Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

His jumping was a little ropey early on but he's still getting placed anyway.

A good days racing listed for Cheltenham today. I'm doing an ew on a longshot, Ben Pauling trained Galahad threepwood @20-1 in the 2.30. Kielan Woods on board

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Eastern Legend 4.50 and Kingswood 3.43 are solid ew bets in Cork.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Your Own Story 13/2 e/w, 6 places, Ayr 3.35

• Advertisement

The Scottish champion hurdle at Ayr today favours better types of horses as it's a limited handicap with a tight weight range.

Two who ran well in the county hurdle a Cheltenham can fight out the finish,Highway One O Two and last years winner Anna Bunina are the two,at around 7 to 1 I am backing both ew and cant see either out of the first 4,I will also do a cheeky reverse forecast on both.

I added Rubaud to the other 2 and did combination forecasts and tricasts in the Scottish Champion hurdle Ayr 2.25.

Got 2 of the 3 right and some consolation with Rubaud at a good price,backed Brunch ew in the 3.15 Newbury,should like the ground

Back from a week in the Algarve and a donation from a philantropic bookie would be nice,a lot of racing but i have not had time to go through all the racing and mainly concentrated on the valuable Bet 365 gold cup at 2.15 Sandown over 3 and a half miles.

A tough contest with several in-form fancied runners.Revels Hill is one of the favs after a good 2nd lto,the horse that beat him a length that day over 3 miles 6 and ahalf furlongs runs tomorrow and is my idea of the winner on only 2lbs worse off.

COOLVALLA has been a revelation this year,wininning 5 chases,was puled up in the 4 miler at Cheltenham when mies "wrong" at the weights but continued his winning at Exeter when back in a handicap.

Plenty dangers but at 14/1 ew 6 places COOLVALLA is a bit of value and aged 7 should be still improving.

I noticed that Danny Tudhope rides at Ripon sat,Omeara has some fancied ones at different tracks and Danny must fancy his chances at Ripon,he rides Last Crusader for Karl Burke in a race where Omeara has a runner and the might be worth an interest,was very useful at his best and now if a mark only 1 lb higher than last win.

I dont see him leaving Ripon without a couple of winners.

• Advertisement

Chealamy 4.45 Musss is an ew bet with 4 places available at 9 to 2 and in the 6.15 the ex Irish owned Walking on Clouds at 8 to 1 is also a good ew bet,his last run was a lot better than it looked and he seems sure to be involved today with 4 places also available.

I backed Darkness last Saturday ew 5 places and would have got the place money except that Danny Tudhope eased the horse in the last 25 yards and he was beaten a head for 5th.

I did not expect to see him out again so soon but he runs in the 3 oc at Newmarket today and must be backed ew at 6 to 1 with just 8 runners.

He ran in group races in France before coming to David Omeara who does very well with this type of horse.

8 lbs lower now despite running some good races looks a standout bet ew in the 3 0C with Jason Watson coming to Newmarket for just this mount in a valuable handicap.

Darkness is becoming expensive,never in the race until running on to finish 4th,don td know what's going on with the horse but there is a decent race to be won with him and he is becoming well handicapped.

6 places available in the big handicap at Newmarket at 2.50 and Chairmanoftheboard is the ew bet at around 14 to 1,likes the course and likes big field handicaps so a decent ew bet.

Run Ran Run is the bet in the big handicap at Naas at 3 20,has only had 3 runs and is probably still improving and can run well,4 places or more available and should be in the shakeup.

A a small bet at 66 to1on wayside Lady 5.10 Naas might not be the worst move for punters today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,731 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bonny Angel 12 -1 5.15

2 wins 2 places from 8 starts.

Get Ahead at 10-1 with 4 places is good value

Ran on really well from the back of field last time out, in its ten runs it has only finished outside of 4th once.

Mama Rose might be good enough to upset ths fav in the one thousand gns,Pp 4 places online 3 in the shops,she cost very little (in this context) we at 9 or 10 to 1.3.40 New.

Kitty McFee has only one eye,hope she runs a reasonable race at 100 to1 in the 4oc Leop.

The one or two ppl who bother to read what I post will be aware that I am puzzled by the performances of Darkness who seemed to be tenderly handled on his last 3 runs.

He runs off bottom weight in the Victoria cup at Ascot tomorrow and I have backed him at 40 to 1 and 28 to 1.He goes well here and worth a little ew imo

1.35 Haydock Willaston won well last time and is worth backing to follow up around 14 to 1 5 places ew,the ground is drying out and that suits.

In the Swinton hurdle at 3 15 Get Back Get Back and Washington at 16s and 10s are my two against the field.

Up to 6 places on offer in this competitive handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Ah Zim, posted at 3am! Had already checked your previous post and missed out on Willaston. Raging but well done!

very good racing always at the York festival for the next few days and the opening couple of big field handicaps are of interest.

FORZA ORTA has run well in this for the last two years finishing 7th and 5th and should get into the places at least again this year in the 1.50,all paying 5 places and at around 12s should give us a run.

The 2.25 is a 6 furlong dash and last years 2nd,BIELSA has a go again and is not without a chance,won here off a mark 2 lbs higher and showed a return to form when 2nd lto,10s and 5 places offer a bit of value,both are trained by Kevin Ryan.

Magic Zim, a 12 -1 winner out of a field of 21

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭corkgirl17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭liamtech

Gentleman legend as always man - 12-1 - delighted with that! Thx!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

we’ll done Zimmer. great stuff

A competitive 5 furlong handicap at York at 1.50 and i think MONDAMMEJ at around 14/1 is the one to be on.

Has form here and now down to the same mark as he was when winning his last race,has good form here. Is dangerous off 97 after his promising first run back,he now has plenty in his favour as he was a good 2nd at the course off a mark of 104 last year.

The other one i like in the race is the well fancied Designer and i will probably have a saver on him,but at the odds MONDAMMEJ is the value ew.

One other bet today,Tara Iti 5.25 Fontwell got into more trouble than one could imagine lto when starting slowly and then being very badly hampered before running on into 3rd.

That was 4 days ago and Gary Moore runs him before he goes up in the weights because he will probably never run off 94 again (was rated 100).

A better horse on ground better than soft imo is worth a bet today at 7 to 2 and as a c d winner acts on this quirky course.Gary Moore also has a well backed one in the race but I believe Tara Iti will take beating I backed I TV ew at 4s with Boyles who go 4 places.

Post edited by zimmermania on

Ran well doing best work at the finish doubled my money so not complaining.

• Advertisement

Selections made early for 2 York handicaps tomorrow.

In the 3 oc DIDEROT AT 14 / 16 TO 1 has only run 3 times on grass in a 15 race career,two of those runs were in Ireland in 2021 and one run at Chester last year when he was hampered early on and never in with a chance,his A W form has been good and he won a valuable handicap lto.

Normally ridden by Danny Muscutt but for whatever reason is ridden by Ross Coakley who only has one other mount at the meeting.Daniel Muscutt has a full book of rides at Newbury (some at big prices and it might be woth having a look at his mounts).

His last run in Lingfield in a 14 horse race was very good and because of the different surface he finds himself 2 lbs lower and there is no reason he should not be as good on grass.

Post edited by zimmermania on

Advertisement