Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Unlikely. Those gun toting folk tend not to attack police and businesses.
    This battle is a left teamed with black folk vs police.
    The Patriots won't get involved

Weren't they protesting their gun rights which ultimately is to fight oppressive over governance? Over militarised police and national guard shooting rubber bullets at people in their homes. Republicans and gun owners happy with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

What was it you recently said about attacking the source?
    My comment had to do with Rather trying to stay relevant.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Weren't they protesting their gun rights which ultimately is to fight oppressive over governance? Over militarised police and national guard shooting rubber bullets at people in their homes. Republicans and gun owners happy with this?

I’m surprised they don’t join in the protest. A month ago they cried “tyranny!” And demanded haircuts

So the daughter of Democrat Bill Blasio (New York City mayor) was arrested at a violent protest in NYC where she was part of a mob of protesters blocking emergency vehicles. Then we have Democrat lhan Omar’s daughter who was caught communicating with rioters through social media. And to top if off Democrat Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s daughter, Hope, was caught giving inside information to rioters about the National Guard troop movements on her social media.

Such lovely people these Democrats. What the hell are they teaching their kids?

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/05/31/its-unacceptable-richmond-police-chief-gets-emotional-while-talking-about-protests/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I think they will pick their battles. This is not one to get involved in. People will take the blame away from those clearly seen on videos wrecking cities and place it on right wing gun toting folk if they get involved. We both know this. Much better to stay clear

• Advertisement

By the way politicians and the media are going on you'd swear Antifa was a vast highly organised and embedded organisation in every level of society. Reality is it's just another one dimensional bad guy to oppose and justify excessive use of force.

notobtuse wrote: »
    So the daughter of Democrat Bill Blasio (New York City mayor) was arrested at a violent protest in NYC where she was part of a mob of protesters blocking emergency vehicles. Then we have Democrat lhan Omar’s daughter who was caught communicating with rioters through social media. And to top if off Democrat Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s daughter, Hope, was caught giving inside information to rioters about the National Guard troop movements on her social media.

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/05/31/its-unacceptable-richmond-police-chief-gets-emotional-while-talking-about-protests/

The First Amendment?

I think they will pick their battles. This is not one to get involved in. People will take the blame away from those clearly seen on videos wrecking cities and place it on right wing gun toting folk if they get involved. We both know this. Much better to stay clear

So they don't have any principles when it comes to state oppression? Next time we hear them waffling on about the Constitution, it'll just be empty words.

If the scenes playing out in the USA were in other country we'd have politicians talking high and mighty about state aggression against citizens etc. Absolute hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And then you had the president of the USA hiding in a bunker after saying "when the looting starts, the shooting starts".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    I just don’t understand the reasons for you attacking mine, when it seems to offend everything you claim to hold dear with no sense of irony when it comes to criticizing other posts.
    A strange hill for you to die on but I am glad to help you wither there.
    All you've done since I asked you a simple question is ask questions back and deflect. Can you not just be honest and tell me why you criticised the poster for making a good point?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

eagle eye wrote: »
    You seen all his live debates and have no concerns? May I suggest you go get tested yourself?

You watch Biden v Bernie? I ask again.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

So they don't have any principles when it comes to state oppression? Next time we hear them waffling on about the Constitution, it'll just be empty words.

If the scenes playing out in the USA were in other country we'd have politicians talking high and mighty about state aggression against citizens etc. Absolute hypocrites.

The scenes played out in Northern Ireland in 1969 and US politicians did feck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Your being extremely obtuse.

eagle eye wrote: »
    All you've done since I asked you a simple question is ask questions back and deflect. Can you not just be honest and tell me why you criticised the poster for making a good point?

All you’ve done since I asked you a simple question is to ask questions back and deflect. Can you not just be honest and tell me why you criticized me for making a good point?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

My comment had to do with Rather trying to stay relevant.

So

The source?

Very hypocritical of you.

Sure you could say that. You could say many things. Not getting involved is the best course of action in order to not become scapegoats. The actions of the rioters is out in the open for all to see. As is the actions of the police.
    Best to stay clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

By the way politicians and the media are going on you'd swear Antifa was a vast highly organised and embedded organisation in every level of society. Reality is it's just another one dimensional bad guy to oppose and justify excessive use of force.

Antifa dislike Trump and his cronies and it's really is no surprise they be among the black people marching for justice and equal rights on the streets. They see some cops as fascists, puppets of the state, and they have joined in now to help change the system.

I saw no evidence yet this group has widespread support in white communities. How many from this group are rioting is unknown and there no evidence at all to this, they are highly organised group and have a vast network of support across the country. It suits Trump to blame the left and Antifa for the event and ignore the police force handling of this.

Trump tweets show the mental incapacity of the man to handle a complex issue like race. He doesn't seem to get it force and police brutality is the reason this started in the first place.

Antifa dislike Trump and his cronies and it's really is no surprise they be among the black people marching for justice and equal rights on the streets. They see some cops as fascists, puppets of the state, and they have joined in now to help change the system.

I saw no evidence yet this group has widespread support in white communities How many from this group are rioting is unknown. There no evidence at all they are highly organised group and have a vast network of support across the country. It suits Trump to blame the left and Antifa for the event and ignore the police force handling of this.

Trump tweets show the mental incapacity of the man to handle a complex issue like race. He doesn't seem to get force and police brutality is the reason this started in the first place.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Heaver/status/1267079910662778880?s=20

Antifa flag front and centre outside downing st. F the police they chant

So

The source?

Very hypocritical of you.
    The source for what? My opinion that Rather is trying to stay relevant? I think someone with such a high profile as Rather who was disgraced for pushing a lie, would think twice before stepping into horse$hit again. But I guess some people's egos are hard to tame and have a need to believe what they say is important anymore.

Chanting wow I’m terrified

• Advertisement

The source for what? My opinion that Rather is trying to stay relevant? I think someone with such a high profile as Rather who was disgraced for pushing a lie, would think twice before stepping into horse$hit again. But I guess some people's egos are hard to tame and have a need to believe what they say is important anymore.

That kind of thinking got Trump in the WH after all

Overheal wrote: »
    Chanting wow I’m terrified

The point is that antifa have gotten involved in the protests both in the Us and now uk. Its undeniable.

The chanting is irrelevant but happening. No need to deflect or defend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

One person with a Antifa flag waving in the crowd doesn't mean this protest at the gates was organised by them.

The point is that antifa have gotten involved in the protests both in the Us and now uk. Its undeniable.

I didn’t think anyone disputed an Antifa presence; the assertion has been all violence = Antifa.

Brevedar wrote: »
    There is nothing oppressive about a government imposing curfews when there is nationwide riots and looting. It's a reasonable measure.

So were lockdowns during a pandemic and yet people marched and they called it patriotism and a constitutional right. They shoved at police and assaulted a few but nobody was maced or tear gassed or run over with police vehicles. Don’t you wonder why that is?

Overheal wrote:
    All you’ve done since I asked you a simple question is to ask questions back and deflect. Can you not just be honest and tell me why you criticized me for making a good point?
    I asked you first, answer and then ask and I'll respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

You know antifa are no more an organisation than conservatives or feminists, right?

Brian? wrote:
    You watch Biden v Bernie? I ask again.
    I did and it was undoubtedly his best performance by a country mile. One good day out of bunch doesn't hide his issues.

You know antifa are no more an organisation than conservatives or feminists, right?

More of a collective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

What are the chances of Trump declaring martial law in the US thus postponing the election indefinitely?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement