Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

paddy19 wrote: »
    You don't have reject anything, you don't have chatbot or email, you don't have to talk to anyone.

Per Ryanairs T & C's 15.2.2 and EU261 you just have to request a cash refund once.
    They can't reject, they can't refuse, they can delay :(

This is the one and only link you should use:

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

Keep screenshots.

If the web page doesn't work send them a good old-fashioned letter with An Post to:

Refunds, Customer Service Department, Ryanair DAC, Airside Business Park Swords Co. Dublin.

Take a photo of the stamped envelope, no need to register.

Thanks paddy .. .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have a US flight booked for July with Delta, they have not cancelled the flight (still taking bookings on it) but as Dublin Airport is outside my restricted travel limit I can't make it to the airport.
    Delta saying the plane will be there and they are not cancelling so no refund?

Talk about a balls up?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

slave1 wrote: »
    I have a US flight booked for July with Delta, they have not cancelled the flight (still taking bookings on it) but as Dublin Airport is outside my restricted travel limit I can't make it to the airport.
    Delta saying the plane will be there and they are not cancelling so no refund?

Talk about a balls up?

There is still a good change that this plane won't fly in July.
    If it doesn't fly either out or return you are due a full cash refund.
    You are in the hands of Donald J Trump.
    You could, if you wished, pray for another ban on USA/European travel for July.

Best bet is sit tight until you get closer to the fly date.

If it looks like it's going to fly try to transfer to a flights that are very unlikely to fly.
    Mid week is normally more likely to be cancelled than weekends.

A bit of detective work on www.flightaware.com
    will give you a feel for what's flying and what is getting cancelled.

Good luck, the battle is far from lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You don't have reject anything, you don't have chatbot or email, you don't have to talk to anyone.

Per Ryanairs T & C's 15.2.2 and EU261 you just have to request a cash refund once.
    They can't reject, they can't refuse, they can delay :(

I don't know what bit of "you are not in a refund queue, we have no record of you refusing the voucher" you don't understand. This is what I was explicitly told. My file had no refund request (despite multiple requests for refund).

I'm not saying they're right but advising people that there is no need to reject the voucher could lead to further delays.

Caranica wrote: »
    I don't know what bit of "you are not in a refund queue, we have no record of you refusing the voucher" you don't understand. This is what I was explicitly told. My file had no refund request (despite multiple requests for refund).

I'm not saying they're right but advising people that there is no need to reject the voucher could lead to further delays.

There are going to be delays, because Ryanair want to hold on to passengers money not because you are not in the queue.

If you don't to be delayed you need to good another route. (Chargeback, regulator etc.)

They have continually stated that they will not refund until after Covid is over.

I see your point but it bugs the hell out of me to see Ryanair setting up conditions that they have no right to demand.

We can soon see Ryanair demand that everyone reject a voucher that they never requested.

They want to distrait passengers from the very simple condition that a passenger has to request a refund.

• Advertisement

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1262448366241251333

They have some cheek... But you know what, when they tweet something like this it shows in the comments how many people are waiting on refunds, many of whom are not aware of how to get their refund so I for one am happy for the info provided here and glad that we can all share out experiences and stick together in our quest.... : )

limabromac wrote: »
    Thanks paddy .. as far as I know this particular link though is only for compensation once a flight has left and is cancelled or delayed and you need to get a hotel or food...but no one that hasn't flown is entitled to compensation only a refund of original payment... A few people have tried this way and received an email to say they are not entitled to compensation...

Dead right limabromac. I'm confusing myself!

Correct link for refund request is:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭obi604

Dead right limabromac. I'm confusing myself!

Correct link for refund request is:

or the link sypplied in the cancellation email from ryanair

obi604 wrote: »
    or the link sypplied in the cancellation email from ryanair

Basically to start the whole process you have to notice that your flights ( in the My Bookings side of ryanair )are cancelled and click to get a refund... This link will lead you to a refund form which you fill out...

Or not notice that your flights have cancelled and receive a text message that says check your emails..you check your email to notice your flight is cancelled and then click to reschedule or refund which brings you to a link to request a refund ( which basically resembles the refund form)

So both these ways bring you to the same place....

Next you wait after your form for refund goes through...

Then you receive a voucher...

Then you decide whether to accept that voucher or reject that voucher.you either clink the link to accept the voucher or click the link to reject the voucher, the rejection is harder as it brings you to the chat.. ryanair will not make it easy..

Looking tonight on comments on Twitter when people say " hey I received a voucher but I wanted a refund" a ryanair customer service agent says " please DM me your reference number to be added to the refund Queue" ( even though frustrating as it is you literally joined that queue 20 days ago...)

I've been in the chargeback and flightrights queue for nearly a month now ... ..and the Ryanair "queue" since April the 1st...and I'm not giving up... : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gerrygman

l.

hi Paddy19,

my case number is about 100 after yours. my claim was issued on 1st May and it's not showing 17 days. should there have been a response by now or it the duration 15 working days?

thanks G

• Advertisement

gerrygman wrote: »
    hi Paddy19,

my case number is about 100 after yours. my claim was issued on 1st May and it's not showing 17 days. should there have been a response by now or it the duration 15 working days?

thanks G

It's 15 calendar days.
    If they have not contested your claim, (Notice of Dispute Lodged)
    then you have won the case!
    The only caveat is that we may have buried the SCC, they maybe a bit behind.

I'd give the registrar a few more days and then check what is happening by email.
    Great that about 100 people are using the SCC process!

Which airline is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

Caranica wrote: »

how do you reject the voucher?

The airlines are playing games trying to imply that you
    need to jump through yet another hoop.

You didn't ask for the voucher.
    You do not need to reject it.

You can confirm that you have filed a refund by entering your details on
    It will not accept details because your refund request is already in the system.

If somebody could do this and post a screenshot of it would be a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

The airlines are playing games trying to imply that you
    need to jump through yet another hoop.

You didn't ask for the voucher.
    You do not need to reject it.

You can confirm that you have filed a refund by entering your details on
    It will not accept details because your refund request is already in the system.

If somebody could do this and post a screenshot of it would be a great help.

Ry.png

this is for my last canceled trip. The only one that when I first did this was showing error, and when I tried again I get this that it's already done. So I not so confidant that I am actually in any sort of queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I did it via their webchat

Ry.png

this is for my last canceled trip. The only one that when I first did this was showing error, and when I tried again I get this that it's already done. So I not so confidant that I am actually in any sort of queue.

Myself and paddy19 differ on this a small bit...

Ryanair are asking you in their email that if you still want a refund you need to click here: link

In my eyes you have already expected a refund that is what you have signed up for 20 days previous when your flight was cancelled...then this voucher comes out of the blue.... Ryanair are basically saying that the initial queue that you were once in has been replaced by a voucher ...if you don't want said voucher you need to reject the voucher and that's literally what their email says and they make the rules now ..it's not legal...but none of this is ...

On this channel it has been noted that if you just merely send a request to not accept the voucher your request goes nowhere...so it leaves you with the option of chatting to an actual person on their chat bot who will confirm that yes you are now in the queue for the refund however long that takes....

Legally this is not right, ryanair are making the rules up...
    It seems that if you don't do anything with the voucher than after a year the voucher expires and you get a refund...so you could wait...

But if you want to make sure you are in a queue to receive a refund ( again even though you thought you were in the queue) you need to tell them that you don't want the voucher so you need to do this by actually speaking to an agent...

Again it's not correct in any shape or form... You have options such as chargeback,SCC and flightrights... but you will still wait...

Direct from ryanairs email :.

If you do not wish to accept this voucher option and wish to move your flight or request a refund, please click here to contact us. Please note that as our customer care agents are required to work from home to limit the spread of COVID-19 virus, payment security restrictions prevent us from processing refunds as quickly as we would like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

One question guys and my apologies if it's been done already. The whole thing gives me a headache at this point and as I'm already spending long days on the computer working from home, I've been avoiding Ryanair and their utterly complicated process.

I have two cancelled flights now for two people so a fair few bob. But I do travel a lot so the voucher will probably suit. But and here's the question:

I requested a refund for the first flight in April and like everybody ended up with this voucher that I didn't ask for. I neither accepted nor rejected the voucher nor clicked into anything. I did nothing. Should I do something? Is there a time limit, as in if you don't click accept within x amount of time you lose everything??? Nothing would surprise me with that shower :mad:

I've recently received the cancellation of the second flight in June and I've done nothing either. Must I click on an option or can I just leave it for the moment?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Day 14 on my case with the scc and nothing yet so if Ryanair don'T respond by tomorrow is this just a case i won the case and they need to pay up ASAP?

acequion wrote: »

I neither accepted nor rejected the voucher nor clicked into anything. I did nothing. Should I do something? Is there a time limit, as in if you don't click accept within x amount of time you lose everything???

Nothing would surprise me with that shower :mad:

I've recently received the cancellation of the second flight in June and I've done nothing either. Must I click on an option or can I just leave it for the moment?

Thanks in advance.

The email that you received is as vague as it can get...it's asking you to accept the voucher or contact them if you want a refund, which you have already done so that should be the end of it but it's not...

If you do nothing, neithb click on anything than you just wait for the expiry date on the voucher to pass and then apparently your voucher will turn into a refund.

If you want to take that chance of ryanair remembering to refund you in a year's time then it's your choice ..

For me it's evident by the emails wording to hinder the process ..if you want to make sure you are in some sort of definite queue to get a refund than I would definitely speak to someone in chat as you have a recording of convo...

If you want to accept the voucher just click the link . .you will then have until the expiry date to use it ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

About 500e in cancelled flight fees and an 800e voucher still yet to be organised by Aer Lingus. Submitted form roughly 8/9 weeks ago. Assume others are having the exact same issue with Aer Lingus? Always found them worse than Ryanair for all the stick O'Leary and his crew get. None of the stickied optionswork for me other, outside of Charge back (I'm AIB and don't think they are doing so with Airlines) and resolver which seems to be UK based.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭eltonyio

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Day 14 on my case with the scc and nothing yet so if Ryanair don'T respond by tomorrow is this just a case i won the case and they need to pay up ASAP?

I'm on Day 20 and just received a reply from the Registrar this morning.

It's a 6 page long letter disputing the charges, clearly designed to intimidate and pressure a lay person to withdraw.

They request the court to dismiss on the grounds that:

Claim application not properly pleaded
    Abuse of Process

Claim not maintainable in law
    Offers made in compliance with all applicable law

Each one of the points above has half a page or so of sub-points. To be fair, I probably didn't put in as much detail as I should have in the claim but I'd love to know if others are receiving similar and what are you doing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Made complaint to flightrights 20 days ago, phoned them there for an update and it hasn't even been initiated yet due to their backlog.

eltonyio wrote: »

It's a 6 page long letter disputing the charges, clearly designed to intimidate and pressure a lay person to withdraw.

Abuse of Process

Each one of the points above has half a page or so of sub-points. To be fair, I probably didn't put in as much detail as I should have in the claim but I'd love to know if others are receiving similar and what are you doing about it.

You could phone them up an ask them if you can submit more evidence maybe??

Small claims court thread may be good to get an answer aswell ..

Abuse of Process

Any chance you could blank out the private details and attach a copy to a post.

You can reply to this missive and ask the Registrar to send your reply to Ryanair.
    You can still provide any extra documents they require.
    Doesn't need to be complicated.
    Basically they need to comply with EU261 and save the courts time.

The whole idea of small claims is that you are not expected to be or hire a lawyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Abuse of Process

i should expect this then, Ryanair haven't a leg to stand on here, this is exactly what you mentioned, it's designed to intimidate the claimant and hope they will back down,the facts are you booked the flights with Ryanair, they have all the flight info anyway but they've wiped all flights history from peoples accounts, under EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 they have to refund money to you should a flight be cancelled.

Jet2 refunded customers within 2 weeks, Ryanair are doing this deliberately , i wont back down anyway , be sure and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Has anyone got a result from flight rights? Waiting 18 days and no news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Has anyone got a result from flight rights? Waiting 18 days and no news?

see my post a few above. They haven't touched my complaint made 20 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

podge018 wrote: »
    see my post a few above. They haven't touched my complaint made 20 days ago.

Thanks, 10 days after my ulsterbank chargeback they just emailed me to say that I hadn't provided them with all information even though I filled in every section they originally asked:

"Please check the following list of information for what we already have on file ✓ and what we still need from you ◯. We need to have your response within 14 calendar days, should any of the information requested not be available to you please tell us why.

◯ The full terms and conditions of the purchase

◯ Copy of the invoice, receipt or order confirmation

◯ Copies of any e-mail or letter correspondence between yourself and the retailer (if you have only spoken over the phone or in person, please tell us what was said)

Am I supposed to paste 200 pages of Ryanairs terms and conditions?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

limabromac wrote: »
    The email that you received is as vague as it can get...it's asking you to accept the voucher or contact them if you want a refund, which you have already done so that should be the end of it but it's not...

If you do nothing, neithb click on anything than you just wait for the expiry date on the voucher to pass and then apparently your voucher will turn into a refund.

If you want to take that chance of ryanair remembering to refund you in a year's time then it's your choice ..

For me it's evident by the emails wording to hinder the process ..if you want to make sure you are in some sort of definite queue to get a refund than I would definitely speak to someone in chat as you have a recording of convo...

If you want to accept the voucher just click the link . .you will then have until the expiry date to use it ..

Thanks for replying to my question.

They really have set it up in such a way that accepting the voucher is the far easier option. While I would prefer to have my money back I just don't have the head space to be dealing with their games at the moment.

Let's just hope that the company stay afloat and that we do get to use our vouchers. I have almost €1000 clocked up.

Advertisement