Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Can u test drive model 3 yet?

Don’t.

You’ll end up signing up for one there and then. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

kceire wrote: »
    Don’t.

You’ll end up signing up for one there and then. 😂

Once they do pcp I will be in...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

First additions installed.

Taptes Wireless phone charger, which is the same as the Jeda charger at half the price ($39.99). It charges two phones at one in portrait or one phone in landscape (not that I'll need landscape now that the car has Youtube and Netflix since V10).

I also got the Taptes Organiser tray/box for the centre console. Worth it to hold your charging cards and sunglasses if nothing else ($9.99).

xKYm15s.png

I also got the Taptes performance pedals for $13.99, which were comically difficult to install but I found a lot of swearing at them helped.

adXLNDq.png

..and no, I'm not sponsored by Taptes!

I've also installed a Matte Black center console wrap as the piano black finish on the center console gets dirty crazy quick. I didn't get a photo, but will post later. You can see a bit of it between the car charger and the tray in the first photo.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Once they do pcp I will be in...

They don’t do PCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

They don’t do PCP.

He never said they did?

• Advertisement

jusmeig wrote: »
    He never said they did?

He said, once they do PCP, he’s in. I informed him they don’t.

What’s your problem with that.

You answered a question he did not ask.
    He also said -> Once they do -> They will in the future do PCP.
    It's just at the moment, right now, they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He said that "once they do" PCP he's in. That statement is in itself an acknowledgement that he is aware that they currently don't.

Once Salma Hayek agrees to sleep with me, I'm in* for sure**

That doesn't suggest that I think she currently will, lol.

*pun intended
    **only joking wifey dear wherever you are

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They don’t do PCP.
    They do for S and X now, and they do for the M3 in UK

ELM327 wrote: »
    They do for S and X now, and they do for the M3 in UK

I guess they dont offer it on M3 as they want the dolla in the bank now.
    This makes sense....a bit...but in a market as small as Ireland, PCP up front would probably have lead to much higher adoption rates. The deposit is a serious barrier and the loan repayments for HP another one.

If that ID 3 is 0% PCP....it will sell like hotcakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Can u test drive model 3 yet?

I test drove in July! Will probably never be able to afford one until monthly payments with a €10k deposit come down to around €400 max. Currently HP is around €700!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

BBMcQ wrote: »
    I test drove in July! Will probably never be able to afford one until monthly payments with a €10k deposit come down to around €400 max. Currently HP is around €700!
    700 with no/little fuel costs is like 450 on a fossil car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I would be a little concerned about this. An electrician should know off the tip of his tongue that a priority switch needs to go in.

Basic stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ELM327 wrote: »
    700 with no/little fuel costs is like 450 on a fossil car.

That's an attractive hook for someone currently driving a fossil. For an EV longtime looking to upgrade, it's still a big jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

First long trip to Galway and back to Bray going through Birr to collect a Type1 -> Type2 adapter in ElectricAutos in Naas.

First charge in IONITY Athlone, quite slower than I thought it would be, arrived with 53% battery and speed was 83kW, charged during 25 mins up to 89, we had a coffee.

Going to Naas from Galway we charged in Ballacolla Supercharger, arrived with 10% charge and started with 135kW and this time we didn't have time to have the coffee but we took it with us, charged to 73%.

This is the screenshot when we entered the shop after a short loo visit, still going strong at 36% SoC

10arMCJ.jpg

Motorway driving was superb for a longish drive, autopilot working great, was very relaxing, mostly when we arrived to the M50 and N11 and it was moving snail pace.

Drive in N and R roads superb, it is so well planted and steering is so sharp and precise, some very rough patches caused a bit of a rough ride, but nothing terrible. Did a couple of overtakes in chill mode and the car is super quick getting speed.

One pedal drive with the new version is great, iirc I didn't touch the brake pedal from Galway to Bray, around 300km

Sorry for the long post

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Good news for Irish M3 owners; the 40.xx s/w update, now being released, will bring the neural net based auto windscreen wiping and for SR+ owners, 170kw charging. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Anybody have a referral code?

thanks Lumen. And just as I go to order, I see they've raised the price of the Performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jarrieta wrote: »
    First long trip to Galway and back to Bray going through Birr

What car have you and how much battery did you have starting, I'm slightly worried you needed 3 charges on that drive.

thanks Lumen. And just as I go to order, I see they've raised the price of the Performance!

Looks like it's gone down by a thousand, was 73 now it's 72.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's gone down by a thousand, was 73 now it's 72.

Was around 63, now it's 67K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

The price of what I ordered has gone up 4,500!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Collecting tomorrow so had a good day of running around looking for log books for trade in, spare keys, getting reg numbers for insurance etc excited now :)
    SR+ Black on Black

Was around 63, now it's 67K

Yea that's a thousand cheaper than yesterday. Think I know what's going on they jacked up the price by 1k a while ago and are now going to do a black Friday deal with 1k off.
    It was 100% 73k yesterday before incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

What car have you and how much battery did you have starting, I'm slightly worried you needed 3 charges on that drive.

Performance, started with 93%, very cold and strong winds, I just charged twice, one in Ionity Athlone and one in Ballacolla, if I had had destination charging in Galway I wouldn't have needed to charge. Unfortunately with this cold and wind the consumption at 120km/h is crazy high, also I can notice that the HVAC consumes a lot of energy compared with any other ev

Yea that's a thousand cheaper than yesterday. Think I know what's going on they jacked up the price by 1k a while ago and are now going to do a black Friday deal with 1k off.
    It was 100% 73k yesterday before incentives.

I'm talking after incentives here -- definitely a rise of 4-5K compared to earlier today (and the last few weeks I've been playing around in the configurator!).

Seems it's risen in Germany too, judging from Reddit.

No it's dropped by 1k the rise your seeing is they've moved the seai grant out of the purchase price.

No it's dropped by 1k the rise your seeing is they've moved the seai grant out of the purchase price.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. The OTR price has increased by around 4-5K as reflected in the final cash and HP prices in their own calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Sr+ is still 47840 including delivery?

• Advertisement

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. The OTR price has increased by around 4-5K as reflected in the final cash and HP prices in their own calculator.

I'm not seeing it only the 1k drop.

Just copied this now.
    Purchase Price
    € 72,131 that's without 10k of of incentives so the price is
    €62131 after incentives.

I dunno something funny going on.

I did read yesterday they could be bringing out a performance software update for the long range at a price of 2k.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement