: »
    Whats the best way to get from Dublin to either of the airports in Belfast?

whatever you want, drive, train or coach.

Belfast city airport is close to the city centre, the international aiorport if you want to call it that it's more like a large shed lol is about 35 minutes outside the city centre, regular bus service from Europa.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

When can we travel to Spain ?

Answer - 19th July
    - Mike Drop
    - Close the thread ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭robbie checker

Well I don't think its that clear cut and the devil will be in the detail this evening. Even if the EU Digital Covid certs are in place for 19th July, it won't cover people who only have one vaccine or children who are not vaccinated and some families with kids may need PCR tests for the whole family with the additional cost and hassle of that on both sides. What happens then if one of the family tests positive either before you depart or return? Can't see the government allowing travel without PCR tests within Europe if they are reluctant to open the Common area due to the Indian variant. Only some hotels offer free hotel cancellations and most are a week or more before you are supposed to travel. Ryan Air will only allow you to change flight dates 7 days pre departure unless you want to pay the higher fares, Aer Lingus are more flexible. I don't think travel insurance will cover these situations if you book now. Not trying to put anyone off here. We went to Portugal last year and would go tomorrow in a heartbeat but it just seems more uncertain this year than last year which is mad with the vaccination rollout this year.

• Advertisement

.........it won't cover people who only have one vaccine or children who are not vaccinated and some families with kids may need PCR tests for the whole family with the additional cost and hassle of that on both sides.................

Yeah, all that is fairly well know.

It's travel with a vaccine, negative test or proof that you've had covid.
    Much what they've always said to be fair.

If the EU Digital Covid certs aren't in place for 19th July then obviously there's no travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

Took a punt, flights booked middle of august, fingers crossed now.

I'd booked for 23rd July....... flights and car rental a while back.
    Car rental is x3€s now.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Are PCR tests scrapped for Irish travellers to Spain now?
    Is a test needed to get through Dublin airport on the way out?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

19th July says RTE...
    Non-essential international travel will resume on 19 July.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0528/1224365-covid-19/

• Advertisement

i booked up last week for July i had always intented on flying in July anyway.

mdolly123 wrote: »
    Are PCR tests scrapped for Irish travellers to Spain now?
    Is a test needed to get through Dublin airport on the way out?

coming abck you dont need one so i would assume you dont need one going to Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Havnt seen the news, what do you need if you are non vaccinated travelling to Italy end of July does anyone know? Or has anyone a link to the Green light system?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

junebabies wrote: »
    Havnt seen the news, what do you need if you are non vaccinated travelling to Italy end of July does anyone know? Or has anyone a link to the Green light system?

The EU DigitalCovid-19 Certificate (DCC) will come into force on the 1st of July for EU countries. In order to obtain it you will need to show that:
    - Vaccinated
    - tested negative
    - recovered from Covid

EU member states can put additional restrictions or allowances with this. For example, Spain have said the UK (so non EU ) can come there with no covid test and Ireland seem to have dismissed the Antigen test. On gov.ie it states all children (7-18)will need a PCR test to enter Ireland.

The traffic light system won't come into play for EU countries unless the sh!t hits the fan I would imagine. So all going well, you will need a negative PCR test taken 72hr before arrival in Italy and you should be good to go. Would be worth checking what Italy may require as in, they may say you need to complete a passenger locator form. I don't know if they do, but I know that Spain requires it and I assume Ireland will still request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any update on the relaxing of the outdoor mask rule?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Any update on the relaxing of the outdoor mask rule?

In Ireland? What's the outdoor mask rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Augeo wrote: »

I presume she ment in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Skippette wrote: »
    The EU DigitalCovid-19 Certificate (DCC) will come into force on the 1st of July for EU countries. In order to obtain it you will need to show that:
    - Vaccinated
    - tested negative
    - recovered from Covid

EU member states can put additional restrictions or allowances with this. For example, Spain have said the UK (so non EU ) can come there with no covid test and Ireland seem to have dismissed the Antigen test. On gov.ie it states all children (7-18)will need a PCR test to enter Ireland.

The traffic light system won't come into play for EU countries unless the sh!t hits the fan I would imagine. So all going well, you will need a negative PCR test taken 72hr before arrival in Italy and you should be good to go. Would be worth checking what Italy may require as in, they may say you need to complete a passenger locator form. I don't know if they do, but I know that Spain requires it and I assume Ireland will still request it.

I have been asking this elsewhere with no joy, you may know.
    Where do we get this EU DigitalCovid-19 Certificate (DCC) you mention...

It's to be available on smartphones so likely an app I believe....... after entering some ID criteria (PPS was taken at time of vaccination) your status will be displayed in the QR code. Can also be printed I think.

No word yet officially that I've seen. But I do see that a local pharmacy to me is providing PCR tests for travel with the results going to an app called Health Passport Europe. I would imagine that the EU might build on something like that, I don't know. I would also think that whatever testing centre would also be able to provide paper copies of results for children.

With regards to those of us that have been vaccinated, god knows. Hard to see them using the Health Passport app to put in your PPSN for recognition unless there's an extra layer of security on it maybe a bit like the RevApp? Also, I had my first jab in at the docs, when she uploaded my details she got an error but thinks once that part of the HSE website turns on, all the details will be queued and then upload. (My thinking on it, is that they will all have to be manually input again.) I did ask about the cert, she did say that the Vaccine card that they give you will suffice for travel until the new one is rolled out.

From what I can make out, the vaccine card will be phased out and the DCC will come out in its place. Its the people would have already been vaccinated and want the DCC I think there may be a delay. But then again, as much as I am eager to get away maybe not everyone else is so there might not be a rush for them to be changed over.

• Advertisement

Skippette wrote: »
    - Vaccinated
    - tested negative
    - recovered from Covid

Just to Clarify
    Its only one of those 3 things above you need to show
    If fully vaccinated (2 shots of pfizer,moderna or Astrazenica but just one shot of jaansen)
    Fully vaccinated means 1 week after your 2nd pfizer
    2 weeks after 2nd moderna or Astrazenica or your 1 shot of jaansen

You will not be considered fully vaccinated after only one shot unless its jaansen
    So bear that in mind for the cert

A pcr 24hrs before travel will also get you the cert OR proof you've recovered from covid/tested positive in last 6 months

Just to Clarify
    Its only one of those 3 things above you need to show
    If fully vaccinated (2 shots of pfizer,moderna or Astrazenica but just one shot of jaansen)
    Fully vaccinated means 1 week after your 2nd pfizer
    2 weeks after 2nd moderna or Astrazenica or your 1 shot of jaansen

You will not be considered fully vaccinated after only one shot unless its jaansen
    So bear that in mind for the cert

A pcr 24hrs before travel will also get you the cert OR proof you've recovered from covid/tested positive in last 6 months

PCR is 72hr before travel, Antigen is 24hrs before travel according to the framework published on Europa.eu website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

This is May. It won't be available until July. Further information on how and where to get it will be available closer to the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Caranica wrote: »
    This is May. It won't be available until July. Further information on how and where to get it will be available closer to the time!

Most people plan trips well in advance so i think there should be an advance plan for this...
    It may be a wait and see but we should be told this...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Most people plan trips well in advance so i think there should be an advance plan for this...

Both the Covid/vaccine and IT landscapes here have changed dramatically in recent weeks. The ability to plan ahead is limited. I wouldn't expect details until late June, which would still be 3 weeks before implementation.

19th July is the date, book away.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I meant in Spain. You have to wear a mask at all times in public

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Can anyone confirm if the PCR test from HSE walk-in testing centers can be used for travel?
    A lof of reports like below saying the HSE won't provide free testing, but do the airlines accept the HSE text to board the flight?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40301615.html

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0529/1224668-covid-ireland-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

19th July is the date, book away.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet for some reason

Is it that simple ?
    If a couple are both fully vaccinated can we just book a holiday in Spain or wherever and head off and return with no need to isolate etc....it seems so normal that I feel I am missing something !!

• Advertisement

solerina wrote: »
    Is it that simple ?
    If a couple are both fully vaccinated can we just book a holiday in Spain or wherever and head off and return with no need to isolate etc....it seems so normal that I feel I am missing something !!

Yes, it will be that simple presuming Covid doesn't throw a spanner in the works. Just about the wherever.......... Ireland has not announced when we can go to the UK without restrictions.

I've a trip booked for the 23rd July and I'm 95% confident I'll be going.

Advertisement