Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine etc is everywhere?

Comments

There's some dodgy stuff around at the moment.

A friend of mine was addicted to the stuff, she's in recovery now but had a relapse lately. She was on it for a few days and woke up extremely ill and unable to move. She was brought to hospital by ambulance, and they found methamphetamines and some other stuff in her system as well as the coke. You just don't know what you're getting.

Even scarier though - when she bought it, she put the bag into her bra (as one does like.) It burned a huge patch of skin off her boob!! She's been left with a permanent scar from it. Now if it did that to her outside, imagine what it was doing to her insides. No wonder she was so ill!!

The whole experience scared her into getting clean again, thankfully.

No offense but that burn part sounds like one of those BS stories they tell you in SPHE class to scare you.

Fwiw you can get cheap disposable testing kits so you know what you’re getting - obviously your general punter isn’t testing their stuff but if one wanted to be conscientious about their drug use it’s pretty easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

No offense but that burn part sounds like one of those BS stories they tell you in SPHE class to scare you.

Nah I saw it, nothing made up about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wouldn’t be a fan. I’m well able to put away 10 pints anyway without needing a few snorts from Satan’s snuff pouch to keep going. Very overrated drug.

If you take too much of it you also get a dose of coke cock. There you are gagging for the ride, and not a fücking stir out of it. Worse than brewers droop by far. Not even tapping it off the bedside locker works. Dead as a fücking dodo and your mind racing with filthy thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

Correct me if I'm wrong..
    To digest cocaine in the first place, suggests a condition of want??
    The punter needs to be artificially propelled to a higher plateau..??
    How sad is that?
    One's own life is so inadequate, that one has to take mind altering substances to offset the reality of who they really are..
    And coke is a 'in' thing........
    Really??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

It just makes you more chatty, sociable, hyper, awake longer.

So basically like being drunk but with less negative consequences . :D Sign me up

How does it affect your ego thou :confused:

You sound really young and innocent.

You can't even grasp the fact that a mind altering drug could affect your personality or ego long term...

People that constantly take cocaine, or that feel on top of the world because of it, naturally have their ego affected, can become very cocky and not nice people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Cocaine, the abuse of it and mainly having to deal with insufferable people on it would be one of the many reasons why I stopped working in the music/entertainment industry. It's endemic there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Yes, everywhere. From what I can see it makes the weekend more bearable for those who are in denial about how unhappy they are in their mundane lives. My guess is the chemically induced self confidence, gives a temporary reprieve from their crushing lack of self esteem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Yes, everywhere. From what I can see it makes the weekend more bearable for those who are in denial about how unhappy they are in their mundane lives. My guess is the chemically induced self confidence, gives a temporary reprieve from their crushing lack of self esteem.

Much like alcohol then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Much like alcohol then!

Like alcohol with extreme added self interest and arrogance, yes.

Anyway in my younger days I much preferred a big bag of speed. Much more bang for your buck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

lawred2 wrote: »
    Same as

You both definitely know someone who takes it. I can guarantee that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Cocaine and Steroids seem to have lost any taboo they may have had before

The younger generation seem to look at them like our one (90s) did smoking, some do it some don't but its not a big deal to anyone ,Its just become normal for them if friends do par take, it's not even conversation worthy to them

Very sad and worrying

bigpink wrote: »
    I know no one that takes it or sells it at all

You definitely do and must be quite sheltered to think such a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

flanna01 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong..
    To digest cocaine in the first place, suggests a condition of want??
    The punter needs to be artificially propelled to a higher plateau..??
    How sad is that?
    One's own life is so inadequate, that one has to take mind altering substances to offset the reality of who they really are..
    And coke is a 'in' thing........
    Really??

Jesus, must be a new thing. It’s not like people have been taking mood altering drugs since Trog licked his first toad!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Phil Bogan

Imagine actually giving your money to some scumbag so you can ingest some **** drug that's been cut with God knows what?

This is why I have no sympathy when drug users od.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Phil Bogan wrote: »
    Imagine actually giving your money to some scumbag so you can ingest some **** drug that's been cut with God knows what?

This is why I have no sympathy when drug users od.

Well they don't exactly have the option to buy it uncut from an upstanding citizen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

i heard sigmund freud invented it, some mad pure liquid, he said only dumb people suffer addiction and wanted to ride his ma.

coke? a no thanks from me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Phil Bogan

cian68 wrote: »
    Well they don't exactly have the option to buy it uncut from an upstanding citizen

They could just not take drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Wouldn’t be a fan. I’m well able to put away 10 pints anyway without needing a few snorts from Satan’s snuff pouch to keep going. Very overrated drug.

If you take too much of it you also get a dose of coke cock. There you are gagging for the ride, and not a fücking stir out of it. Worse than brewers droop by far. Not even tapping it off the bedside locker works. Dead as a fücking dodo and your mind racing with filthy thoughts.

All bull****. U must have a limp dick Johnny and the coke wouldn't help ya anyway. I assume your speaking from experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Pub I worked in used to ask customers who ordered a coke 'would you like a bottle or a line?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Jesus, must be a new thing. It’s not like people have been taking mood altering drugs since Trog licked his first toad!!

Trog was a hero of mine, besides licking toads, he snorted caterpillars and other insects, fact his first stone and outer body experience was when his brother Trig hit him with a massive rock in the back of the head, he got a two day stone out of that. Poor Trig died shortly after if i'm not mistaken, he thought the ultimate high came from licking a sabretooth tigers left ball, needless to say, the tiger didnt need to hunt for a day or two after his meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

rapul wrote: »
    All bull****. U must have a limp dick Johnny and the coke wouldn't help ya anyway. I assume your speaking from experience

Less of the personals please, rapul. I normally have a boner you could hang a wet beach towel on. The few times I’ve overindulged in the sneachta I’ve got the Bolivian equivalent of brewers droop.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coke%20dick

Well known and widely discussed phenomenon. You’re barking up the wrong tree, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Less of the personals please, rapul. I normally have a boner you could hang a wet beach towel on. The few times I’ve overindulged in the sneachta I’ve got the Bolivian equivalent of brewers droop.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coke%20dick

Well known and widely discussed phenomenon. You’re barking up the wrong tree, dude.

Each to there own. I still say bull, that's just my opinion dude.
    And obviously I'm speaking from experience, go away with your urban dictionary!

Ok I've experienced that on many occasions the only thing I found when I woke the next morning I had a cock that could break concrete, so the moral of my story is morning sex after a coke night is the way to go. On the same subject I know friends after getting a pull on coke would start downing the little blue pill for the horn.
    I also have friends who have no problem giving a stiffie on coke. So maybe is a persons metabolism that decides whether they're hard or not. But for me is the morning after sex, I often wonder how I never broke a womans teeth when my cock changed into superhero cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

It's everywhere- even in the back arse of the countryside. Disgusting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Kylta wrote: »
    Ok I've experienced that on many occasions the only thing I found when I woke the next morning I had a cock that could break concrete, so the moral of my story is morning sex after a coke night is the way to go. On the same subject I know friends after getting a pull on coke would start downing the little blue pill for the horn.
    I also have friends who have no problem giving a stiffie on coke. So maybe is a persons metabolism that decides whether they're hard or not. But for me is the morning after sex, I often wonder how I never broke a womans teeth when my cock changed into superhero cock.

That wasn't coke you were taking if you were able to get hard.

Ok maybe I’m just not that clued in but everyone tells me it’s so easy to get Cocaine and other drugs.

I’m not disputing this but I just wonder how someone who is decent etc decides they need a bag of coke and knows who to call or where to look.

I’m from a small town and know people who take drugs but not sell

Any person who cannot score drugs in the modern age is either a hermit or removed from modern society. Ordering drugs is like ordering a take away. Everybody has access to drugs whether true a friend or a friend of a friend. And folks who take coke and thinks nobody knows their taking coke, well thats totally unrealistic too

Yew

Lets say I know what drugs I took(its a long time since I indugled), lets say unlike most people when I was doing coke, It was real coke not the the danced on stuff thats getting passed around at the moment.
    And the morning after I always had a stuffie if their was a woman in the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Relikk wrote: »
    Cocaine, the abuse of it and mainly having to deal with insufferable people on it would be one of the many reasons why I stopped working in the music/entertainment industry. It's endemic there.

I worked in a job where at social events it was all over the place literally. It used to be great craic, night out, at the dogs, town, local wherever.. few drinks, craic whatever... changed when a couple of grim idiots began working there.. if one..he wasn’t a part time dealer he was certainly the work do ‘distributor’.... he kept his job even though he broke a bag over a managers head by accident messing in the bathroom of a pub who was buying it off him there.

An outright cûnts drug, insufferable eejits on it definitely... don’t miss that craic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,810 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It can be got in any place in Ireland really.
    It’s depends on the social circle you mix in with in my experience.
    At college for example I was friends with two lots of people one group into going out, drinking,etc and I could have gotten anything I wanted really and the other group were into going out for food, cinema, watching films, etc and drugs wouldn’t have been mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Did the op score yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Cocaine is bad news , has destroyed the lives of a number of people I know . All fine starting out taking a Line or two . Before you know it you’ll be spending every euro you have on it . Then you will be hiding drugs for local traveller drugs gang and then if you fcuk up they’ll attack your family or burn your house down . It has destroyed rural ireland. .

Ket and MDMA were the drug of choice when I was in college. Cheaper than the sniff of Chuck and apparently better quality.

Never did either so I couldn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

Trog was a hero of mine, besides licking toads, he snorted caterpillars and other insects, fact his first stone and outer body experience was when his brother Trig hit him with a massive rock in the back of the head, he got a two day stone out of that. Poor Trig died shortly after if i'm not mistaken, he thought the ultimate high came from licking a sabretooth tigers left ball, needless to say, the tiger didnt need to hunt for a day or two after his meal.

didnt he live a stones throw from a family who all died of mysterious head injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yew

Lets say I know what drugs I took(its a long time since I indugled), lets say unlike most people when I was doing coke, It was real coke not the the danced on stuff thats getting passed around at the moment.
    And the morning after I always had a stuffie if their was a woman in the bed.

Do it regularly and in bigger quantity and you’ll end up in bed with a man . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Real Ecatasy in the early 90's was the best drug of all, Coke turns a lot of people into complete and utter arseholes, even people i know have changed so much because they are on it all the time, i dont really have any time for them anymore .

cj maxx wrote: »
    Do it regularly and in bigger quantity and you’ll end up in bed with a man . :)

That's actually happen to a couple of friends of mine, one in particular who I actually thought was homophobic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would be trying hard to not make toooooo much of a habit of it. Gets pricey and will catch up on you if you are on the right gear.

Stick to weddings and birthdays and enjoy yourself. Be careful at the start, it is mixed to phuck and batches vary. If you take toooooo much it can knock you out cold, no craic there. If you start sweating or getting confused get outside and stare at the stars for 20 minutes, even if it is raining. If it is 7.00 am on a Monday morning please ring in sick and go home and try to avoid the early house option. Thursday night was good enough while it lasted.

Avoid freebasing if possible, that is very very nice and will drain your wallet in weeks. Don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That's actually happen to a couple of friends of mine, one in particular who I actually thought was homophobic.

To some friends of mine too , although you can never really know if they were already gay/bi/curious before.
    I read a good book about cocaine and I think Freud had mentioned that it can bring up homosexual feelings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Am I the only person in the country who was never offered any type of illegal drug?
    Don’t believe I’d try it even if offered. A few pints of Guinness does me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tell me more, please?

Am I the only person in the country who was never offered any type of illegal drug?
    Don’t believe I’d try it even if offered. A few pints of Guinness does me.

Unfortunately not, the OP hasn't been offered any drugs either. That's why he started this tread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

You could be dropped into the remotest part of Ireland and within 20 mins you could have collection arrange.

The war on drugs has been a total and utter waste of time, money and resources.

The authorities need to hand out stiffer sentences for anyone caught using or selling drugs. How can you win the war on drugs, when users only get a slap on the wrist for personal possession?

It's not the serious drug addicts that drive the industry - it's the millions of recreational weekend users that are the real driving force behind these drugs and their high demand. It's the average person on the street that is keeping the drug cartels busy. Your few lines at the weekend are not as harmless as you think they are!

Just the same as the few serious alcoholics don't drive the drinks industry. It's average joe and jane bloggs who are responsible for that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Unfortunately not, the OP hasn't been offered any drugs either. That's why he started this tread

There’s two of us then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The authorities need to hand out stiffer sentences for anyone caught using or selling drugs. How can you win the war on drugs, when users only get a slap on the wrist for personal possession?

It's not the serious drug addicts that drive the industry - it's the millions of recreational weekend users that are the real driving force behind these drugs and their high demand. It's the average person on the street that is keeping the drug cartels busy. Your few lines at the weekend are not as harmless as you think they are!

Just the same as the few serious alcoholics don't drive the drinks industry. It's average joe and jane bloggs who are responsible for that too.

With alcohol, it’s reasonably enough priced that some ****èr won’t be smashing somebody’s head open to grab their cash to afford a few drinks. You can get drunk into oblivion on fifteen to twenty euros if you are not that fussy about WHAT you drink.

A gram of cocaine from what I’m reading, about 80 euros give or take ? It’s a social drug so taking it out, with friends...

Taxis...40

Drinks...35

Coke...80

Food... 20

An expensive night out in the city... 95 euros, no drugs... 175 with...

175 pays for about 9 weeks of petrol in my car.

Exactly paid for the flights for my last holiday.

Alcohol can fûck you up if you overdo it as in healthwise, cocaine can fûck you up anyway regardless.

Stiffer sentences do not work. You lock up one drug dealer, you have another dozen looking to take over his turf.

Countries that have the death penalty are still awash with drugs. If death is not a deterrent, you're pissing into the wind wanting stiffer sentences.

It's time to admit defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

SB71 wrote:
    Real Ecatasy in the early 90's was the best drug of all, Coke turns a lot of people into complete and utter arseholes, even people i know have changed so much because they are on it all the time, i dont really have any time for them anymore .

I'd argue, many drugs turns some people into arseholes, including weed, fresh air is a pretty good drug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd argue, many drugs turns some people into arseholes, including weed, fresh air is a pretty good drug

I'd argue there's many more than many using drugs and having no negative effect, and most likely a positive effect than anything, you just don't know because they seem "normal". Elon Musk, The Beatles, Charles Dickins, Freud, Stephen King, and on and on. You only ever hear of the bad stories, never the good ones. It's a akin to saying all Gardai are corrupt because of the few who are, or that all people living in a social council estate are scumbags.

Coke is fine, but as I say in every coke related thread (of which there are quite a few), it's about how you take it. People want to be Tony Montana and dive face first into a mountain of coke, but when it costs about €80/g, you'd want to be as rich as Scarface to be able to do that.

I don't do it that much anymore. I'm 37 and basically stopped drinking 4 years ago, aside from 2 or 3 sesh's for weddings and a gig. Take a small line, peps you up, keeps you awake, keeps you drinking, keeps you having fun. Snort too much, and it goes into locked jaw and anger stages. I lost use of the left side of my face one night from too much. But, a little line (or bump) every now and then is grand.

Saying that, I don't have a very addictive personality, so I don't think it's addictive, however I have a few mates who got addicted to it. Took them a while to get off it, but they were shovelling it up their noses.

Don't agree with your weed sentiment, only negative stoners I've encountered (and I was a very heavy smoker up to 2/3 months ago) are the ones who think they can handle it and subsequently pull a whitey (get sick) every. single. time. The rest are pure relaxed, great craic. But like every drug (including alcohol and caffeine), some people just don't mix with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Like alcohol with extreme added self interest and arrogance, yes.

Anyway in my younger days I much preferred a big bag of speed. Much more bang for your buck.

Speed - old skool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Speed - old skool

And horrible. Don't know how people take that dirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Speed - old skool

Loved it but the deep depression afterwards was just horrendous..

Coke is totally over rated and over priced..
    And everyone thats on it needs to tell you !!

Coked up lads are still better than drunk lads though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement