Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

mooz wrote: »
    Is he first All-Star from Tipperary since Declan Browne won one??

No quinliven has one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Conor Sweeney All Star ! Well deserved
    ! ! Fantastic Footballer , fantastic Individual ! ! !

Absolutely well deserved. A superb footballer. Congrats to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭osullic

Any word on Billy McCarthy? Has to be one of the unluckiest lads out there. He was flying for the SARS last year until the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Podge1972

Premierview Podcast Episode 37

On this weeks Premierview Podcast the Lads have a really in depth discussion with Dr.Damien Young from Drom and Inch,who is the Performance Analyst with the Tipperary Senior Hurlers
    Some Gems in it

The amount of touches Lar actually had in the 2010 All Ireland Final

How often the Ball is actually in play during a game

What happens in a Half Time Tipperary Dressing Room

And how to develop two footed Gaelic Footballers

Spotify
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Md8qQf9EjrudkEXPfk9x7?si=ZK9QXUluSkqxHMn8YsvJrA&utm_source=copy-link&nd=1
    Soundcloud
    https://soundcloud.com/user-512075363/a-young-mans-game?ref=clipboard&p=a&c=1&utm_campaign=social_sharing&utm_medium=text&utm_source=clipboard

• Advertisement

osullic wrote: »
    Any word on Billy McCarthy? Has to be one of the unluckiest lads out there. He was flying for the SARS last year until the injury.

Haven't heard a thing. Really feel sorry for him. We badly needed lads like him last year on the wet ground that could win the dirty ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Philly Austin has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

formerlyET wrote: »

Philip Austin was a great servant to Tipp football down through the years.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Philip Austin was a great servant to Tipp football down through the years.

Brilliant servant to Tipperary football and an all around great guy! Delighted he got his Munster medal

Two of the three live games, on RTÉ Sport in May, feature Tipp - Limerick in Limerick on the 8th of May followed by hosting Cork on Saturday, May 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Ger Browne not on your panel this year according to Covid obsessed hurler on the ditch.

Ger Browne not on your panel this year according to Covid obsessed hurler on the ditch.

There is a lot of stuff going on with Browne and his club at the moment. He, his brother, and his 3 cousins (one of whom Devon Ryan) applied to transfer to Cashel K.C, but it was rejected. There is an internal dispute for reasons that are not publicly known. I hope it gets resolved, but this day and age, I cannot fathom how in gods name these disputes can escalate to such an extent. You hear a lot about the brotherhood of club, etc, but then, I've seen many disputes similar occur over the years. Never nice to see. You cant choose your parish at the end of the day and I suppose it works the other way too.

Browne is a loss to Tipp. We need more speed in our team especially with an ageing team, and he has it in abundance. Offers us a whole different option. Both Aaron Browne and Devon Ryan are two lads that will be looked at too, but this will do them no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't understand why the transfer was rejected? Those boys need to be hurling and need to be in a club. The issues haven't been resolved for whatever reason and seem to run deep. There has been multiple efforts to resolve it but all have failed.

Their parents are from Cashel, Cashel voted to take in the lads so thought the county board would do the decent thing. Big losses for tipp.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Can't understand why the transfer was rejected? Those boys need to be hurling and need to be in a club. The issues haven't been resolved for whatever reason and seem to run deep. There has been multiple efforts to resolve it but all have failed.

Their parents are from Cashel, Cashel voted to take in the lads so thought the county board would do the decent thing. Big losses for tipp.

If those transfers went through it could create some nasty boiling points in the future. They should have applied further away. Applying to Cashel was a revenge move as much as anything. I know you could say it's practical in terms of petrol. But Jesus, a neighbouring rival club...
    There are eight counties bordering Tipp. Pick a club in one of them if you can't pick your own. Limerick is close enough to them.
    Even Cashel agreeing to take them on is bad enough - but for Kickhams best young players to go there and then possibly play down the line - no matter how much time has passed...
    Ger was told in no uncertain terms to solve it. It hasn't been. Family power struggle involved. Costing young lads their careers. Nasty business.
    But the right thing has been done here. They set a clear pathway. Find a way to get back into your club or you won't be on the panel. Problem solved. The show goes on. Nobody or any group of players is bigger than their club or county. Ger and co need to clear up this mess without causing a problem in Tipp hurling. And if they don't they can kiss goodbye to their inter county careers. It's a pity there doesn't seem to be people/family in their lives that can help these guys out and get the show back on the road. Pride will have to be swallowed.

Cashel and Kickhams are next door to each other. You also have a slight town v countryside aspect to it. Dont forget, Kickhams invested a lot of time into these lads over the years and developed them into the county players they are today. They'll feel betrayed from their point of view.

One way or another, the lads need to resolve the issue and get the show back on the road. I cant imagine that they just decided one morning to up sticks and join Kickhams bitter rivals up the road. Something has happened behind the scenes. It could be a misunderstanding, or it could be a genuine matter. Either way, I can only hope they come to a resolution soon for everyone's sake. The county board need to handle this gently too. We don't want to lose these lads to soccer either. A bit of mediation wouldn't go astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

One parent each from Cashel, others from Knockavilla.
    Living in the parish. Co Board need to uphold parish rule, otherwise set a precedent for other to move as they wish.

With the weather shaping up like this, I wonder if we'll see games this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With the weather shaping up like this, I wonder if we'll see games this weekend?

A bit of wind and rain will hardly stop games going ahead

A bit of wind and rain will hardly stop games going ahead

I remember it stopping a league game in Cork.

Seamie Callanan is out of the early league games with a knock. Paul Maher & Billy MacCarthy also out of early rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I remember it stopping a league game in Cork.

In May?

In May?

Pull out the calendar there.

I've heard Andrew Ormond and Ciaran Connolly are also part of senior squad.

1. N Quaid

2. A Costello, 3. S Finn, 4. R English.

5. D Byrnes, 6. K Hayes, 7. B Nash

8. W O’Donoghue, 9. D O’Donovan.

10. T Morrissey, 11. D Reidy, 12. C Boylan.

13. A Breen, 14. S Flanagan, 15. D Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Interesting to see who gets captain being named tonight, I'd say Ronan Maher could be in with a shout.

Edit: Seamie retains

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tipperary team v Limerick:

Barry Hogan; C Barrett, R Maher, B Heffernan.
    B McGrath, S Kennedy, B O'Meara.
    A Flynn, M Breen.
    D McCormack, Patrick Maher, N O'Meara.
    W Connors, J Forde, J Morris
    Debuts for Barry Hogan and Brian McGrath

Callanan remains captain
    Vice - Noel McGrath

What do people think of the balance of the side?

What do people think of the balance of the side?

Certainly a lot of ball-winners....do we lack scorers though? Bonnar and Dan are great battlers, but maybe aren't guys who will take points. I suppose Jason will drop a bit deeper to collect a breaking ball.

One part of me is saying ''its only the league, not the end of the world'', while the other part of me feels we need to get a win on Limerick.

Looking forward to seeing our puckout under Barry Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

Think it's an interesting selection, will be interested to see how Hogan in goal will use puck outs. Half forward line is pretty much our best set of ball winners. Could see Willie Connors coming out for break ball. Half back line doesn't have huge experience but great potential. Looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see where scores come from in the team.

Hopefully Brian McGrath can prove to be a solid addition

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement