Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I played the game for pretty much every waking moment I had over the weekend and I have to say I am really loving it.

Bad things:
    Visuals - I'm playing on PS5 and at times the game looks really good but at times it looks kinda rubbish.

Bugs- graphical glitches are annoying but they don't really bother me that much in general. However, I have a persistent bug that every time I start the game it's defaulted all of my controller/visual settings and I have to change them each time. Also, a couple of times I've had an annoying glitch where context specific UI elements don't disappear off the screen after the event and I've to reset the game to get rid of them.

Crashes - The game has crashed on me around 7 times which is annoying, but at least the save points are generous enough that I've not lost any real progress.

Combat - Combat is better than I was expecting it to be if I'm being honest- it feels like an under-polished version of destiny with dog awful AI

Why I'm loving the game:
    Honestly this game should have been delayed further, and they probably should have abandoned the last gen versions. I'm not excusing CDPR's actions surrounding the launch of this game at all. That being said, this is probably the best 'game world' that I've ever been in. When I was younger I used to love reading the Cyberpunk tabletop book and I think this game has perfectly captured the atmosphere and tone of the Cyberpunk world. The mythos, slang visual aesthetic etc. feel spot on for me and it scratches an itch that no other game has before. I see there has been some criticism about the lack of things to do in the world besides the story/side quests. I get that people like these things and I can see why the lack of such activities may be a negative for some players. From my own personal experience however I don't really engage with those kind of things in open world games that much. For example: I probably had 1 game of cards in RDR2, or played tennis or golf in GTA5 once. I think those things are cool, but they're not why I'm there and I usually never go back to them after trying them once.

I think the story is great. I won't get into any specifics because of spoilers but I think the writing of the quests is really good from a narrative point of view. There's some really memorable characters/factions/districts in the game and the tone manages to go between 80's Paul Verhoeven cheese(which I love) and darker themes which at times are quite poignant which I was pleasantly surprised by.

The side missions are excellent, and are on par with the main story missions in terms of writing and scope and they provide great supplementary context for the characters and world.

So yeah, it's a flawed game as has been well discussed but it's also a game that I am enjoying playing immensely and I can't wait to see where the story goes next!

Oh, one last thing. I am loving the music in the game, particularly the ambient/hard techno stuff.
    The combat music is obviously influenced by the recent Doom games also which is no bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

No matter what, people will moan. Its this day and age. The most annoying people are the ones, who bought it day one and now complain how it needed more time and its too buggy. Like you had all this information you could look up and see the state of the game. And if you were willing to wait and have game delayed more, then all you needed to do is.... not to buy game now and buy it later.

To be honest this isn't exactly fair, PS4 and Xbox one players in particular had no reason to expect that their version of Cyberpunk wouldn't be the 90 metacritic one done on RTX cards. They assumed that their version would also be that 90 MC game

The only way they could figure that out is if they watched the leaked footage or waited a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Birneybau wrote: »
    Still no sign of my Smyth's delivery.

Haven’t even gone near the post yet but not expecting it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This thread is the least hate boner-ey of all the Cyberpunk threads I've been commenting on, I'd say people on here are either into the game or are pretty underwhelmed by it. Not memeing on how **** it is or how they hate it so much.

Everyone can see this game has shed loads and i mean shed load of potential. It has a great story and very good characters. Voice acting is amazing and the city itself is very impressive. I don't think anyone hates the game, we just feel hard done by on console, and rightly so. I worry we are looking at a 12 month wait for PS5 and Series X versions because they will have to fix PS4 and Xbox One first. Had they launched in a much better state they could have begun work on next gen much sooner.

Its just a mess at the moment, sadly.

• Advertisement

I assumed it was common sense that the game would run terrible on the base consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I assumed it was common sense that the game would run terrible on the base consoles.

Maybe to people who had been following the forums and are generally clued in to games media. People who seen the ads in the last few weeks probably just bought it because it looked cool and ended up with a game that doesn't run on their console. These people got shafted.

Has anyone else found the Death Stranding easter egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

its common sense too that the new PS5/Series X wouldn't hit 120fps at 4k on titles but people still believed it and still believe it today.
    I don't blame people for being pissed..the game should never have been released on last gen consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Again, nobody was expecting ray-traced, 4K graphics on the base consoles.

They were, I’d imagine, expecting something more than 20 FPS at sub 720p.

Big difference between expecting a miracle and expecting something playable. And as several games this year showed - your TLOU2s or Ghost of Tsushimas - those old consoles can produce stable, beautiful experiences still.

• Advertisement

I'm playing the ps4 version on ps5, I've done the heist mission with Jackie and a few side jobs and I think I'm going to leave it there until the ps5 version comes out, whenever that may be. Too many bugs, random crashes, the lack of customisation and the feeling of unfulfilled potential is really taking away from the experience for me. I have a huge backlog to get through in the meantime. Hopefully they can get it back on track.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

How many of the people playing on PC are actually on high-end rigs? Lots of talk about how great it looks on PC but there's no real definition of a PC and builds vary hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How dare you to assume anything in this day in age! You will outrage someone!

Jokes aside, I agree. When ps4 and xbox one released they made games for 360 too, and they looked rubbish. Theu only did it, because there were still a lot of people on old gen.

And let's be honest, first two years, ps5 and series X will suffer, because all games will have to be built for all old gen consoles. And yes, I presumed people took it as common sense.

It's a shame that CDPR told people that it runs "surprisingly well" on base consoles....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Blazer wrote: »
    its common sense too that the new PS5/Series X wouldn't hit 120fps at 4k on titles but people still believed it and still believe it today.
    I don't blame people for being pissed..the game should never have been released on last gen consoles.

What everyone still seems to be missing is that this game was ONLY supposed to be a last gen game. Over 7 years ago CDPR announced Cyberpunk 2077 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. At the time there was no mention of Series X or PS5, those consoles weren't even in the planning stage. The game was marketed and developed for PS4 and Xbox One.

It is clear what has happened is a mid development shift. CDPR got wind of next gen consoles and advances in PC hardware and thought "why limit ourselves to last gen consoles with terrible CPUs, when we can push our game and show the world what we can do with Red Engine". The game looks amazing on PC and will look many times better on PS5 and Series X when they get around to releasing it.

The problem is, they spent millions marketing and developing this game for last gen and when they launched it, it looks and plays like they stopped working on it 4 years ago. They sold the game under a false pretence to maximise sales. That is a really sneaky horrible thing to do.

The sad reality is that this game is never going to run or look properly on last gen consoles because the future is next gen and PC.

They have pulled the wool over millions of gamers and will likely get away with it aswell. More fools us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is anyone playing on the One X? It seems to be the least represented in all the YouTube framerate/performance tests. I'll honestly trying to decide between the One X version and Stadia, which I know runs really well with my broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is anyone playing on the One X? It seems to be the least represented in all the YouTube framerate/performance tests. I'll honestly trying to decide between the One X version and Stadia, which I know runs really well with my broadband.

Digital Foundry should have a video up about it in the next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What about Passion quest ?

Don't know what that you're referring to, even after googling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ixoy wrote: »
    How many of the people playing on PC are actually on high-end rigs? Lots of talk about how great it looks on PC but there's no real definition of a PC and builds vary hugely.

9900K and a 1080 and its running just under 60fps in 2k.

only minor visual glitches so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I have it for the xbox one and played it on stadia last night, stadia hands down is miles better. different games.
    They're doing at deal at the mo on stadia, buy the game and get chrome cast ultra and controller for free (so 60 quid for all three) - very tempted to do that and return my xbox game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I have it for the xbox one and played it on stadia last night, stadia hands down is miles better. different games.
    They're doing at deal at the mo on stadia, buy the game and get chrome cast ultra and controller for free (so 60 quid for all three) - very tempted to do that and return my xbox game.

Deal finished yesterday, alas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Smyths order just landed

Let’s see this sh show on the ps5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone tried to get the refund with Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The missions themselves are pretty great but the way everything is organised is a bit of a mess. I have about 15 options for side missions at the moment, I think that is just too many to be able to keep track of and piece together what you're supposed to be doing. Having said that I'm finding it more fun to do those as it feels far more like an open world experience. In the main story the missions seem to just straight into one another and next thing you know its been 2 hours and you've not even seen the City, feels like linear FPS single player at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I do enjoy the motor bikes. Great travelling, except when you hit an invisible wall, or magic gravity portal that stops the front wheel from moving.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

dreamers75 wrote: »
    9900K and a 1080 and its running just under 60fps in 2k.

only minor visual glitches so far.

What kind of settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

For the first time, Opencritic puts a PSA warning players not to play the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 on the review page.

QUmls5w_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just got a refund of Argos for the game on PS4.

As I got further in the framerate just became terrible and thats on the Pro.

I'll revisit when its patched and I get a next gen console. Just not worth the frustration atm

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Has anyone tried returning it to GameStop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭xtal191

Advertisement