Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Microsoft follow suit or keep it as an unofficial exclusive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a total overhaul of CDPR management at this stage. From the broken promise of no crunch to the underwhelming game to the catastrophe with the base console versions, this is a PR disaster I can’t really compare to anything else. Even your Anthems or whatever, disappointing though they were, didn’t launch in a barely playable version on certain machines.

What an absolute failure of management: to put your workers through awful conditions just to end up with this unholy mess anyway. Really stinks of a company that has been dealt a debilitating blow by ‘going public’ - there are a lot of rich people in CDPR upper management, but looks like shareholders are forcing them to make terrible decisions about their actual games.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Tbh, this could be compared to the release of the original version of FFXIV I think.

That is at least the closest trash fire I can think of, it just gets forgotten now cause the reboot was such an unmitigated success and one of the highest rated FFs ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'll be waiting at least a week to see how things go. I refuse to pre-order or buy the game on release day because of their silly restrictions on reviews and streaming. Feels like they are trying to hide something pre-release.

I was cautious but even I didn't see it becoming this big of a sh*tshow. It's absolutely amazing that they have messed this up so much that Sony have been forced to remove it and put together a system to auto-refund the game, because their customer service reps have been spending too much time doing it manually for people you would assume.

Thankfully I wasn't invested in this game for years like millions of others were. The disappointment they must feel now... Hopefully in 6-12 months it will be fixed and I'll be able to pick it up second hand because there's no way I'm giving them another sale after the way they've acted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It brings me no pleasure to have called it :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114263552&postcount=9303

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Unreal that Sony doesn't have an automated refund system by now. And cdpr have to pay the price for it. They did this earlier with a call to action to refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

The story behind this game is infinitely more interesting than the game itself.

What a glorious ****show.

As a long time gamer I would be very interested if production process, delays and decision making was made public in a well produced documentary. I'm sure Netflix are scrambling for the job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They lied to gamers, they lied to reviewers, and then they threw MS and Sony under the bus with the whole certification comments and the refunds that they didn't clear with them. They also tried to blames gamers on not selling a game on GOG, when it was blatantly obvious that they did that to not offend the Chinese government.

I think this is really unprecedented on several levels. CDPR just destroyed there reputation with gaming media, destroyed the relationship with MS and Sony, and pissed off all there fans, especially those playing on last gen (i would call it a scam for last gen gamers).

I really don't see how they come back from this to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

no harm to see them fail after what they did, pity the innocent employees who are also the victims of corporate greed

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    no harm to see them fail after what they did, pity the innocent employees who are also the victims of corporate greed

This 100%

Fair play to Sony.

They deserve backlash especially for bending over to China. That said its being treated unevenly compared to other imo worse launches like No Mans Sky and Fallout 76.

I think it'll rebound and like this review states will probably become timeless. I am still excited about its future, expansions and online. Only real worry is that they won't properly open it up for modding like they lied about with Witcher 3. That's all I can really describe CDPR as right now: Liars. Have been for a long time actually. But it's not why they have a history of hate towards them by places like Reeesetera and the mainstream press.

Sony don't give a shyte about actually protecting their customers. This is purely for their own protection. The fact that they don't already have an automated and reliable refund system and their publishing of other similar catastrophic launches shows this. They're not the hero but they've always been allies of censorship so they're certainly going to win points with that crowd for this move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

wes wrote: »
    then they threw MS and Sony under the bus with the whole certification comments

Was this before or after release that CDPR started talking about certification?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

wes wrote: »
    They lied to gamers, they lied to reviewers, and then they threw MS and Sony under the bus with the whole certification comments and the refunds that they didn't clear with them. They also tried to blames gamers on not selling a game on GOG, when it was blatantly obvious that they did that to not offend the Chinese government.

I think this is really unprecedented on several levels. CDPR just destroyed there reputation with gaming media, destroyed the relationship with MS and Sony, and pissed off all there fans, especially those playing on last gen (i would call it a scam for last gen gamers).

I really don't see how they come back from this to be honest.

And lied to investors on a call not so long ago saying that the game ran surprisingly well on the base consoles. ****ty behaviour everywhere from CDPR management these last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's a huge step from Sony. I'd imagine the whole certification fiasco and telling everyone they could have a refund without speaking to platform holders burnt whatever goodwill they had left.

I can't think of another game dev that torched their entire reputation so thoroughly in the space of just one week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

Wonder if CDPR can counter and remove it from ps5 as technically it was never released on it.

****show all round really which is a game as the game is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Was this before or after release that CDPR started talking about certification?

After on an investor call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Has any "AAA" game company had this happen in any recent memory? I saw this when I got up this morning and I'm beyond words. Was it really that bad??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CDPR have absolutely ****ed their reputation over this. They could have cancelled the PS4/XBox version the day before release and they still would have come out looking far better then they do now. Many PC users are happy enough with the game, and maybe next gen console users (not sure how its running on the PS5/Series X), but i don't blame anyone who bought it on the PS4/XBox being pissed at them.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Graphically the PS5 version is sub par, im more concerned with the amount of crashes the game has, along with some nasty graphical glitches.

This game should have been pushed back another year

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Graphically the PS5 version is sub par, im more concerned with the amount of crashes the game has, along with some nasty graphical glitches.

Just sounded like CDPR employees were desperate for that money in time for Xmas.

I wouldn't be fully surprised if Microsoft dont follow Sonys lead here. It would not ressonate well to continue to support a broken game on their console platform.

Has any "AAA" game company had this happen in any recent memory? I saw this when I got up this morning and I'm beyond words. Was it really that bad??

No mans sky was the last dogs dinner iirc

Vicxas wrote: »

Its sad really - especially for the grafting devs that poured so much time and work into it.

Obviously the Corpos in CDPR have f***ed this up for everyone.

I've left my PS4 version to play on PS5 in the shrink wrap.

IF this mess is ever sorted, I'll wait for that day to come to start play. Not anytime soon methinks...

I don't think the game was taken off of storefronts though. The game wasn't broken on release either it was just barebones and full of nothing. I also don't recall (could be wrong) Sony allowing refunds for digital purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From the investor call a few months back, it whiffed of shareholders pushing it through to collect those sweet sweet eddies and cdpr management trying to appease everyone and in doing so made an absolute shambles of the whole thing.

So many bridges burnt. A spectacular end of the gaming year that was 2020.

Question: If some poor sods avoid the refund and have the digital version installed, can they continue to play on PS4/PS5?

sticker wrote: »
    Question: If some poor sods avoid the refund and has digital version installed, can they continue to play on PS4/PS5?

Yeah I think I read somewhere else that those who already have the game can continue to play it. You just can't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sticker wrote: »
    Question: If some poor sods avoid the refund and have the digital version installed, can they continue to play on PS4/PS5?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fallout 76?
    Mass effect Andromeda?

• Advertisement

I don't think the game was taken off of storefronts though. The game wasn't broken on release either it was just barebones and full of nothing. I also don't recall (could be wrong) Sony allowing refunds for digital purchases.

You could definitely get a refund.
    Hard to believe that was summer 2017:eek:

this is why I just play skyrim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

For anyone who likes the Skippy pistol
    After 50 Headshots it reverts to the other mode and then there is a side quest to return it to the owner, I'm going to try the duplication glitch to try get around it

You could definitely get a refund.
    Hard to believe that was summer 2017:eek:

this is why I just play skyrim :D

2016 actually :pac:

For what it's worth, NMS is tremendous nowadays.

I don't think the game was taken off of storefronts though.
    From what I remember some retailers took it off shelves because of the refunds coming in when it released without online (Sean Murray insinuated it had online). Fallout 76 had some kind of retailer action too and was seen in bargain bins on release day. Not to mention the unending list of feckups they had related to its in-game payments, glitches, hacking, publishing and merchandise scams. I remember the plastic in the helmet not being manufactured right and was smelling like toxin or something and of course the infamous 'canvas bag' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Say what you want about NMS, but damn, Hello Games totally redeemed themselves. What a great game it is now.

But HG were a tiny company. I think they had 20 staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So I've an unopened version as a Christmas present from the other half to me for PS4 pro, what should one do ? Haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fallout 76?
    Mass effect Andromeda?

Anthem? OK, iirc it was not a buggy mess but the fallout for that one was pretty bad too.

From what I remember some retailers took it off shelves because of the refunds coming in when it released without online (Sean Murray insinuated it had online). Fallout 76 had some kind of retailer action too and was seen in bargain bins on release day. Not to mention the unending list of feckups they had related to its in-game payments, glitches, hacking, publishing and merchandise scams. I remember the plastic in the helmet not being manufactured right and was smelling like toxin or something and of course the infamous 'canvas bag' :D

I was more-so referring to digital storefronts like on PSN. I don't recall seeing it delisted the same way CP2077 was.

Also, F76 was a sh*t show before the "hype" of that game even started. The moment I heard it was an online game I lost interest. I wasn't the only one either. Ironically I'm the one that started what is now the main Fallout 76 thread on this site, yet it's a game I never played, nor intend to. It was also a game developed by Bethesda. You deserve what you get when you buy a game using that engine lol

Mass Effect Andromeda had Assassin's Creed Unity-levels of bugs/glitches but nothing that made the game unplayable. Both games were never delisted from storefronts and digital refunds on PSN were never offered AFAIK.

The devs never held their games from journalists either and I don't recall them removing videos of certain versions of games the way CDPR did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I still think what Gearbox did was worse
    listermint wrote: »
    So I've an unopened version as a Christmas present from the other half to me for PS4 pro, what should one do ? Haven't played it yet.

If you plan on getting a PS5 in the near future hang onto it, if not get a refund.

Both games were never delisted from storefronts and digital refunds on PSN were never offered AFAIK
    Which just speaks to their double standard. I'm convinced Sony is doing this to save themselves from refunds rather than their customers from a bad product since they've never given a shyte about that before. But what do I care what Sony does, I boycotted them ever since they applied their California-based standards to their original Japanese market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Definitely didn't expect to see it removed from PSN.

It's also clear that it was removed due to CDPR dropping SONY into a PR nightmare with the refund situation rather than the quality or lack of it of the game itself. We can see that by some of the games they decide to promote on their official channels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4 :pac:

I disagree that their reputation will never recover. No Man's Sky underdelivered far more yet people seem to love it/Hello Games now that the game is up to scratch a few years later.

A couple of months of patching and the inevitable hype cycle for the Witcher 4 and this will be largely forgotten about imo.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    For anyone who likes the Skippy pistol
    After 50 Headshots it reverts to the other mode and then there is a side quest to return it to the owner, I'm going to try the duplication glitch to try get around it
    Just dont return him, still a great gun when in pacifist mode

Which just speaks to their double standard. I'm convinced Sony is doing this to save themselves from refunds rather than their customers from a bad product since they've never given a shyte about that before. But what do I care what Sony does, I boycotted them ever since they applied their California-based standards to their original Japanese market.

I don't go that deep into any boycott as all I want to do is play games, but I won't defend Sony in this regard. Literally (almost) every other store allow refunds as is the standard practice of consumer law (surely?). Under the supply of goods and services act, at least here in Ireland, all consumers are entitled to a repair, replacement and refund

"Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, anything you buy from a retailer must be:

- of merchantable quality
    - fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable
    - as described, whether the description is part of the advertising or wrapping, on a label, or something said by the salesperson.

When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair."

I can only imagine this law is found in a lot of other countries as well, or at least something very similar?

Sony, in this instance, is the "retailer", and when I see this act, and see companies being blatant in their disregard for it, it astounds me. Like why would you do something so corrupt? (I know; money/greed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

What happens in terms of patches now that it’s been removed from the store? Can they still go ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Markitron wrote: »
    I still think what Gearbox did was worse

If you plan on getting a PS5 in the near future hang onto it, if not get a refund.

I do probably next year once the storm dies down. But how will my PS 4 copy work on PS5. Excuse my ignorance but haven't researched that heavily.

What happens in terms of patches now that it’s been removed from the store? Can they still go ahead?

I'd fathom a guess that they'll "Re-release" the game with a hotfix of some kind, I 'm not sure. I'm usually optimistic but I don't think they'll fix it until it's relisted on the store

if the ps5 only downloads a copy of the game from the store when a ps4 disc inserted will this screw over loads of folk at christmas as well. This is a sham from sony if that is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So is the verdict that it's not worth playing on the ps4? Have it downloaded and just created my character but haven't had a chance to go further.

I'd be a fairly casual gamer especially with these types of games - could i still enjoy it or are the bugs just too noticeable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Say what you want about NMS, but damn, Hello Games totally redeemed themselves. What a great game it is now.

Honestly think it's one of the best three games of the last generation. Absolutely incredible piece of work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement