Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Any Model 3 owners having issues with the auto headlights?
    I was getting a lot of people flashing me as if my heads were on or the dims are too high, no settings though it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

eddhorse wrote: »
    I was getting a lot of people flashing me as if my heads were on or the dims are too high, no settings though it seems.

I've seen that issue reported elsewhere. There should be an 'Adjust Headlights' option under the Service menu but it's not a DIY option. Need a technician and an external sensor to adjust them right.

Here's Bjørn getting it done (well doing it himself along with the technician)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi-ggN-NoP0

They might be able to do that in the SC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Had the same problem in Germany, every single car that passed flashed, it was unnerving...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kilboor wrote: »
    Had the same problem in Germany, every single car that passed flashed, it was unnerving...

That's because your using right hand drive lights in left hand drive countries. I'd assume there's a way to switch them from right to left hand for traveling in Europe. I think the Tesla should do it automatically once your connected to the internet in a foreign country. Obviously didn't.

Thanks for the replies, will flag it with them, bit of a pain.
    First long trip today and on way back in the dark.
    So weird as the steering wheel is pitch black without any instruments behind it.
    Autopilot also seems to freak out when on motorway just at a slip road, that extra line confuses it.
    All in the learning curve I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Regarding all the "are you crazy buying this car" stuff earlier, it depends on ones financial situation. Walk into BMW and you won't get much change out of 50k for an m-sport 3 series.
    The model 3 is almost the same price in Ireland as the UK, that's unheard of. It's actually good value for money IMO.
    Then there is the BIK thing for small company directors(like me) i'm in a position where I can pay myself a smaller wage and with the remainder of my monthly gross salary save a pretty big slice of money, and not give big loads of money to the tax man.

Yes there is depreciation, but every car depreciates.(i'd beat the model 3 will be worth more than the 201 BMW-m sport in 3 years time)

If you can effort it ( with some short time sacrifices) then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Autopilot also seems to freak out when on motorway just at a slip road, that extra line confuses it.

There's a workaround. Just drive in the overtaking lane at 140km/h, problem sorted :D

Just make sure that you monitor the traffic behind you and that in the unlikely event someone wants to overtake you, you temporarily switch back to the driving land. I have to do same in Ioniq for the same reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    Regarding all the "are you crazy buying this car" stuff earlier, it depends on ones financial situation. Walk into BMW and you won't get much change out of 50k for an m-sport 3 series.
    The model 3 is almost the same price in Ireland as the UK, that's unheard of. It's actually good value for money IMO.
    Then there is the BIK thing for small company directors(like me) i'm in a position where I can pay myself a smaller wage and with the remainder of my monthly gross salary save a pretty big slice of money, and not give big loads of money to the tax man.

Yes there is depreciation, but every car depreciates.(i'd beat the model 3 will be worth more than the 201 BMW-m sport in 3 years time)

If you can effort it ( with some short time sacrifices) then go for it.

It doesn’t matter about being crazy to buy it, affording it, BIK or depreciation. The main thing is that if you decide to go ahead and purchase the car use my referral code!

Https://ts.la/jim97710

I will need the 1500km supercharging. I’m only days away from collecting my car and its not possible for me to charge at home yet!

Regarding the best color combo, mines an SR+,grey with black interior. Had a Black SR+ for the weekend and it looked stunning but only for the first 10minutes or so!

unkel wrote: »
    There's a workaround. Just drive in the overtaking lane at 140km/h, problem sorted :D

Just make sure that you monitor the traffic behind you and that in the unlikely event someone wants to overtake you, you temporarily switch back to the driving land. I have to do same in Ioniq for the same reason...

Thanks Unkel, sounds like a plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You have been most patient, eddhorse, waiting for your car. I'm almost as delighted as you are that you finally got your Tesla. Well wear :)

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    You have been most patient, eddhorse, waiting for your car. I'm almost as delighted as you are that you finally got your Tesla. Well wear :)

Thanks, ordered june 22nd as business customer so didnt have to be as patient as personal buyers.
    Its definitely changing peoples opinion, everyone that gets in are now interested in electric cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I will leave this video of the moose test with the LR AWD, it is in spanish but it has subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9to5t-rMZ2w

As a comparison the test on the Kona (quite a difference)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6skvzdSAyGY

You can find all the moose tests in that website in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrt8jdAATECUSFXiGsyO5pW_Nqqgnh3rH

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

All in the learning curve I guess.

It may be worth submitting a bug report when you see things like that, just hit the voice button and say "bug report", state what happened and send it (I think, I don't have a car to verify).

The more submissions they get, the quicker it might get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

EVGuy wrote: »
    It may be worth submitting a bug report when you see things like that, just hit the voice button and say "bug report", state what happened and send it (I think, I don't have a car to verify).

The more submissions they get, the quicker it might get fixed.

My S with AP1 reacts the exact same way and AP1 is currently more stable (or so they say). Sounds like it's working as intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Picking up my LR blue / white Thursday, reservation June 2017, order 109, business.

What order numbers are people who ordered recently seeing? It's the last numbers in your invoice number 4075A0000000XXX (note the number will include some cancellations so not 100%).

Is the model 3 going to be the most sold car in November? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Odauto wrote: »

I will need the 1500km supercharging. I’m only days away from collecting my car and its not possible for me to charge at home yet!

what type/make/KW of home charger are you installing? and why the delay in getting it installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That's an attractive hook for someone currently driving a fossil. For an EV longtime looking to upgrade, it's still a big jump.
    Dont question my man maths :D:D:D

what type/make/KW of home charger are you installing? and why the delay in getting it installed?

I see Tesla brought out a portable one can't see it on the Irish website though. Might be handy as I've been told it's 30hrs + to charge the car on a normal 3 pin plug. https://cleantechnica.com/2019/01/16/new-tesla-home-charging-station-offers-faster-charging-plus-you-can-take-it-with-you/
    Not sure how long it takes to charge overnight at home but very hand if going away for the weekend.

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    My S with AP1 reacts the exact same way and AP1 is currently more stable (or so they say). Sounds like it's working as intended.

If the driver feels nervous due to some car behaviour, it should be reported, even if it's "working as intended".

As an example, the moving over in-lane when passing lorries is not great with European narrow lanes and can cause scary moments, so it maybe needs to be adjusted depending on lane width, or an option to turn it off.

I'm sure there are other examples. If it's reported, it can be analysed and maybe improved, if people leave well alone, it may not change and remain bothersome.

https://youtu.be/GYTQmvcRvKU?t=373

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

Delay is my own fault. I only have on street parking. Originally thought I would get away with charging at work and the occasionally and the superchargers (10 minutes away). I wouldn't generally do more than 100km a week but could do up to 500km a week. Problem is work chargers are not in yet and after having a model 3 SR+ a few weekends ago I realised I would need more options for charging. I intended to have a charger in the shed and asked the business premises beside my house if I could get access to my shed via their car park. They said no. I asked another business across the road if I could user their carpark and install a charger. They said no. Finally a business about 250m away from my house has agreed to allow me use their carpark and install a 32amp outdoor socket. Bit of an ordeal but think I'm sorted now. I'm going to just use the charger that comes with the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

jarrieta wrote: »
    I will leave this video of the moose test with the LR AWD, it is in spanish but it has subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9to5t-rMZ2w

As a comparison the test on the Kona (quite a difference)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6skvzdSAyGY

You can find all the moose tests in that website in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrt8jdAATECUSFXiGsyO5pW_Nqqgnh3rH

Synthetic moose test? How about a duck test, with real ducks. On Autopilot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How about pedestrians?

The overall results and incomprehensibly poor result of the Tesla Model 3, in particular, was presented in an excellent video by The Tech of Tech:
    https://insideevs.com/news/377427/video-tesla-model-3-failed-aaa-test/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Lumen wrote: »
    Synthetic moose test? How about a duck test, with real ducks. On Autopilot. :D

Nothing to suggest it was on autopilot from viewing that?

The front facing radar would not see them.
    The ultrasonic sensors would only see them but at really close range.
    So I guess they might have programed in avoidance if its safe to do so...for ducks. Very impressed if this is the case! If other lane had an oncoming car...

The person who posted it said on Twitter that it was on AP IIRC.

It also says it is in the description.

Could they be lying? Yes. Are they though?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

My summary of what it was like after 3 weeks of having tesla model 3 performance

1. Delivery on Oct 25th. Great delivery experience ! Noted few issues. I was told that it will be sorted in near future

2. Driving performance - fantastic. Contrary to my concerns - didn't find any issues with 20 inch wheels . I drive mostly on m50. Once went through the city and must admit felt the bumps a good bit. For my routine driving the handling is fantastic.

3.On road range 280-290 km on 90% charge. 200-210 wh/km - car on sports mode

4. Booked for service after 10 days of taking delivery. Sandyford guys were very professional and helpful. the process of handing the car and getting replacement car took less than 10 minutes.

5.I was given LR model 3 dual motor as replacement. Drove it for 2 days. Couldn't wait to get back to my car. it was great but the difference between the two is very real and one can experience in day to day driving (not just on tracks). Will go for performance again without hesitation. So for people choosing between LR vs Performance i will strongly recommend Per.. no doubt

6. Collected the car in 2 days. All issues addressed. Fantastic customer care and support.

Kicha wrote: »
    5.I was given LR model 3 dual motor as replacement. Drove it for 2 days. Couldn't wait to get back to my car. it was great but the difference between the two is very real and one can experience in day to day driving (not just on tracks). Will go for performance again without hesitation. So for people choosing between LR vs Performance i will strongly recommend Per.. no doubt

What difference are you seeing, handling would be obviously better as the performance is lowered and riding on 20inch wheels.
    Drivability though, with the power upgrade the long range just got that puts less than a second in the 0-60 time of the performance before that also got the upgrade. Where you seeing the major difference especially one that's worth 8k?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

At what point did people who already have their cars hear from Tesla? I've a delivery appointment scheduled for next Wednesday and still haven't heard a word from them since I sent them the seai forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

What difference are you seeing, handling would be obviously better as the performance is lowered and riding on 20inch wheels.
    Drivability though, with the power upgrade the long range just got that puts less than a second in the 0-60 time of the performance before that also got the upgrade. Where you seeing the major difference especially one that's worth 8k?

Is the difference 8k? Performance upgrade is 6.5k more than LR I thought.
    Anyway, I felt there was a big difference between The two..LR Drives great but felt less punchy than per..but again it's individual perception...
    My recommendation is to test drive them if you are not sure to see if you need it yourself..

Yea it's that big of a gap I'm looking at business pricing it's
    € 72,131 vs € 64,573 (€7558)
    Just trying to figure out where the long range is loosing all the power when driving that makes the performance worth the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Check your telsa account, I'm collecting on Wednesday & completed the transfer today in order to get your reg plate, give them a call in sandyford

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement