Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Overheal wrote: »

New ad from the Lincoln Project.

Meanwhile #BunkerBitch still hasn’t found his own voice yet. Still relegated to recycling quotes from talking heads who give him his opinions. #Leadership

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1267432507005448192?s=21

It really does take something for Republicans to be putting out ads like that.

Fair play to them. They know he is a cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,813 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No one is going to care. No president wins with civil unrest, death and mass unemployment.
    In normal circumstances they don't but we don't know how Biden is going to look in the debates. If he comes across as forgetful, confused and moody he could lose. If there's no confidence in him he isn't getting votes.
    He is a dysfunctional president and these are the results.
    Agree fully with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,995 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eagle eye wrote: »
    In normal circumstances they don't but we don't know how Biden is going to look in the debates. If he comes across as forgetful, confused and moody he could lose. If there's no confidence in him he isn't getting votes.

Agree fully with this.

The debates at this point can just be asking why was Trump hiding in a bunker retweeting Fox News and sending dogs to attack protesters instead of leading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Igotadose wrote: »
    I'd expect that of President Obama or soon-to-be-coronated President Biden. This guy? You're blowing smoke. Can't even spell.
    Like when Obama said police acted stupidly in arresting a professor, or when he said if 'I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,' or when he suggested the Baltimore police were to blame for the death of a young black man who died while in custody? You know history doesn’t start today, right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

notobtuse wrote: »
    I’d say weighing his options, listening to advisors, seeing what jurisdiction and legalities the federal government must contend with, analyzing the impact and effect of the curfews and national guard, and not rushing to judgement. You know… presidential stuff.

Would these be the same jurisdictions legalities that he has told people he had, he's POTUS after all..

How many times does dumb need to be told?

• Advertisement

Like when Obama said police acted stupidly in arresting a professor, or when he said if 'I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,' or when he suggested the Baltimore police were to blame for the death of a young black man who died while in custody? You know history doesn’t start today, right?

And how many cities burned?

Derp.

It really does take something for Republicans to be putting out ads like that.

Fair play to them. They know he is a cancer.
    Odd how you put so much credibility on a group of 10 , or so, guys. I think those ads only reach democrats and rouge republicans.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

So much for Notobtuse’s “common sense”

The WH has ridiculed the notion of the President of the United States addressing the nation in a moment of crisis.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/kayleigh-mcenany-dismisses-call-for-trump-to-deliver-oval-office-address-a-speech-is-not-going-to-stop-antifa/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,244 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The debates at this point can just be asking why was Trump hiding in a bunker retweeting Fox News and sending dogs to attack protesters instead of leading.

The debates "can be" that, but I do think it will be the aforementioned case of fighting with a pig.

Trump will ignore whatever Biden throws at him, behave like a child, push buttons and wait for Biden to crack up and respond in kind.

If that happens, it does more damage to Biden than Trump. Everyone already knows that Trump is a petulant child. They're looking to Biden for something else.

If Joe calls Trump fatty (or morbidly obese like Pelosi did) and offers him a fist fight he will have taken the bait.

OK that's the extreme example but like I said, that's how he behaved on the campaign trail when challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement

LOL. Dan Rather ... disgraced journalist for pushing a fake story about a president, trying to stay relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

So much for Notobtuse’s “common sense”

The WH has ridiculed the notion of the President of the United States addressing the nation in a moment of crisis.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/kayleigh-mcenany-dismisses-call-for-trump-to-deliver-oval-office-address-a-speech-is-not-going-to-stop-antifa/

This is why true Trump cultists tend to STFU until they get the official line to parrot from the White House, or at least their preferred right wing/far right media. Without fail, whenever they jump the gun and predict what he will do based off what they think he should do... he fails to live up to their expectations.

And one of the first rules of most cults is that the leader needs to basically be infallible, forever exceeding expectations, and never, ever made to look bad or contradicted by his followers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

LOL. Dan Rather ... disgraced journalist for pushing a fake story about a president, trying to stay relevant.

Is he wrong though?

Answer that.

And what high horse of credibility are you on to attack him for that?

Overheal wrote:
    And what high horse of credibility are you on to attack him for that?
    He made a statement of fact about Dan Rather, what's your problem with that?

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Is he wrong though?

Answer that.
    Opinions can be right to some and wrong to others. I'd say he's wrong... as usual when he treads where he doesn't belong.

He made a statement of fact about Dan Rather, what's your problem with that?

I made a fair comment about Notobtuse and his history of repeatedly spewing bunk. What’s your problem with that?

Opinions can be right to some and wrong to others. I'd say he's wrong... as usual when he treads where he doesn't belong.

Why doesn’t he belong? Who are you to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote:
    I made a fair comment about Notobtuse and his history of repeatedly spewing bunk. What’s your problem with that?
    But this comment he made was true so why attack that post?

• Advertisement

I’d say weighing his options, listening to advisors, seeing what jurisdiction and legalities the federal government must contend with, analyzing the impact and effect of the curfews and national guard, and not rushing to judgement. You know… presidential stuff.

Have you heard about the audio of his calls to governors? Do you think that's "presidential" behaviour?

Senator Cotton wants air strikes.

I can’t believe he is running unopposed.

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1267456995017318401?s=21

But this comment he made was true so why attack that post?

The comment I made is true so why attack it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So any sign of the 2nd Amendment militias on the streets to fight against oppressive militarism and curfews?

What was it you recently said about attacking the source?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So any sign of the 2nd Amendment militias on the streets to fight against oppressive militarism and curfews?

Thankfully not from what I’ve heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Unlikely. Those gun toting folk tend not to attack police and businesses.
    This battle is a left teamed with black folk vs police.
    The Patriots won't get involved

Overheal wrote:
    The comment I made is true so why attack it?
    I didn't attack it. I'm asking why you attacked a post which was true?
    I'm sure there are plenty of his posts you could attack but you choose one where he tells the truth and has a good point.
    I just don't understand your reasons for attacking that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nah they’re terrified of black people.

• Advertisement

I didn't attack it. I'm asking why you attacked a post which was true?
    I'm sure there are plenty of his posts you could attack but you choose one where he tells the truth and has a good point.
    I just don't understand your reasons for attacking that post.

I just don’t understand the reasons for you attacking mine, when it seems to offend everything you claim to hold dear with no sense of irony when it comes to criticizing other posts.

A strange hill for you to die on but I am glad to help you wither there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement