Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

bf wrote: »
    I only saw 2 other Model 3s on the lot that looked ready to go. There was surprisingly 5 or 6 Model S ready for new homes and 2 Model X - well I presume they were going to new homes based on reg numbers being close to mine

A transporter has just pulled into Sandyford with 8 Model 3s on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Review of a blue/black SR+ fresh off the Chinese production line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrrY8zaqs8o

Reviewer covers any internal/external differences between US/China produced models (just the rear badges), software (none), battery (LG Chem?) and build quality (better than his imported LR RWD M3). It's in Chinese with English subtitles. Build quality section starts at 2:45. Lots of shots of the exterior if you've bought blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

jarrieta wrote: »
    Wow, i would say that ride quality (not comfort) would be a bigger deal breaker, absolutely not in the same league

Been in both a Model 3 and eNiro.

Imo you feel less road imperfections in the Kia - although the SR+ is actually very good for what is ultimately a 5.3 secs performance rocket - on COILS.

In fact if I didn't know different I'd have assumed the Model 3 was running comfort mode on some kind of adaptive or air suspension set up.

I always think of ride quality as being a key part of comfort - ie it's about how smooth the cars ride is over bumps.

In saying that I was a passenger on someone else's test drive and that person reckoned a lot of it was down to the seats.

I was in the back though and yet it was still fine (youd get more of the benefit of the seats in the front).

I tend not to like a hard harsh ride so I was (pleasantly) surprised by the Model 3 in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

sln852 wrote: »
    Review of a blue/black SR+ fresh off the Chinese production line.

He also mentioned the underside weather proofing/protection has been improved to cope with Chinese roads.

I wonder do the most recent US ones have that, I can kind of think of somewhere else it could be useful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Let me introduce you to Apollo, my SR+. I picked her up on Tuesday (I believe I was after bf getting his car). Great one on one handover experience, which took about 20 minutes going over everything and getting the settings configured as you like. No issues found with the car whatsoever.

q4pTO7M.jpg
    zIWbWaC.jpg

It was still on V9 when I picked it up with 13km on the clock. But V10 was already downloaded and ready to install. 5% performance boost straight away! One pedal driving is a dream.
    RePX9zQ.jpg
    PQU6btv.jpg

The V10 upgrade also gave me Spotify (requires own Spotify account; LR and P get a free spotify account), Netflix, YouTube and the Web Browser. These all work over the car's 4G connection, but there going to start charging for this.
    R2dqFFB.jpg

Edge-of-car-park spaces are compulsory:
    Zi9GqAQ.jpg
    WC0ogdK.jpg

I also believe I have Autopilot HW 3.0 as the car animation on screen shows traffic cones, which aren't showing on HW 2.5 cars. The old trick of seeing the sentry mode video codes no longer works since V10. blurry photo taken at night:

DcxKeja.jpg

It's a popular car when parked up!
    NqEaCcv.jpg

Compulsory charging light GIF:
    tF0hn1Y.gif

Eh, also, PM me if you need a referral code.

Enjoy!! It's a fantastic car. A week in and I'm still grinning like an idiot everytime I get into mine.

• Advertisement

EVGuy wrote: »
    He also mentioned the underside weather proofing/protection has been improved to cope with Chinese roads.

I wonder do the most recent US ones have that, I can kind of think of somewhere else it could be useful. ;)

Yeah he also mentioned that the Chinese plant improved the insulation and sealing which offered better noise control over the US manufactured models. But it was reported recently the the US plant improved in that area as well so hopefully improvements are standardized across the plants and we don't have one being better than the other in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Let me introduce you to Apollo, my SR+. I picked her up on Tuesday (I believe I was after bf getting his car). Great one on one handover experience, which took about 20 minutes going over everything and getting the settings configured as you like. No issues found with the car whatsoever.

It was still on V9 when I picked it up with 13km on the clock. But V10 was already downloaded and ready to install. 5% performance boost straight away! One pedal driving is a dream.

The V10 upgrade also gave me Spotify (requires own Spotify account; LR and P get a free spotify account), Netflix, YouTube and the Web Browser. These all work over the car's 4G connection, but there going to start charging for this.
    R2dqFFB.jpg

Edge-of-car-park spaces are compulsory:
    ]

I also believe I have Autopilot HW 3.0 as the car animation on screen shows traffic cones, which aren't showing on HW 2.5 cars. The old trick of seeing the sentry mode video codes no longer works since V10. blurry photo taken at night:

It's a popular car when parked up!

Compulsory charging light GIF:

Eh, also, PM me if you need a referral code.

Sorry we didn't get to speak, although I think we did the Tesla wave as you walked around the car :P

Delighted with mine, hope yours is going well. Great to hear the positive delivery experiences in Sandyford

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jammy Ba&*a$%s:cool:

Enjoy:)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

slave1 wrote: »
    Jammy Ba&*a$%s:cool:

Enjoy:)

Just packed a golf trolley, 2 bags, 2 golf bags in the boot, I would say we could fit a few more things (drivers and woods out of the bags). We didn't need to use the space below the boot or the frunk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just packed a golf trolley, 2 bags, 2 golf bags in the boot, I would say we could fit a few more things (drivers and woods out of the bags). We didn't need to use the space below the boot or the frunk.

had you to take the drivers out of the bags?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

charlieIRL wrote: »

I assume the drivers in the front seat ..........

I’ll get my coat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Website saying a December delivery if I order a Performance today. I assume I can request January instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Website saying a December delivery if I order a Performance today. I assume I can request January instead?

My guess would be if it says Dec now, delivery in Jan will be a miracle so I would leave the booking alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

are you charged a fee if you cancel an order (not reservation)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    are you charged a fee if you cancel an order (not reservation)

No charge - in fact you can take delivery and drive it for a few hundred miles and then return it for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Hartunion wrote: »
    My guess would be if it says Dec now, delivery in Jan will be a miracle so I would leave the booking alone.

This is strange. I was told no performance variants until new year. I've learned that hope doesn't spring eternal in Teslatime world, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

if i decided to order a standard model now with black paint, would it take longer than the "February date" stated or are the crazy stories about delays still accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    if i decided to order a standard model now with black paint, would it take longer than the "February date" stated or are the crazy stories about delays still accurate?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

charlieIRL wrote: »

I said there I took the drivers out, but they fit very comfortably below the bags, huge amount of room

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Doug Demuro reviews a model 3 performance;

https://youtu.be/YvsnIL0AIAk

Go to 28 mins for driving section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I feel it necessary to point out that whilst the month is indicated when you place an order, the year is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Let me introduce you to Apollo,

q4pTO7M.jpg

Two thoughts:

1. 'Apollo' you copying MKBHD?

2. The mirror tag is '81' - I wonder if this is the number of Model3's they've delivered to date? (cumulative end Aug: 0, end Sept: 13, end Oct: 36, end Nov: ?? )

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Doug Demuro reviews a model 3 performance;

The tinted windows and carbon fiber interior are both aftermarket I presume?

The tinted windows and carbon fiber interior are both aftermarket I presume?

All aftermarket. The carbon fiber wrap on the dash and center console look like these from Abstract Ocean.

https://www.abstractocean.com/dash-wrap-for-the-tesla-model-3/
    https://www.abstractocean.com/model-3-center-console-vinyl-wrap/

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭carloscorreia

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Wow, i would say that ride quality (not comfort) would be a bigger deal breaker, absolutely not in the same league

For me it was the lack of lumbar support in the paddy spec Niro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

jusmeig wrote: »
    Was there many people getting cars. Has anybody seen anything resembling scale deliveries? We got that email saying expect deliveries End of 2019, Nov/Dec...wondering will they bother with another one?!

Model 3 top selling car in the Irish market at half way point in November with 27 units way ahead of skoda Kamiq in 2nd place with 16 units. Model 3 up to 63 units year to date. Great end to the year. 17 of the 27 are business registrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

RedorDead wrote: »
    Model 3 top selling car in the Irish market at half way point in November

Any breakdown by model, standard, performance, colour etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Right, damn you all I'm tempted now.

Sorry but can someone save me trawling the thread, are Tesla offering PCP? I can only see it on the UK site, not Irish.

What kind of deals, finance options are people getting?

I'm still leaning towards either keeping the i3 for another year, or trying to source an e-Niro. But I do love the Tesla. The sexy factor over the Kia is substantial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Right, damn you all I'm tempted now.

Sorry but can someone save me trawling the thread, are Tesla offering PCP? I can only see it on the UK site, not Irish.

What kind of deals, finance options are people getting?

I'm still leaning towards either keeping the i3 for another year, or trying to source an e-Niro. But I do love the Tesla. The sexy factor over the Kia is substantial.

No PCP. Straight loan with AIB is only Tesla option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement