Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

From the configurator:

Cash Price € 67,131
    Includes VAT of approx. € 12,429
    Includes destination and documentation fee of € 980
    Includes Vehicle Registration Tax of € 5,661
    Includes SEAI grant of - € 5,000

Likely related to last night's software update; apparently it brings the 0-100 down to 2.9s!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The price yesterday was €68,061.40 after the 5k VRT discount. That €68,061.40 price doesn't include the €5k SEAI grant.
    The price today is €67,131 before the SEAI Grant, it looks like a typo as they haven't knocked off the 5k Vrt off the consumer price. If you click on business price you'll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

jarrieta wrote: »
    Performance, started with 93%, very cold and strong winds, I just charged twice, one in Ionity Athlone and one in Ballacolla, if I had had destination charging in Galway I wouldn't have needed to charge. Unfortunately with this cold and wind the consumption at 120km/h is crazy high, also I can notice that the HVAC consumes a lot of energy compared with any other ev

You wouldn't happen to have the Wh/km consumption for that 300km trip by any chance?

I'd be very interested to know how those conditions affected consumption.It's a trip i'd do regularly but the only reference i've got for consumption is Mr Nylands Youtube videos and playing around with the settings in abetterrouteplanner :)

sln852 wrote: »
    I'd be very interested to know how those conditions affected consumption.It's a trip i'd do regularly but the only reference i've got for consumption

It looks well under Tesla's quoted figure of 530km
    It took 40% of the battery to do 144km
    That gives a real word range or 360km
    I'm pretty shocked at how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

The Tesla site is definitely showing higher prices and states they include the 5k SEAI grant.

I was looking at a P with FSD yesterday and it was about 72 or 73 and today it's almost 76.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

True but that 530km (WLTP )is best case scenario in ideal conditions.

Cold weather, headwinds and HVAC are going to have a big effect on that range.

I posted a video a while back of Bjorn testing in what seemed like typical Irish winter weather conditions and he got a 204 Wh/km consumption for the trip that he made from what i remember.

The range he achieved was well below the advertised WLTP range but that 204 Wh/km consumption looked very good from what i've seen elsewhere on YouTube and from other reviews i've seen in cold weather conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

sln852 wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to have the Wh/km consumption for that 300km trip by any chance?

I'd be very interested to know how those conditions affected consumption.It's a trip i'd do regularly but the only reference i've got for consumption is Mr Nylands Youtube videos and playing around with the settings in abetterrouteplanner :)

I have them with TeslaFi, I wish I knew how to create a table in here

Bray - Ionity Athlone 137.81km - 104km/h - 219Wh/km
    Ionity Athlone - Galway 99.67km - 57km/h - 238 Wh/km
    Galway - Ballacola SC 154.9km - 71km/h - 182 Wh/km
    Ballacolla SC - Electric Autos 77.89km - 106km/h - 206 Wh/km
    Electric Autos - Bray 59.12km - 48km/h - 196 Wh/km

Hope that helps, From Bray to Athlone it was 3C and crazy strong winds, also huge congestion when arriving to Galway, heating working very hard I'd say
    Today, from Galway to Bray 7-8C, high winds too but less crazy, huge congestion in the M50 and also in the N7 from newlands cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

360km at motorway speed?

That's pretty good no?

Especially from a 500bhp beast :)

That's more than I thought you would get from a 73kWh battery on a cold november day at motorway speed, some efficency as a 100kWh Model S is no bettter

73kWh is a huge battery in terms of weight, but's it not alot of energy

It's like having 25 litres of diesel ( 1/3 of a tank ) in a 3.0 diesel A5 or something

Mike9832 wrote: »
    360km at motorway speed?

That's pretty good no?

Especially from a 500bhp beast :)

That's more than I thought you would get from a 73kWh battery on a cold november day at motorway speed, some efficency as a 100kWh Model S is no bettter

73kWh is a huge battery in terms of weight, but's it not alot of energy

It's like having 25 litres of diesel ( 1/3 of a tank ) in a 3.0 diesel A5 or something

Posted above but I would say that in a cold breezy day with headwind and heating the range of my car would be around 300km, useable range 230km (10-80)

So 73k for a stress free range of 230km?

• Advertisement

I would say so, at 120km/h with 60-80km/h headwind and 0-4C I believe it to be accurate, the issue is the lack of chargers, otherwise, 20 min stop and back on the road again with another 230km range.

Posted above but I would say that in a cold breezy day with headwind and heating the range of my car would be around 300km, useable range 230km (10-80)

Wind, cold, speed are a killer alright

300km in those conditions seem spot on

True on the useable range, that's a good way of looking at it, no one likes to drive with low fuel light and after 80% charge speed is awful

230km is no bother if Tesla had more superchargers here, that's Galway - Dublin, Limerick - Dublin etc

Wind, cold, speed are a killer alright

300km in those conditions seem spot on

True on the useable range, that's a good way of looking at it, no one likes to drive with low fuel light and after 80% charge speed is awful

230km is no bother if Tesla had more superchargers here, that's Galway - Dublin, Limerick - Dublin etc

As a clarification the car was charging over 60kW at 80% with the battery preconditioned, I'd wish we could precondition the battery when navigating to an Ionity charger, but compared with 120kW at 50% it is slow indeed

It's not all bad, it does have supercar performance

Someone could have forked out 40k for a Kia/Hyundai with free range of 160km in those conditions and they'll be waiting 50 mins to charge

As a clarification the car was charging over 60kW at 80% with the battery preconditioned, I'd wish we could precondition the battery when navigating to an Ionity charger, but compared with 120kW at 50% it is slow indeed

60kW at 80% is not bad at all, thought it would be much lower as Tesla have the reputation of tapering off at very low soc, most other EV's aint getting 60kW as max speed lol

How long did it take to get to 80% on Ionity?

60kW at 80% is not bad at all, thought it would be much lower as Tesla have the reputation of tapering off at very low soc, most other EV's aint getting 60kW as max speed lol

How long did it take to get to 80% on Ionity?

It was very slow on Ionity, I would say because a cold battery, from 50% to 89% it took 20 minutes, never above 85kW

It was very slow on Ionity, I would say because a cold battery, from 50% to 89% it took 20 minutes, never above 85kW

That still isn't bad for high soc with a cold battery.

It was an experience anyway

Must be some difference driving that to your 520D, a 300bhp difference :)

Did you have anything like 500bhp cars before or is this your first supercar?

I can't even imagine how it accelerates, see with the latest update it does 0-60mph in 2.9 secs

Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes did 0-60 in 2.8 secs at last weekends grand prix

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I can't even imagine how it accelerates, see with the latest update it does 0-60mph in 2.9 secs

Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes did 0-60 in 2.8 secs at last weekends grand prix

The Tesla would be a lot quicker away from the line! And imagine if it had slicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The usable range isn't 10-80%. That's the typical max distance between public charging stops.

If you're starting a long day from your house you can just charge to nearer 100% and the slowness won't be an issue as long as you have an hour or so notice.

The folks that have been doing the cold runs to check the range, have you tried only using the seat heater or seat heater + lower air heater?

Or is that not enough heat to be comfortable?

I manage -2 on a bike with the seat and grip heaters on - admittedly wearing proper gear, but I don't have a cabin either. ;)

Just wondering if the difference would be substantial or not worth the reduced comfort. Seat heat + thick socks, jumper and (driving) gloves could be worth the hassle for e.g. 25 - 50km more range if needed for a trip? If it's only another 5 or 10, probably not.

@lumen, and you can now set your departure time/desired SoC and the car will work things out so you have a warmed battery & cabin as you leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Going thru this thread now...
    2 q's

1 why does the online m3 price at configurator show the vrt as an add on price? Is there not the 5k rebate anymore for personal purchase?

2 has anyone ordered a standard car lately? What is the lead time, you garaunteed a 201 plate now?

Also would love a referral link please!

I think it shows the VRT remaining after the rebate?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Can't get into my tesla account today - click the 'manage' button on the Model 3 reservation and it times out.

This something to do with the price changes or a sign that I'm getting vin matched?

waiting on a P3D grey, business purchase.

refused awd lr+ in October and was told no performance until 2020, but I see their site now says December for performance deliveries (lol i know, but clutching at straws now)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

bdogg wrote: »
    Can't get into my tesla account today - click the 'manage' button on the Model 3 reservation and it times out.
    Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Heres our referral if anyone ordering. Good luck.

www.tesla.com/en_IE/referral/anne59899

This something to do with the price changes or a sign that I'm getting vin matched?

waiting on a P3D grey, business purchase.

refused awd lr+ in October and was told no performance until 2020, but I see their site now says December for performance deliveries (lol i know, but clutching at straws now)

I was told performance in February, could be a push to get Tesla numbers up for the end of the quarter so they could be trying to get as many out the door as possible by end of the year.
    I can't get into manage page either but need to as changed my mind about getting the performance version. Even if it was ready tomorrow I wouldn't take it until January anyway, it's way too late in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Judging by the number of ships en route to Europe, I would hope for plenty more deliveries in January. A lot of uk orders are being told mid-December delivery for cars on current ships, so that would tie in nicely for some early Jan deliveries here.

Trust me it’s worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

bf wrote: »
    Judging by the number of ships en route to Europe, I would hope for plenty more deliveries in January. A lot of uk orders are being told mid-December delivery for cars on current ships, so that would tie in nicely for some early Jan deliveries here.

Trust me it’s worth the wait!

Blew the deposit on my tax return, actually considering cooking meth Walter White style to fund this emotional purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Same for me also, however I can click into my Model S page. So the issue is related to Model 3 activity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jusmeig wrote: »
    Blew the deposit on my tax return, actually considering cooking meth Walter White style to fund this emotional purchase.

You need a partner?
    I have the masks and hazmat suits!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement