Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XII: Farrell's First Fifteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

gally74 wrote: »
    Lam all day long , Muldoon too , expect conn representation to increase

Considering it took Lam 3 years at Connacht and 3 years at Bristol to get the team playing the way he wants. That’s with weekly access. Given people have been calling for Farrells head after 12 months. I can’t see Lam working out very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Rugby4568

Gibson Park and Billy Burns are starting. Murray pulled his hamstring in training

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

As a Connacht fan I'd definitely say leave Lam where he is. Legend for us but hard to see what he did transferring to international rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Rugby4568 wrote: »
    Gibson Park and Billy Burns are starting. Murray pulled his hamstring in training

Was that before or after murray was interviewed for the news saying how well training had gone today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Murray Kinsella reporting that James Ryan is likely to miss out, with Beirne and Henderson in the second row and Ruddock at 6. Have a feeling we’ll see Baird on the bench too, looks to have featured a lot in the social media photos.

Kinsella also reporting that Earls is in line to start and Larmour on the bench, which is a bit disappointing with an eye on the future but it’s probably putting more emphasis on the defensive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

15. Hugo Keenan
    14. Keith Earls
    13. Garry Ringrose
    12. Robbie Henshaw
    11. James Lowe
    10. Johnny Sexton/Billy Burns
    9. Conor Murray

1. Cian Healy
    2. Rob Herring
    3. Andrew Porter
    4. Tadhg Beirne
    5. Iain Henderson
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. CJ Stander

Rumoured team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

From G Thornley
    Ireland v France (possible): Hugo Keenan; Keith Earls, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe; Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rob Herring, Andrew Porter; Tadhg Beirne, Iain Henderson; Rhys Ruddock, Josh van der Flier, CJ Stander. Replacements: Ronan Kelleher, Dave Kilcoyne/Ed Byrne, Tadhg Furlong, Ultan Dillane/Ryan Baird, Will Connors, Jamison Gibson-Park, Billy Burns, Jordan Larmour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Thornley's team:

Ireland v France (possible): Hugo Keenan; Keith Earls, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe; Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rob Herring, Andrew Porter; Tadhg Beirne, Iain Henderson; Rhys Ruddock, Josh van der Flier, CJ Stander. Replacements: Ronan Kelleher, Dave Kilcoyne/Ed Byrne, Tadhg Furlong, Ultan Dillane/Ryan Baird, Will Connors, Jamison Gibson-Park, Billy Burns, Jordan Larmour.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I actually think France have a chance of winning this

• Advertisement

Was that before or after murray was interviewed for the news saying how well training had gone today?

Just saying what I heard mate I got the team right last week that I posted on the Leinster fans forum. Gibson Park is starting so is Billy Burns

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    15. Hugo Keenan
    14. Keith Earls
    13. Garry Ringrose
    12. Robbie Henshaw
    11. James Lowe
    10. Johnny Sexton/Billy Burns
    9. Conor Murray

1. Cian Healy
    2. Rob Herring
    3. Andrew Porter
    4. Tadhg Beirne
    5. Iain Henderson
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. CJ Stander

Rumoured team

Gibson Park is starting I’ve heard from a very reliable source.

Rugby4568 wrote: »
    Just saying what I heard mate I got the team right last week that I posted on the Leinster fans forum.

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Buer wrote: »
    Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Don’t worry I’m telling the truth. You’ll find that out tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Does anyone know who's starting at half back?

aloooof wrote: »

Word is Ross Byrne and Craig Casey have been tearing it up in training and likely to get the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Jesus. You'll say ANYTHING just to stir it up.

We're gonna win by 50 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Heard from my source who's very close to the national team players that I'm mates with who definitely is real that Gibson Park pulled his hamstring in training so Murray is starting.

Just saying what I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

Have it on good authority that Ham String bought a Gibson and Murray will be playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 backcamslua

France are the up and coming team -based on their ream of talent from recent Academy and U20 teams =Would suggest we ourselves clear the decks after the game on Sunday and start building for 2023 WC-start with bringing in new half backs Cooney/Casey and Healy -- If we are going to look for Pat Lam as Coach in the medium term we'll need to change our total gameplan and start by blooding new talent. Do we need to try playing a more expansive SH style game?

Gibson Park and Billy Burns are the starting half backs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I don't think I need to go back through your 95 posts in 11 days, I feel like I've read them all in the past 30 seconds :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Just gotten the low down from inside the camp itself. It may or may not have been Farrell himself that I was talking to. But take it from me, this selection will shock you to the core.

Luke McGrath is to start at 9 after Murray pulled a hamstring and collapsed on top of JGP, who hit his head and is taking the mandatory 3 weeks out as a result. He was given a HIA by the team doctor on the sideline and was told he was okay, but new rules apply at this level. Craig Casey has got the s**ts so he's out too.

At 10, a surprise move sees Jack Crowley in as Sexton has failed his HIA, Burns has been fired into the sun from a cannon and Ross Byrne sat so deep in training that the coaches clean forgot he was there. Harry Byrne has insisted on making his Lions debut later this year before making his Ireland debut. Which is fair enough because its exactly what he deserves. Ben Healy has been too busy casting sideways glances at Edinburgh this week, so refused to answer the phone.

Trust me folks, I got a selection right once on another forum and under a different username. You can check it out. Some say it was the most accurate team ever.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Just gotten the low down from inside the camp itself. It may or may not have been Farrell himself that I was talking to. But take it from me, this selection will shock you to the core.

Luke McGrath is to start at 9 after Murray pulled a hamstring and collapsed on top of JGP, who hit his head and is taking the mandatory 3 weeks out as a result. He was given a HIA by the team doctor on the sideline and was told he was okay, but new rules apply at this level. Craig Casey has got the s**ts so he's out too.

At 10, a surprise move sees Jack Crowley in as Sexton has failed his HIA, Burns has been fired into the sun from a cannon and Ross Byrne sat so deep in training that the coaches clean forgot he was there. Harry Byrne has insisted on making his Lions debut later this year before making his Ireland debut. Which is fair enough because its exactly what he deserves. Ben Healy has been too busy casting sideways glances at Edinburgh this week, so refused to answer the phone.

Trust me folks, I got a selection right once on another forum and under a different username. You can check it out. Some say it was the most accurate team ever.

You can laugh at me all you want mate. You must think I’m lying or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

tenor.gif?itemid=19302693

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If it is JGP and Burns from the start I'd be pretty worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

To be fair, it's entirely possible if Murray has picked up an injury. And yeah, it would be a massive concern. But feck it, we might as well go full on underdogs going in. At least it'll ease the pain of an eventual loss....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Well, Burns will be starting if Sexton isn't fit, and it's not that outlandish that JGP would start given he did so against England and Wales in the autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

He misheard our Lord and savior harry byrne has ascended from the doldrums of the pro 14 so that now he can be to good for international rugby

Advertisement