Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Jetabroad now told me that they cannot give me money they don't have as Etihad have my money and ar only doing refund in the form of a voucher. It will cost be €50 or so for the pleasure of using this voucher via jetabroad.

In fairness that's true. Etihad have your money.

I think you can take jetabroad out of the loop and deal directly with Etihad under EU261 which makes the airline liable.
    You should be able to get a voucher directly from them. Save you the €50 charge!

I used Resolver and found it good but that was pre Covid.
    You try to get a refund but it will be a battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

paddy19 wrote: »
    In fairness that's true. Etihad have your money.

I think you can take jetabroad out of the loop and deal directly with Etihad under EU261 which makes the airline liable.
    You should be able to get a voucher directly from them. Save you the €50 charge!

I used Resolver and found it good but that was pre Covid.
    You try to get a refund but it will be a battle.

I can't contact Etihad. Once I follow the steps and click that I booked via an agent, the next screen just says to contact my agent. End of any possible contact between them and myself.

I wouldn't mind the voucher minus and fees directly with Etihad. Just want to get the hell away form those clowns at Jetabroad. They had no interest in any contact with me until I complained publicly on their Facebook page and have been absolutely horrible to deal with.

Try https://www.resolver.co.uk/ with a claim on Etihad, it's free.
    The initial pushback will be deal with the agent but quote EU261 saying the airline is liable.

Your other option is chargeback, but is going to messy because jetabroad will claim the Etihad have the money.
    But if there're treating you badly, I wouldn't have any sympathy for them, they can work it out with Etihad.

See sticky:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

Try https://www.resolver.co.uk/ with a claim on Etihad, it's free.
    The initial pushback will be deal with the agent but quote EU261 saying the airline is liable.

Your other option is chargeback, but is going to messy because jetabroad will claim the Etihad have the money.
    But if there're treating you badly, I wouldst have any sympathy for them, they can work it out with Etihad.

See sticky:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

Thank you so much. I felt lost with all of this. Revolut are looking into a chargeback for me but they really don't seem to have my money.

So I would happily settle for a voucher with Etihad. We plan to do the trip anyway once it's possible again.

I wouldn't accept one with jetabroad.. especially after saying I'll be charged €50 per person for the pleasure of using their voucher.

Thank you so much. I felt lost with all of this. Revolut are looking into a chargeback for me but they really don't seem to have my money.

So I would happily settle for a voucher with Etihad. We plan to do the trip anyway once it's possible again.

I wouldn't accept one with jetabroad.. especially after saying I'll be charged €50 per person for the pleasure of using their voucher.

UPDATE:

Got hold of Etihad on Facebook messenger.

They said in entitled to a refund but I'd need to do it through Jetabroad.

Hmm this will be tough considering they're adamant that I am according to Etihad NOT eligible for a refund.

Are they simply lying to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

UPDATE:

Hmm this will be tough considering they're adamant that I am according to Etihad NOT eligible for a refund.

Yes, both will try to fob you off with claiming the other is responsible.

josip wrote: »
    Yes, both will try to fob you off with claiming the other is responsible.

Madness.

Etihad told me I need to go through my travel agency for the refund that I'm entitled to.

Jetabroad told me I'm not entitled to a refund as per Etihad rules and send an image from Etihad trying to show that I'm not entitled to any refund.

Absolute madness. I've no idea how Jetabroad will respond to this one. I'll be posting the whole conversation on their Facebook with myself and Etihad and myself an Jetabroad to show that Jetabroad literally lied to me...after that, I don't know what else to try.

A really helpful guy posted a link to me earlier about requesting a refund but it only seems to count for UK countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Glen Erin

Avant chargeback came through yesterday for Ryanair flights. I had started chargeback process on 21/4.

UPDATE:

Lying is a very strong word. All the Airlines are trying to flog vouchers.

If the flight is cancelled you are entitled to a cash refund under EU261 from Etihad.
    Which is all fine in theory but how do you enforce it.

Revolut is a good option if you can make it work.
    They will go after jetabroad since they are the people who originally got your money.

Monksp wrote: »
    Avant chargeback came through yesterday for Ryanair flights. I had started chargeback process on 21/4.

Good on you and avantcard, getting money out of Ryanair is a major achievement. :)

I'll repost this on the chargeback thread if I may.

• Advertisement

Lying is a very strong word. All the Airlines are trying to flog vouchers.

If the flight is cancelled you are entitled to a cash refund under EU261 from Etihad.
    Which is all fine in theory but how do you enforce it.

Revolut is a good option if you can make it work.
    They will go after jetabroad since they are the people who originally got your money.

It's not a strong word when jetabroad said Etihad don't do refunds wheras Etihad have confirmed that Jetabroad a wrong. They lied to me.

Madness.

Etihad told me I need to go through my travel agency for the refund that I'm entitled to.

Jetabroad told me I'm not entitled to a refund as per Etihad rules and send an image from Etihad trying to show that I'm not entitled to any refund.

Absolute madness. I've no idea how Jetabroad will respond to this one. I'll be posting the whole conversation on their Facebook with myself and Etihad and myself an Jetabroad to show that Jetabroad literally lied to me...after that, I don't know what else to try.

A really helpful guy posted a link to me earlier about requesting a refund but it only seems to count for UK countries.

UPDATE:

upon showing jetabroad what Etihad said about being eligible for a full refund, they're now saying that Etihad are allowing refunds just since today...LOL

It's actually funny how pathetic their lies are.

1 more issue, they're charging me £50 per person fee to do the refund. Surely this is something I don't have to allow happen? What could I say to make them backtrack on this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭obi604

obi604 wrote: »
    now that my flight home is confirmed cancelled, I chanced doing it via

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

I got this message just after I submitted:

"Unfortunately we cannot process your application for one of the following reasons: A previous application has already been submitted for this booking"

Fair enough I suppose as I already did it via the link in the mail when the first flight outbound got cancelled on the 18th May

Hi all,

I put in for my refund on the 18th may. Have not heard a peep since.

Do I wait another bit or is now the time to take the next step.

Is the next step to try and get them on chat to ask them where is my refund etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This'll be fun.

IMG-20200527-091252.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi all,

I put in for my refund on the 18th may. Have not heard a peep since.

Do I wait another bit or is now the time to take the next step.

Is the next step to try and get them on chat to ask them where is my refund etc?

Next step is you wait, unless you're going to try a chargeback. To put it into some context, I'm waiting since 11 March.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Actually not too bad connected to an agent already

Caranica wrote: »
    Next step is you wait, unless you're going to try a chargeback. To put it into some context, I'm waiting since 11 March.

I thought after 10 days one had to reach out to the airline via chat etc to ask where is my refund, to chase it up and prove you are trying to make an effort at getting teh refund. etc

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Got an email this morning from RA saying my refund has been sent to my bank. March Flights

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

kenkin wrote: »
    Got an email this morning from RA saying my refund has been sent to my bank. March Flights

Woah...big news and great news too. What date was your flight in March.. ? We could try and work out the waiting time...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

24th March. Just waiting on my return flight refund now

• Advertisement

I thought after 10 days one had to reach out to the airline via chat etc to ask where is my refund, to chase it up and prove you are trying to make an effort at getting teh refund. etc

You do not need to chase it up.
    You made a valid refund request under EU261.
    They should simply give your cash.
    It should be automatic within 24 hours like the car rental companies.

They want you to contact them to try to flog you crappy voucher.
    They are not going to move you up in the queue which they have said will be worked after "the crisis is over".

If you want your money anytime soon you should try chargeback.

See chargeback thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069347

You do not need to chase it up.
    You made a valid refund request under EU261.
    They should simply give your cash.
    It should be automatic within 24 hours like the car rental companies.

They want you to contact them to try to flog you crappy voucher.
    They are not going to move you up in the queue which they have said will be worked after "the crisis is over".

If you want your money anytime soon you should try chargeback.

See chargeback thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069347

thanks, I never got an actual email to confirm my refund application went through, so just concerned about this side of things.

in saying this:

I got this message at another point

"Unfortunately we cannot process your application for one of the following reasons: A previous application has already been submitted for this booking"

Fair enough I suppose as I already did it via the link in the mail when the first flight outbound got cancelled on the 18th May

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I just initiated a charge back with BOI yesterday. Not even an acknowledgement of request for a refund. No email to even say they received the request so f**k them . Charge back it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

I've just received an email from Ryanair advising that my refund has been processed and that the travel voucher issued has been voided and can no longer be used.
    To say I'm shocked is an understatement

To clarify, when I received the initial voucher email, I phoned them and advised that I wasn't accepting the voucher and to reinstate the refund request.

I'd given up all hope for a refund for at least 12 months so this is so welcomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

aisleseat wrote: »
    I've just received an email from Ryanair advising that my refund has been processed and that the travel voucher issued has been voided and can no longer be used.

To clarify, when I received the initial voucher email, I phoned them and advised that I wasn't accepting the voucher and to reinstate the refund request.

I'd given up all hope for a refund for at least 12 months so this is so welcomed

what date were your flights?

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    what date were your flights?

It was a one way flight, March 23rd departure date

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Well done...great news flying in (pardon the pun) this morning....what date was your flight...? Another poster had a date of March 24th so they may be doing batches..

limabromac wrote: »
    Well done...great news flying in (pardon the pun) this morning....what date was your flight...? Another poster had a date of March 24th so they may be doing batches..

Great news is right :) .. it was on March 23rd and for an amount of EUR650 so such a relief to get this back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Great news is right :) .. it was on March 23rd and for an amount of EUR650 so such a relief to get this back

jaysis a one way flight with ryanair for 650, were ye going to Mars? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Had you instigated a card chargeback or complaint to Flightrights?

Advertisement