Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Reag wrote: »
    No PCP. Straight loan with AIB is only Tesla option.

That's annoying, Tesla UK do PCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Two thoughts:

1. 'Apollo' you copying MKBHD?

2. The mirror tag is '81' - I wonder if this is the number of Model3's they've delivered to date? (cumulative end Aug: 0, end Sept: 13, end Oct: 36, end Nov: ?? )

Apollo because it feels like a spaceship and it's white!

I think "81" just mapped to the key box.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

I was off on Tuesday so took the M3P out for a 30 mins test drive. I had driven it briefly last year in New York with a Tesla employee. The test drive reassured me that it’s the performance version that I want. That power! Not sure if the car had the latest update to give the extra 5% or not. I ordered the car back in October after cancelling my 2 year deposit when the pricing first came out in May. I accepted the Tesla trade in value which had gone up in value after a valuation they gave me in June. Issue now is the trade in offer expires in mid January by then I’m sure the car won’t be here. Tesla seem to be strict on the 3 months and they’ll revalue then which would probably mean less value for my trade in. I’m thinking of submitting another trade in valuation before year end but if there was a big variance it would problem be a deal breaker for me. My car is on done deal but very little to no interest currently. I asked Tesla could I trade the car while waiting on delivery but that’s a non runner.

I’m renting the standard range plus from UFO drive tomorrow. Will be interesting to analyse the difference between the P. Does UFO supply an Ionity card?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

CFC007 wrote: »
    Does UFO supply an Ionity card?
    Don't think so. I just used the Ionity app.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

The Model 3 has regained a US Consumer Reports recommendation because of improved reliability based on their annual reliability survey of current owners.

"The Model 3 is now the fifth most reliable out of 12 luxury compact cars in CR’s ratings of predicted new-car reliability, just below the Audi A3 and above the Acura TLX and Mercedes-Benz C-Class."

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/tesla-model-3-model-s-regain-consumer-reports-recommendation/

Model S has also regained a recommendation from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

RedorDead wrote: »
    Model 3 top selling car in the Irish market at half way point in November with 27 units way ahead of skoda Kamiq in 2nd place with 16 units. Model 3 up to 63 units year to date. Great end to the year. 17 of the 27 are business registrations.

Another 16 Model 3 registered yesterday :eek: Up to 43 units for month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Any breakdown by model, standard, performance, colour etc?

Only get that detail on the 10 day intervals so will have something on Thursday next for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I've not needed to charge the car much, but had it plugged in overnight from the house on one evening to test. Slow, but all good so far. On Monday I have the electrician coming to install the Wall Charger to the side of the house which'll be great. But to give it a bash, I tried the nearby eCars charger. Made a few friends who weren't EV nerds by any means but super interested in the Model3. Wife & I will probably roadtrip to the Supercharger, just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I've not needed to charge the car much, but had it plugged in overnight from the house on one evening to test. Slow, but all good so far. On Monday I have the electrician coming to install the Wall Charger to the side of the house which'll be great. But to give it a bash, I tried the nearby eCars charger. Made a few friends who weren't EV nerds by any means but super interested in the Model3. Wife & I will probably roadtrip to the Supercharger, just for the craic.
    From a safety perspective, the Tesla has the best located charging port. Reversing in is always the safest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Right, damn you all I'm tempted now.

Sorry but can someone save me trawling the thread, are Tesla offering PCP? I can only see it on the UK site, not Irish.

What kind of deals, finance options are people getting?

I'm still leaning towards either keeping the i3 for another year, or trying to source an e-Niro. But I do love the Tesla. The sexy factor over the Kia is substantial.
    No PCP so far in Ireland. Available for the S and X but not the 3.
    Tesla finance works out at 1k a month for the m3p (depending on deposit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Wall charger going in on Monday, car arriving Wed (all going well). Electrician expressed a concern when charging and if someone uses electric shower at the same time. He's getting in contact with Tesla to see if he needs to add some additional piece that will stop this. I've heard this happen before so worth just keeping an eye out for it. That said I intend doing all my charging overnight.

Anyone else have issue with home charging and electric shower and what the solution is?

Hartunion wrote: »
    Wall charger going in on Monday, car arriving Wed (all going well). Electrician expressed a concern when charging and if someone uses electric shower at the same time. He's getting in contact with Tesla to see if he needs to add some additional piece that will stop this. I've heard this happen before so worth just keeping an eye out for it. That said I intend doing all my charging overnight.

Anyone else have issue with home charging and electric shower and what the solution is?
    Yep, need a priority switch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Screenshot-20191115-095514.jpg

Just to confirm when your working out the BIK in the example above it's €14573 is the bik taxable amount so if your doing 15/20k it's €189 is your monthly BIK payment?
    The liability on the performance is €22131 so monthly BIK of €288 per month.

What's the price you actually pay to Tesla? For calculating BIK should delivery and document fee be included?

What you pay to Tesla is the purchase price on the invoice, it will appear in your My Tesla account

ELM327 wrote: »
    What you pay to Tesla is the purchase price on the invoice, it will appear in your My Tesla account

So that price above doesn't include the 5k vrt back?, do you know about the deliver charge it's hardly part of the bik calculation so my figure is wrong above the monthly BIK is actually €177.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ted1 wrote: »
    From a safety perspective, the Tesla has the best located charging port. Reversing in is always the safest option.

Hadn't really considered that tbh. I just thought the front-charging looked silly.

Your electrician needs to be certified for the kind of work required, so really should already know the gig (my guy knew instantly). You'll need a priority switch, which will turn power to the charger off when it's charging if your power shower turns on.

So that price above doesn't include the 5k vrt back?, do you know about the deliver charge it's hardly part of the bik calculation so my figure is wrong above the monthly BIK is actually €177.

Sorry I don't know specifics about the BIK, I wouldnt like to answer in case I'm wrong :D

I think the price at the end is inclusive of the VRT back. Set the fuel savings to 0 and you'll get the end price. As I say, it will appear in your account anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

One to watch out for is the delivery charge is not always included in the web price (980), although it seems to say it is if you get a quote at the moment. The grants and BIK reduction are usually already included, the wording is a bit "unclear" on some of my documentation.

It's clear as mud. I thought there was a smaller price difference between the long range and performance but looking at the purchase price (which is the price you pay bik on) it's over 8k (64k vs 73k). Someone prove me wrong please..

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

It's clear as mud. I thought there was a smaller price difference between the long range and performance but looking at the purchase price (which is the price you pay bik on) it's over 8k (64k vs 73k). Someone prove me wrong please..

The difference in purchase price between LR €59,970 and P €67,131 is €7,161 I think having looked today. The price of the P is a bit weird on the site though as I have notes made that it's price was €61,990 on it last month. - Both the basic models without any upgrades. The price of the LR is also up by €1,000 it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    The difference in purchase price between LR €59,970 and P €67,131 is €7,161 I think having looked today. The price of the P is a bit weird on the site though as I have notes made that it's price was €61,990 on it last month. - Both the basic models without any upgrades. The price of the LR is also up by €1,000 it seems.

Yeah you're right it was €61,990 / £49,140 for the performance back in August from the note i made of it when comparing prices.

LR was €57,990 / £45,490 at the time.

Looks like there was a price increase last month.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/150839/tesla-model-3-pricing-increased

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Screenshot-20191115-095514.jpg

Just to confirm when your working out the BIK in the example above it's €14573 is the bik taxable amount so if your doing 15/20k it's €189 is your monthly BIK payment?
    The liability on the performance is €22131 so monthly BIK of €288 per month.

What's the price you actually pay to Tesla? For calculating BIK should delivery and document fee be included?

Thought if doing 0-24k pa it’s ->>>14573 x 30% = 4372. Pm is 364 to be taxed I thought. (Note no prsi er). What’s the 189?

Was there some change in the 30% rule but that was only proposals.

Cost of business of buying home charger fully allowed and no bik???

But cost of installing probably not. But could you argue “wholly exclusively” etc?

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/benefit-in-kind-for-employers/private-use-of-company-cars/how-to-calculate-the-value-of-the-benefit.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yep, need a priority switch

Does the priority switch mean you don’t need an additional 40 amp onto the board - so its just shared with a shower. We have 3showers and 2 (possibly 40) trips?
    It’s just intercepted on way to board from the shower.

smokybacon wrote: »
    Does the priority switch mean you don’t need an additional 40 amp onto the board - so its just shared with a shower. We have 3showers and 2 (possibly 40) trips?
    It’s just intercepted on way to board from the shower.

If you have two electric showers (generally people install one electric and one pumped) then you probably already have one priority switch

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

For anyone renting a M3 through UFO. Just plug and charge with the Superchargers, no card needed

We are providing two charging cards in Dublin.

-1Plugsurfing card compatible with Ionity chargers
    -1ESB card for ESB chargers

If anyone wants a referral for 30e off drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

CFC007 wrote: »
    For anyone renting a M3 through UFO. Just plug and charge with the Superchargers, no card needed

We are providing two charging cards in Dublin.

-1Plugsurfing card compatible with Ionity chargers
    -1ESB card for ESB chargers

If anyone wants a referral for 30e off drop me a PM

just had a look on the ufo website , the model 3 is greyed out (sorry just saw the LR verson was greyed out)

smokybacon wrote: »
    Thought if doing 0-24k pa it’s ->>>14573 x 30% = 4372. Pm is 364 to be taxed I thought. (Note no prsi er). What’s the 189?
    Your forgetting the to take off the effective tax rate of 52%, which brings the bik to €189 or €177 if you take out the delivery charge.
    I'm just going by this https://www.paylesstax.ie/benefit-in-kind-calculator/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ted1 wrote: »

BMW i3 is at the rear too.
    While I agree that reversing in is the best way and safest, I sometimes miss my leaf for the central charging socket.

With the rear sided charger you have to carefully place your car in order for the lead to reach around to the port.

Not a biggie but noticeable and one I copped at home after going from the leaf to the i3. The cable just about makes it, but I have to park on the one side of the garden, tight to the wall etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would be a little concerned about this. An electrician should know off the tip of his tongue that a priority switch needs to go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Can u test drive model 3 yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement