Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭obi604

feck me, confusion already

I am on the refund screen and get the below., I ticked the box "To apply for a refund for ALL customers and for ALL flights booked on this flight reservation please click here "

https://imgur.com/a/q4nWhmU

Was expecting this to populate all the fields below, and add in the customer name etc

Do I manually have to add in the customer names as well as ticking this box

Edit: the way I did above was via the link in the cancellation email that I got from Ryanair.

I see there are 2 other possible ways

1. https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/
    2. Ryanair > Manage my booking > see cancelled flight and then > get a refund

each offer a slightly different screen

which is the best way to do it?

ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

obi604 wrote: »
    feck me, confusion already

I am on the refund screen and get the below., I ticked the box "To apply for a refund for ALL customers and for ALL flights booked on this flight reservation please click here "

https://imgur.com/a/q4nWhmU

Was expecting this to populate all the fields below, and add in the customer name etc

Do I manually have to add in the customer names as well as ticking this box

Edit: the way I did above was via the link in the cancellation email that I got from Ryanair.

I see there are 2 other possible ways

1. https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/
    2. Ryanair > Manage my booking > see cancelled flight and then > get a refund

each offer a slightly different screen

which is the best way to do it?

ryanair

I also saw several different screens depending on whether you went to the link in the email or through the cancellation notice in My Ryanair. I just ticked the box for cancel all people for all flights as that was what I wanted. I didn’t think it necessary to complete the other unless only part of the party or part of the flights were to be cancelled. Hope I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

has anyone who has applied through the link supplied with the recent emails got a confirmation email from RA as indicated in the final screen ?

2 days completed and still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    has anyone who has applied through the link supplied with the recent emails got a confirmation email from RA as indicated in the final screen ?

2 days completed and still waiting

No they don't confirm

No they don't confirm

at the end of the page it says there will be a confirmation email :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

at the end of the page it says there will be a confirmation email :rolleyes:

did you did it via the link in the email?

Do others get a confirmation mail if they do it another way?>

did you did it via the link in the email?

Do others get a confirmation mail if they do it another way?>
    I did it via the email link

I did it via the email link

right.

I haven't done mine yet, still not bloody sure of the best way to do it

1. via the link in the mail
    2. https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/
    3. Ryanair > Manage my booking > see cancelled flight and then > get a refund

right.

I did it via the email link also. But the manage my booking does have a different layout.

At the end there was just a screen saying "Thank you for your refund application. See below for details of your request" Then it listed the flight etc. and followed with "once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking".

Then a PRINT button so I printed it.
    I read the confirmation email to be coming when it has been processed not to acknowledge the application.

Stratvs wrote: »
    I did it via the email link also. But the manage my booking does have a different layout.

At the end there was just a screen saying "Thank you for your refund application. See below for details of your request" Then it listed the flight etc. and followed with "once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking".

Then a PRINT button so I printed it.
    I read the confirmation email to be coming when it has been processed not to acknowledge the application.

ya thats the same wording I got

Its a bit vague on the timeline in relation to "once approved", how long is a piece of string?

What are peoples thoughts on how long they are willing to leave it before following up?
    I'm of the opinion of 7 days from when I clicked for the refund, wife says I need to have more patience as its gone through but I'm a bit more skeptical than her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Its a bit vague on the timeline in relation to "once approved", how long is a piece of string?

What are peoples thoughts on how long they are willing to leave it before following up?
    I'm of the opinion of 7 days from when I clicked for the refund, wife says I need to have more patience as its gone through but I'm a bit more skeptical than her

I waited a while but its up to you .... Ryanairs strung is very long ..
    April 1st cancelled flights
    Applied for refund
    April 21st raised a chargeback and a flightrights case ..
    May 10th followed chargeback and flightrights up ..no update
    May 18th .... Still waiting

right.

which of these 3 is the best option?
    or are they all the one

which of these 3 is the best option?
    or are they all the one

Via the link in email ...

Refundclaim is more or less the same link

Sending a form isn't recognised from them as valid but at least you get a confirmation number that a form was sent if you want to screen shot it for your own records

I filled out the form via the link
    Contacted them on chat once a voucher was received
    Got chat log sent to me by email ..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

guys
    when submitting a complaint to https://secure.aviationreg.ie/

I purchased tickets for myself and 2 others. Do I put my details in "personal info" as a buyer or should I put people who I bought these tickets for

guys
    when submitting a complaint to https://secure.aviationreg.ie/

I purchased tickets for myself and 2 others. Do I put my details in "personal info" as a buyer or should I put people who I bought these tickets for

Yes, you bought the tickets so it's just the overall amount that you are owed . There isn't much space to write lots of info as they only give you a couple of hundred words

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I’m ok with a cancellation voucher, I’ll know I’ll use it, is there a link anywhere to the full t&c’s?

If you accept the voucher, do you get the code immediately or is there also a wait time?

Thanks

I’m ok with a cancellation voucher, I’ll know I’ll use it, is there a link anywhere to the full t&c’s?

If you accept the voucher, do you get the code immediately or is there also a wait time?

Thanks

Yes.. the info is all there on the email you receive. The link for the T&C's is included in the email. If you click the voucher as far as I know the voucher is ready for you to use ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How do you know there will be any travel without restrictions, I’m not optimistic at all about travel considering there’s the two week quarantine factor and also the high chance of a second and third wave and possible lockdowns coming again

I’d be more optimistic than you

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How do you know there will be any travel without restrictions, I’m not optimistic at all about travel considering there’s the two week quarantine factor and also the high chance of a second and third wave and possible lockdowns coming again

This person may be happy with the voucher ..it's everyone's choice....

"once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking".

Badly worded. Is it 20 working days and then 5-7 working days after that to be credited. Should probably read "withing the following 5-7.."

I'm not expecting anything from them for at least a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭paddy19

limabromac wrote: »

Sending a form isn't recognised from them as valid but at least you get a confirmation number that a form was sent if you want to screen shot it for your own records

Per Ryanair DAC Terms and Conditions 15.2.2 this is the official web page to request a refund under EU 261.

https://eu261compensationclaims.ryanair.com/
    Once you have completed this form and submitted it you have met the requirements. It is valid.

No need to phone, chat, email or anything else.

Keep screenshots of the requests.
    Ref: Ryanair T&C's:
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions/termsandconditionsar_197583062

You get the code immediately...

Thanks

T&C

Travel Vouchers are issued by the Ryanair Group, Ryanair Dublin Office, Airside Business Park, Swords, Ireland (hereinafter “Ryanair”).
    These Terms of Use apply to the use of the Ryanair Travel Vouchers. The Ryanair General Terms & Conditions of Carriage apply.
    Travel Vouchers are non-refundable and can only be redeemed on our website or app.
    Travel Vouchers are valid for 12 months after the issue date and they can be redeemed within that time on our site. The validity of the Travel Vouchers can't be extended.
    Travel Vouchers can only be redeemed in the currency of issue.
    Travel Vouchers can only be redeemed by the recipient of the voucher.
    If the total flight price exceeds the value of the Travel Voucher(s) used to pay for the booking, any price difference can be paid with by credit/debit card or with PayPal.
    If you don't use all of your voucher balance at one time, you can use your voucher code for future transactions.
    Travel Vouchers can be used as payment for flights, seats, priority, checked bags, fast track, baby equipment, music equipment, sports equipment, travel insurance and associated taxes, fees and charges (not car hire, transfers or hotel bookings).
    Passenger name changes are not permitted if a booking has been paid for using a Travel Voucher.
    Travel Vouchers are non-transferable.
    Ryanair reserves the right to withdraw or amend these Terms of Use at its reasonable discretion. Ryanair will notify customers of any changes in writing.

paddy19 wrote: »
    Per Ryanair DAC Terms and Conditions 15.2.2 this is the official web page to request a refund under EU 261.

Once you have completed this form and submitted it you have met the requirements. It is valid.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions/termsandconditionsar_197583062

Yes it is a valid form however there was a poster on here recently who was informed by ryanair chat that the only way to refuse the Voucher and get in the refund Queue was to fill out the link...
    There isn't a need to phone/chat or email but for peace of mind and to make sure you are in the correct refund Queue then I would rather get a response from someone to reassure myself ...

https://eu261compensationclaims.ryanair.com/[/url

This form is only for people who have flown or got stuck because of flight delays ..no EU compensation is given for a cancelled flight ..you only get your refund back not extra...

Yes it is a valid form however there was a poster on here recently who was informed by ryanair chat that the only way to refuse the Voucher and get in the refund Queue was to fill out the link...

There isn't a need to phone/chat or email but for peace of mind and to make sure you are in the correct refund Queue then I would rather get a response from someone to reassure myself ...

Ryanair will very quickly inform you that Ryanair chat is not authorised to change the published Terms and Conditions.

Obviously people are entitled to get whatever makes them feel comfortable but Ryanair will work you over if you have not followed exactly the right process.

So the onus is to follow the published T & C's first, everything else is optional.

Ryanair will very quickly inform you that Ryanair chat is not authorised to change the published Terms and Conditions.

Obviously people are entitled to get whatever makes them feel comfortable but Ryanair will work you over if you have not followed exactly the right process.

So the onus is to follow the published T & C's first, everything else is optional.

Yes exactly Paddy19.. Ryanair get technical when they want but they can't follow the law at all as they have left everyone hanging on for a long time for a refund/voucher....
    For me personally the best route is by far the link to request the refund initially after the flight has cxld ..then the link to reject the Voucher once the 21 days are up leads you to chat...it's up to the individual person if they want to wait in the queue to chat at this stage but Ryanair have asked you to accept or reject the voucher so people still need to do something or wait for a year until the voucher time limit has expired and then get a refund....
    I

Posted on the 14th May in the Small claims court thread ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by irelandspurs View Post
    I just used this form to state I wasn't accepting the voucher and wanted to continue for the refund.https://contactform.ryanair.com/

They told me on chat this week that that doesn't count. I filled in that form 5 weeks ago within minutes of getting the email.

Following up on a promise 7 weeks ago that I would get the balance refunded to PayPal within 28 days (and didn't) I got on to chat the other day. They had no record of me declining the voucher as it's not possible to do so via the form. I got an email confirming that I'd declined the voucher within minutes of ending the chat.

Yes exactly Paddy19.. Ryanair get technical when they want but they can't follow the law at all as they have left everyone hanging on for a long time for a refund/voucher....
    For me personally the best route is by far the link to request the refund initially after the flight has cxld ..then the link to reject the Voucher once the 21 days are up leads you to chat...it's up to the individual person if they want to wait in the queue to chat at this stage but Ryanair have asked you to accept or reject the voucher so people still need to do something or wait for a year until the voucher time limit has expired and then get a refund....
    I

do you mean to click on the link in the email from Ryanair saying flight is canclled ?

or some other link?

do you mean to click on the link in the email from Ryanair saying flight is canclled ?

or some other link?

Yes the initial link to request refund sent by ryanair after they have cancelled your flights...

• Advertisement

or some other link?

You don't have reject anything, you don't have chatbot or email, you don't have to talk to anyone.

Per Ryanairs T & C's 15.2.2 and EU261 you just have to request a cash refund once.
    They can't reject, they can't refuse, they can delay :(

This is the one and only link you should use:
    https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

Keep screenshots.

If the web page doesn't work send them a good old-fashioned letter with An Post to:

Refunds, Customer Service Department, Ryanair DAC, Airside Business Park Swords Co. Dublin.

Take a photo of the stamped envelope, no need to register.

Advertisement