Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Deposit put down on my new bike. It’s 30 years old.

8-E43-C540-047-C-4929-939-D-0-D88-A944-D6-C5.png

If it has any starting issues that sounds like a flat battery or a lazy stater its usually the starter clutch/damper. Not the end of the world but it is an engine out job to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Took a good spin this afternoon. Loving this bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Just back from a weekend in Connemara with overlanders.ie. It was great and will be booking with them again. Very refreshing not to be following a sat nav or map all day and just following the leader on a pre planned route. Pace was slower than our usual trips because of the larger group but the roads were so good they were tons of fun anyway and we weren't balls to the wall the whole time so we weren't completely wiped out by the end of the day. Most days were around 200km over 6-8 hours on the road. Scenery was epic every where we went and we visited places we never would have found without a ton of research. Hotels were v good and lunch stops were also good with tea/coffee, scones etc. ready for us. Regular breaks meant no saddle sores. The price was cheaper than organising ourselves too. Looking forward to the next trip already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

one thing i will say.... You should just try driving off in a direction and forget sat nav in general. Ireland is tiny and road signs are a plenty. I dont even have one on the bike. No need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

If it has any starting issues that sounds like a flat battery or a lazy stater its usually the starter clutch/damper. Not the end of the world but it is an engine out job to fix.

Ah for feck sake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

listermint wrote: »
    one thing i will say.... You should just try driving off in a direction and forget sat nav in general. Ireland is tiny and road signs are a plenty. I dont even have one on the bike. No need.

Getting lost is the best way to find places :D

LOL, Sure I do that daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

It's something I started doing the last couple yrs, on a small scale as I've a lot on but I enjoy the fcuk out it. Keeps you sharper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just curious how many people from here will be attending the MBP Fundraiser Bike run this Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/692288711617793

The lads down there are doing some great work, and it's great to see the local MCC's going about to help them out.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Just curious how many people from here will be attending the MBP Fundraiser Bike run this Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/692288711617793

The lads down there are doing some great work, and it's great to see the local MCC's going about to help them out.

I had planned on going to it, circumstances beyond my control means there’s a clash of times between this and something else I have on. Bunny does great work as do the other guys who help out. The Vespa moped/scooter is still going strong following restoration.

Enjoy the hotdogs and ice cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

At least it stopped making noise! :eek:

Screenshot-20200806-171159.jpg

blade1 wrote: »

I'm not seeing it.

That's not your bike is it ?

zubair wrote: »
    I'm not seeing it.

Ah come on........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ah come on........

Think it's an old pic that's done the rounds. Looks to be Photoshopped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Far too dirty to be blade1's bike

That's not your bike is it ?
    Who needs wheel spacers!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

GBX wrote: »
    Think it's an old pic that's done the rounds. Looks to be Photoshopped

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it isn't.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Relatively quick question here lads. Grips on my bike are coming a bit loose and starting to slide, any recommendations for glue to replace them and the best way to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Relatively quick question here lads. Grips on my bike are coming a bit loose and starting to slide, any recommendations for glue to replace them and the best way to do it?

I wired mine something similar to this, just need soft wire and a vice grips

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

You can take them off and clean the bars. Spray the grips inside with hairspray and slick them back on. Or you can buy bar grip glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I've just spotted some fluid below the head gasket, bikes a f800r, there's a very faint smell of it, not taste but definitely oily/greasy, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what's up, will try and post a photo if I can get better network

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

hairyslug wrote: »

Looks like rocker cover gasket.
    Not too bad if so.
    Clean it off and keep an eye on it to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sounds like coolant,

Does it look like this?

DnZ67Tql.jpg

There's a thread here :

https://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/288385-F800R-Coolant-Leak

Looks like rocker cover gasket.
    Not too bad if so.
    Clean it off and keep an eye on it to make sure.

Cheers, have another 600km of the wild Atlantic way to get through so hopefully it'll last

Sounds like coolant,

Does it look like this?

DnZ67Tql.jpg

There's a thread here :

https://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/288385-F800R-Coolant-Leak

Thanks, that side of the case is clean, no sign of any white crap on either side

I’ve been offered a deal in exchange for my DL650, it’s for an identical GPZ to the one pictured, to say I’m seriously considering it would be an understatement.

2-D4-C3-C61-474-D-4-A4-C-9-EEF-6369-B6556502.jpg

The DL has been the least used if the bikes I have, so I’m thinking of letting it go, the bike seems good and I’m getting what I believe to be a good deal. I like the older bikes if I’m honest.

All opinions welcome.

• Advertisement

Dl650 very saleable yoke. What would yours sell at realistically and likewise the gpz?

Advertisement