Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

kceire wrote: »
    You need a partner?
    I have the masks and hazmat suits!!

Lol, At this point, new thread or PMs!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Mines locked out (blank page) too. Given the talk about uncorking LR AWDs to P, one would think P- could possibly be delivered? i.e. they ship a load of LR AWD and if someone has ordered (or now wants one, "off book") a P-, they just uncork it?

<me clutching at straws>

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Any update on whether more Model 3s were registered yesterday? 43 in a month seems like a lot to me (given the previous months).

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

My guess is all the last minute business grants have come through but just speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Shane119

Can anybody explain why the prices have shot up in the last couple of days? The M3 P red/white is now over €70k. Im pretty sure last time I checked it was just over €66k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Anyone received a white interior M3 yet - or seen one for delivery in Sandyford fore that matter? I feel like us white interior folk may have been left behind :confused:

And...are the external noise makers on the cars delivered you lucky people who have one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

teslad wrote: »
    Anyone received a white interior M3 yet - or seen one for delivery in Sandyford fore that matter? I feel like us white interior folk may have been left behind :confused:

And...are the external noise makers on the cars delivered you lucky people who have one?!

I'm due to get my white interior this coming Fri....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are the 19inch rims an option here, there not on the website but some of the UK cars have them.

Screenshot-20191116-171320.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Mike9832 wrote: »
    That still isn't bad for high soc with a cold battery.

It was an experience anyway

Must be some difference driving that to your 520D, a 300bhp difference :)

Did you have anything like 500bhp cars before or is this your first supercar?

I can't even imagine how it accelerates, see with the latest update it does 0-60mph in 2.9 secs

Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes did 0-60 in 2.8 secs at last weekends grand prix

The difference is out of this world, not difficult as the 520D is a really bad car for me, worst car I've ever had, it was a one trick pony, only decent for motorway driving.

I've never had ultra powerful cars, the most powerful was an Audi TTS with 275BHP, that was a great car and very fast, put it on the track a few times. Anyway I am not a fan of very powerful cars but of nimble light cars as elise or exige. I had a toyota MRS and also one of the best cars I've had, really fun to drive with only 140BHP.

Time will tell how the tesla behaves, I don't think it will go that well but for me it is a good compromise in fun/performance/practicality/running costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got my SR+ black on black today.
    They had 6 or so that they were giving to customers.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. It's amazing.
    Great to get out myself and give it a proper drive.
    Charging at the house now on my ZappiV2.

Suddenly I have a lot of friends and family now, all texting asking for a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Can get back into my manage page again and the cursed edit design has returned like a bad mother in law

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

I got the business grant on mine .Its an amazing car in every way and it has some poke ,I brought the kids out for a spin today and accelerated on a few long stretches ,they said the acceleration was better than the cuchulainn roller coaster in Tayto park …!

jimmyging wrote: »
    I got the business grant on mine

Would you expand on that a little? Grant? VRT?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Would you expand on that a little? Grant? VRT?

€3,800 SEAI grant for business purchase of an EV. This grant is gone now. jimmyging got it just in time :cool:

The equivalent SEAI grant for buying privately of €5,000 is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

eddhorse wrote: »
    Got my SR+ black on black today.
    They had 6 or so that they were giving to customers.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. It's amazing.
    Great to get out myself and give it a proper drive.
    Charging at the house now on my ZappiV2.

Suddenly I have a lot of friends and family now, all texting asking for a spin.

Any sign of a blue performance stealth up there today, my pick up is next week

jordan191 wrote: »
    Any sign of a blue performance stealth up there today, my pick up is next week

Private or business? I'm waiting on a grey one.

Maybe I can drop over and take a look (and really upset myself no doubt).

EVGuy wrote: »
    Private or business? I'm waiting on a grey one.

Maybe I can drop over and take a look (and really upset myself no doubt).

Business order P- blue/ black interior with aeros only 4 more sleeps not excited at all

Business order

I'd say most orders here are company purchases if not there sole traders.

I do get a little concerned when people start talking about pcp/finance. I've a feeling not everyone here has copped that the majority of us are company directors/business owners that won't be financing the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I do get a little concerned when people start talking about pcp/finance. I've a feeling not everyone here has copped that the majority of us are company directors/business owners that won't be financing the car.
    Your concern for the lumpenproletariat is duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Big time. I’m in a reasonably well paying household (2 earner, one car) and we can no way afford this car. It’s either the car or the crèche!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Big time. I’m in a reasonably well paying household (2 earner, one car) and we can no way afford this car. It’s either the car or the crèche!

Why pay Crèche fees when you’ll now have have access to “Dog Mode”?

Business order P- blue/ black interior with aeros only 4 more sleeps not excited at all

;)

Lucky you. Did you have a reservation?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

How will BIK be charged after the exemption date if I purchase a performance M3 in 2020.

Will i continue to pay BIK on the OMV over 50K (20K approx)
    Or
    Will i pay BIK on the full OMV (70K approx)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Some of us are also wage slaves who have been saving hard for three plus years to buy this car. We will not be able to write it off against tax. In addition following the budget we have been pushed to the back of the queue- that at least will allow more saving and less borrowing.

How will BIK be charged after the exemption date if I purchase a performance M3 in 2020.

Will i continue to pay BIK on the OMV over 50K (20K approx)
    Or
    Will i pay BIK on the full OMV (70K approx)

It'll be 23k on the performance and 15k on the long range. Long range got a power boost as well as the performance, down to 4.4 seconds 0-60, hard to justify the performance if your not going on a track.

EVGuy wrote: »
    ;)

Lucky you. Did you have a reservation?

No, I ordered on the 4th June I think, order no. 120

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

mouthful wrote: »
    Some of us are also wage slaves who have been saving hard for three plus years to buy this car. We will not be able to write it off against tax. In addition following the budget we have been pushed to the back of the queue- that at least will allow more saving and less borrowing.

For the love of good don't purchase this car are you insane. Clearly from what you are saying you can't afford the car, keep your money in savings or invest it and make the money work for you and your family if you have one. Don't buy a depreciating asset just for the sake of it crazy financial decision. If you are as you say a wage slave this you cant afford if you are desperate for an electric car buy a second-hand EV like a leaf.

hard to justify the performance if your not going on a track.

Or come from high-performance motorcycles. ;)
    No, I ordered on the 4th June I think, order no. 120

At least your order # is a little before mine. It's quite close, so maybe mine will arrive soon too?
    TCP/IP wrote: »
    For the love of good don't purchase this car are you insane. Clearly from what you are saying you can't afford the car, keep your money in savings or invest it and make the money work for you and your family if you have one. Don't buy a depreciating asset just for the sake of it crazy financial decision. If you are as you say a wage slave this you cant afford if you are desperate for an electric car buy a second-hand EV like a leaf.

Not this again? There is also a case of "YOLO" and maybe people could be near retirement age, have a health issue, be passionate about driving, expecting an inheritence and all sorts of factors that make the car worth it to them, even if it "stretches" the finances.

I had a close friend die suddenly a couple of years back, mid-forties. His savings did nothing for him. That kind of gives one a new perspective.

I've had a bit of money in savings for 10-15 years, it's doing nothing for me, the interest is non-existant these days, "investing" is risky. So if I put it into something that gives me and herslef some joy, makes my commute easier and could potentially give me an income via robotaxi (even if it's in 10 years time) and that I can always sell if an emergency (with a loss probably, bit it might not be much if the prices keep rising) comes up, what's the issue? Some of us are actually really good at managing our finances (hence having savings/deposit money).

Anyway, this is a bit O/T for this thread. So lets just drop it and assume M3 buyers are adults that can manage their own finances/priorities/lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

TCP/IP wrote: »

Well said

Part of the problem is some of the advice here, especially buying brand new

Make it sound so simple

You'll spare €50 a week in diesel, you've no maintenance etc etc

All true if you buy an old Nissan Leaf for 5k cash,which is not going to depreciate much more and hope to god no expensive repair like the inverter, pm motor failing etc

Anyone buying brand new can forget about that, market is maturing and 50% depreciation in 3 years is going to be a reality

A Tesla Model 3 for €50,000 is going to be an expensive purchase over 3 years

€160 a week in depreciation
    €20 a week alone in interest rate

You'd need to be doing some amount of driving to make that work

• Advertisement

Or getting the likely "some amount of enjoyment" from it?

This is not a market segment/thread for a "cheap run-around" vehicle. Some of us have one of those as well (commuter bike).

Also, with the features + updates, depreciation may be either less or irrelvant as you might keep the car for 20+ years (could be dead by then) and potentially get a future income from it that would pay for a new one etc.

It's also an investment in a company that is changing the vehicle landscape for the better. Functionally and environmentally.

There are also "priorities". You could save 20/week by cutting out that take-away you like (if you would get more fun from the car).

Some people e.g. smoke and spend that 160 in a week - a model 3 for the same money could be win-win.

Lots of examples as to how someone could change their lifestyle if they really want to get an M3.

Maybe one of your kids moves out? I'm sure there are many more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement