Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

eagle eye wrote: »
    They'll probably come back giving somebody else credit for the ventilators. Probably demand proof on Biden's health and remind you that you are not a doctor but after me posting this maybe they won't.

I have no issue with someone disagreeing with me. Most have done so since I first posted this morning. That's the joys of individual opinions and the ability to have discussions and sometimes they change.

Incidentally, you said you didn't agree with all of my post but you did agree with a lot, what parts did you not agree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,203 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

is trump still hiding in his bunker with the lights out?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They'll probably come back giving somebody else credit for the ventilators. Probably demand proof on Biden's health and remind you that you are not a doctor but after me posting this maybe they won't.

Trump admin spent a lot of time during the lockdown outbidding states for medical supplies. And when they went out of their way to secure their own supplies, the feds swooped in and intercepted deliveries. It was chaos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=feds+steal+medical+supplies&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Giving Trump credit for ventilators? Tell the whole story.

If so, someone should lock the door and then turn off the WiFi.

Just for a day or so like.

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump admin spent a lot of time during the lockdown outbidding states for medical supplies. And when they went out of their way to secure their own supplies, the feds swooped in and intercepted deliveries. It was chaos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=feds+steal+medical+supplies&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Giving Trump credit for ventilators? Tell the whole story.

How come Gavin Newsome in California stocked his entire state with N95 masks before the feds even had time to blink? Because that was his job to do so and he did it very well.

I don't get all the praise for Cuomo in comparison. He was slow off the mark too. Newsome had the advantage of California being a pretty rich state, but Cuomo had the same opportunities.

It seemed like all the time Cuomo was whining at the federal government for help, Newsome took the initiative instead.

I've seen both men mentioned as future presidential candidates due to their handling of this pandemic. Newsome I get, Cuomo not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,648 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DrPhilG wrote:
    Incidentally, you said you didn't agree with all of my post but you did agree with a lot, what parts did you not agree with?
    I don't agree that Trump should get any credit for anything to do with covid-19. He has been horrendous since the beginning. He has tried deflection, the China virus, dismissing it's seriousness, giving people false hope, praising people going to a rally over their amendment rights in the middle of a pandemic, telling people that disinfectants and the likes work. He's been an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You should ask the Secret Service... That was their call.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »

the whiny manbaby spent the night filing his depends and retweeting racist twitter accounts.

Did they gag him as well, take his phone away and the cameras?

I don't agree that Trump should get any credit for anything to do with covid-19. He has been horrendous since the beginning. He has tried deflection, the China virus, dismissing it's seriousness, giving people false hope, praising people going to a rally over their amendment rights in the middle of a pandemic, telling people that disinfectants and the likes work. He's been an absolute disgrace.

Fair enough. I still think the ventilator provision was a success.

Speaking of Trump's main claims to success, (and apologies if this was already covered as its an old thread) but what are your thoughts on the Trump administration in its handling of:
    *North Korea
    *Soleimani
    *The economy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Because there was no way they could get him out by helicopter.

He's hiding, the whitehouse is now the dark house, it looks like your hero has abandoned ship.

Hasn't even got the good sense to make an address to the nation.

Instead he prefers to tweet shìte about himself

Amazed anyone would be praising the Soleimani, it almost started a war and heavily damaged on the ground relations with the Iraqis...

the whiny manbaby spent the night filing his depends and retweeting racist twitter accounts.
    DTS on display, once again.

What do almost all the cities have in common that have allowed violence and destruction to overtake their cities from the so-called George Floyd death protesters? I'd say the political party of the mayors who have failed to do their jobs. Minneapolis – Democrat, New York City - Democrat, Los Angeles - Democrat, Miami - Republican, Nashville - Democrat, Salt Lake City - Democrat, Cleveland - Democrat, Raleigh - Democrat, Atlanta- Democrat, Dallas - Democrat, Washington, DC - Democrat, Philadelphia - Democrat, Chicago - Democrat and San Francisco – Democrat.

Trump is calling for Law and Order, has called for criminal prosecutions for those who have committed crimes, and will most certainly be hitting democrats for their failure to protect their citizens in this time. Another feather in his cap come election.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

What do almost all the cities have in common that have allowed violence and destruction to overtake their cities from the so-called George Floyd death protesters? I'd say the political party of the mayors who have failed to do their jobs. Minneapolis – Democrat, New York City - Democrat, Los Angeles - Democrat, Miami - Republican, Nashville - Democrat, Salt Lake City - Democrat, Cleveland - Democrat, Raleigh - Democrat, Atlanta- Democrat, Dallas - Democrat, Washington, DC - Democrat, Philadelphia - Democrat, Chicago - Democrat and San Francisco – Democrat.

Trump is calling for Law and Order, has called for criminal prosecutions for those who have committed crimes, and will most certainly be hitting democrats for their failure to protect their citizens in this time. Another feather in his cap come election.

LMAO keep going please. Let’s pretend that there are no riots in Red cities.

he sent a tweet saying "Law and Order". he hasnt spoken to the nation. he much prefers to pour oil on the flames. what a great president.

New ad from the Lincoln Project.

Meanwhile #BunkerBitch still hasn’t found his own voice yet. Still relegated to recycling quotes from talking heads who give him his opinions. #Leadership

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1267432507005448192?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 37,648 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DrPhilG wrote:
    Speaking of Trump's main claims to success, (and apologies if this was already covered as its an old thread) but what are your thoughts on the Trump administration in its handling of: *North Korea *Soleimani *The economy

I honestly don't know what to make of North Korea but I like that he put it up to them. I'm still not sure how much of an effect it had though.
    Soleimani had been a target of the US for a long time. I'll give him as much credit as Obama for Bin Laden. Both could have happened at anytime under any POTUS.
    He deserves some credit for the economy starting to recover. There was still a very long way to go though before it could be considered a success story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

40 million unemployed, 110,000 dead and rising and failure to protect business and property

He is done.

Elect incompetence, get incompetent results.

Who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

He deserves some credit for the economy starting to recover. There was still a very long way to go though before it could be considered a success story.
    Can you expand on this recovery?

40 million unemployed, 110,000 dead and rising and failure to protect business and property

He is done.

Elect incompetence, get incompetent results.

Who knew?
    You're blaming all that on Trump? More DTS delusions. Next you'll be blaming him for Amelia Earhart’s disappearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You're blaming all that on Trump? More DTS delusions. Next you'll be blaming him for Amelia Earhart’s disappearance.

Where is dear leader? Why hasn't he addressed the nation? Why is he hiding in a bunker in the dark house? Is this leadership in your eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No one is going to care. No president wins with civil unrest, death and mass unemployment.

He is a dysfunctional president and these are the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Where is dear leader? Why hasn't he addressed the nation? Why is he hiding in a bunker in the dark house? Is this leadership in your eyes?
    I’d say weighing his options, listening to advisors, seeing what jurisdiction and legalities the federal government must contend with, analyzing the impact and effect of the curfews and national guard, and not rushing to judgement. You know… presidential stuff.

I’d say weighing his options, listening to advisors, seeing what jurisdiction and legalities the federal government must contend with, analyzing the impact and effect of the curfews and national guard, and not rushing to judgement. You know… presidential stuff.

Can’t think of any other President or riot in history where a President needed a full week to decide whether or not to crawl out of his hole and lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And you know this how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Thargor wrote: »

LOL he's such a populist brain dead moron seriously. Always a tweet.

Anyway he's doing is best to make it a Democrats v Republican thing when the best course of action would be for Trump and Biden to put on a united front to quell the tensions.

Trump is basically pushing America closer towards civil war with the strategy he is taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Electioneering on a crisis:

29049626-8374737-image-a-2_1590958292203.jpg

He'll tell barr to outlaw protesting next.
    Trump is the biggest problem the U.S.A. ever faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I'd expect that of President Obama or soon-to-be-coronated President Biden. This guy? You're blowing smoke. Can't even spell.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    And you know this how?
    Common sense. Something lacking in those afflicted with TDS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement