Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,291 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Couple of Twitch streamers have it now, Cohhcarnage will probably be the least obnoxious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thank **** i downloaded this and didn't wait for physical to get the update tomorrow as there is tree cutting going on outside and they just 'nicked a wire'. My internet is gonzo.

Edit: Ah Jaysus Vodafone "okay, so you're saying there's a cable cut in front of your house...hmm hmm ok, let go ahead and reboot the router :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve never looked forward to a Digital Foundry comparison video more.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

So apparently the PS5 has low texture bugs and annoying pop ins according to those who are playing it early.
    t

You have to remember it's the PS4 game on backwards compatible. I think people need to temper their expectations. Full PS5 port isn't coming 'til next year.
    That's why I'm not buying it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

On Xbox, if you switch your region to New Zealand now you can play right now...

Yes yes i know, you are most welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ouch, alot of bugs alright. IGN review is up, 9/10 but its littered in bugs.

Is this with the Day 1 patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

weemcd wrote: »
    My amazon delivery is saying the 11th now, despite having pre-ordered for the 10th for 2 months now. Very fùcking pissed off. I thought they were leaving it too late by only dispatching it yesterday.

I know it's first world problems but I'd near be tempted to complain about that.

It might be a delay in the Irish end beyond their control? Apparently some postal centres have had outbreaks of covid recently which can cause some delays. On that note, probably best to give a quick wipe to any packages you receivein the post prior to opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Yeah, that's true. That being said, CDPR know that most people don't have a PS5 yet and they made the decision to release it on all platforms as opposed to doing what they should have done and simply waited until next gen had really taken off and released it then. These dev companies are too impatient.

That’s silly though why would they wanna lose out on a mountain of money with all the PS4 consoles out in the world right now this is peak time to release it and the game was ultimately developed with the PS4 /Xbox one generation in mind

This is exactly how GTAV released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Enjoy your game, everyone! :D

Looks like similar gameplay to Goat Simulator :D

Looks like similar gameplay to Goat Simulator :D

Baaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

At some point the PS5 is going to eclipse the PS4 and anyone truly interested in buying the game will make that transition. If this game had been planned for 2022 or 2023 that would have been enough time and still would have made a lot of money. The devs admitted that at some point during development it turned into a next gen game. That should have been their first clue. It's just poor planning all around. All that crunch and making your devs work until they are sick and the game is still unfinished lol.

GTAV is not Cyberpunk 2077.

In fairness they started planning the game in 2012/2013, next gen consoles have come out in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Enjoy your game, everyone! :D

God, I hope that's not how it is with the patches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

At some point the PS5 is going to eclipse the PS4 and anyone truly interested in buying the game will make that transition. If this game had been planned for 2022 or 2023 that would have been enough time and still would have made a lot of money. The devs admitted that at some point during development it turned into a next gen game. That should have been their first clue. It's just poor planning all around. All that crunch and making your devs work until they are sick and the game is still unfinished lol.

GTAV is not Cyberpunk 2077.

That’s just pr speak IMO if it turned into a next gen game during development then why is the next gen patch or version ready to go it’s just a PS4 upscale atm

Watching Jackfrags play on PC. NPCs just walk straight through your vehicle if left in their path. Lol.

Watching Jackfrags play on PC. NPCs just walk straight through your vehicle if left in their path. Lol.

Yeah its not good, alot of the streams up on Twitch are showing ALOT of bugs... Im torn now, do I start this today or leave it for a few weeks. I dont want it ruined due to bugs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watched Shroud play for a bit there and he stumbled upon CohhCarnage actually ingame haha was so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Yea I feel like the game looks like it will be last gen in design, just with next gen lighting if you can run ray tracing

People are so mad about that gamespot review. There really are some people out there who's entire identity is about consuming brands and defending them from criticism. Doubly ironic with this particular game

One thing that's disappointing in the GS review is hearing that the three backstory choices (corpo, street etc) don't actually figure much into the game except during the prologue. Which is what I had feared

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Watching the streams I think we can put to bed the idea that the bugs will be sorted with the day 1 patch. I'm a bit conflicted now. Part of me wants to wait a while until the bugs are ironed out but that could mean waiting a good while. Don't think I'll be able to resist not playing!

I dont think i'd be able to resist if im being honest, bugs and all.

There's some real scum out there in the fan boy world. The woman from Gamespot getting death threats and people sending the woman who pointed out some photosensitive issues which caused her a seizure emails, pretending to be supportive, containing things made to trigger her.

But we see this toxic element everywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dont think i'd be able to resist if im being honest, bugs and all.
    I cannot resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

ZiabR wrote: »
    Yeah its not good, alot of the streams up on Twitch are showing ALOT of bugs... Im torn now, do I start this today or leave it for a few weeks. I dont want it ruined due to bugs.

Start it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

https://www.ign.com/articles/how-long-is-cyberpunk-2077?sf134042866=1

Interesting enough, certainly looks more like 40-60 hours to do a decent run through rather than the rushed 20 hour playthroughs they did for reviews

Anyone seen PS5 footage? Running well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As ever, a lot of the outrage and abuse is directed towards women who reviewed the game. The usual mix of sociopathy, misogyny and hyper consumerism from the usual suspects. Despicable, deranged and utterly pathetic stuff, but nothing surprising at this stage.

Advertisement