Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Lads I’m taking the girlfriend out now. Told her I booked a table. Surprised she is looking forward to playing a few frames.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From when BBC2 first started transmitting in colour back in the day

Commentator Ted Lowe on Pot Black was helpful as always
    "Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."

So which one of ye is this guy

https://youtu.be/n-rVtNQb5K0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I played 'Bonopoly' today.

It's like 'Monopoly', but where the streets have no name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Not sure how it is deemed essential but I am still working away making plastic Draculas at my job. There are only two of us left on the production line though so i've got to make every second count.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

As I sat down with a beer, my wife said, "paint the fence, clean the car, fix the roof...?"

"Go to Paris, have sex with a model and stay sober," I replied.

"What the **** are you on about?" she snarled.

"Oh," I said, "I thought we were talking about things I'm not going to do today."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The graveside service had just ended when there was a frightening clap of thunder, followed by a tremendous bolt of lightning accompanied by even louder thunder.

The little old man looked at the priest and said calmly, “Well, she’s there.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

A man once counselled his son that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his corn-flakes every morning.
    The son did this religiously, and he lived to the age of 93. When he died, he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren, and a 15 foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.

A Polish guy was walking through New York when he was accosted by a gang of 5 who demanded all his money off of him.

Not willing to allow himself be mugged a scuffle ensued and he managed to hold his own for 5 minutes. He eventually got tired and was unable to fight them off.

After which he was turned upside-down and shaken until all the money fell out of his pockets onto the pavement. About a dozen or so coins hit the ground. The small sum was then counted up.

Member of gang: "4 dollars and 38cents! You fought that hard over 4 dollars 38 cents?"

Polish guy: "I thought you were after the 4 hundred dollars in my shoe:confused:"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

BREAKING NEWS..

Swimming pools to re-open, but, due to continued social distancing rules..there will be no water in lanes 2, 4 and 6..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Why did the Spanish guy take anti-anxiety medication?

For hispanic attacks...

These new 3DTVs are so realistic. I was watching the Liverpool celebrations and my fúcking wallet was stolen!!..

A blonde was telling her mate she got a job at a bowling alley.

"Tenpin?" her mate asked.

"No, it's permanent" replied the blonde.

I only recently found out that Bruce Lee had a vegetarian brother

Broco Lee

Midwife for sale.

Can deliver.

I once had a teacher with a lazy eye.

She couldn’t control her pupils.

Going with a 'topical', slightly controversial one :o
    An oldie but......

Q How many cops does it take to change a lightbulb?

A None, they just beat the room for being black :eek:

:D Pushin' da boundries be allowed in comedy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Gave up my job testing treadmills - just felt I was going nowhere fast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

A man walks into a bar with a newt on his shoulder.
    "A pint for me, and a pint for Tiny please. "

Barman asks, "why do you call him Tiny?"

"He's my newt."

• Advertisement

Two Irishmen clinging on to an iceberg, and Paddy yells, "we're saved, we're saved... here comes the Titanic!"

I can tell when people are being judgmental just by looking at them

A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt...

Archaeologists believe it may be the famous 'Pharaoh Roche'

How much does Cockney Shampoo cost?

"Pan'tene"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Irish Gummint: Binge-drinking is bad, mmm'kay?

Irish Gummint: You have 105 minutes. Gentlemen, start your engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oscar1978

Medical advisors are asking people to be wary of a new craze sweeping through where people put alcohol in women's privates and drink it with a straw. They said to avoid "minge drinking"

• Advertisement

404 sleep not found!

Just back from a ladyboy Bee Gees tribute act. The She He's. They were good but not as good as my favourite Bee Gees cover band the Bees Knees.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My local Chinese takeaway has updated their menu. Anything 'Hong Kong Style' now comes battered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Was down at Tesco’s just now grabbing some crisps and a sandwich and the girl behind the counter asked if I wanted to go grab a drink? I told her I couldn’t as I had a girlfriend and she was like “no, it’s part of the meal deal”...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

A woman is in court today for tippexing all the fullstops in books in her local library.

She's expecting a long sentence..

• Advertisement

A bloke walks into the library, goes up to the counter and asks the librarian:

"I'm looking for a book on underage dwarf sex. Have you any in?"

"How can you stoop so low!!! ?" the librarian responds.

"That's the one" he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

What is the difference between a cheap hotel and wearing biker shorts?
    No ballroom.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Are those not commonalities, not differences :D

I just joined the tourettes society. I get sworn in tomorrow.

BREAKING: Cadbury's have just delivered a giant chocolate bar to The Bank of England...

It's a massive Boost for the economy!

If anyone knows how to get rid off ear wax please give me a shout!

Top Tip , if you get a peanut stuck in your ear ?

Pour in some hot chocolate and it'll come out a treat.

I had an earful of custard earlier. I was a trifle deaf.

I named my ipod, the Titanic.

...it's currently syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Heard a good joke about mosquitos earlier.

It was malarious.

• Advertisement

Chapman once became immersed in the study of dialectical materialism, particularly insofar as economic and social planning could be demonstrated to condition eugenics, birth-rates and anthropology. His wrangles with Keats lasted far into the night. He was particularly obsessed by the fact that in the animal kingdom, where there was no self-evident plan of ordered Society and where connubial relations were casual and polygamous, the breed prospered and disease remained of modest dimensions. Where there was any attempt at the imposition from without - and he instanced the scientific breeding of race-horses by humans - the breed prospered even more remarkably. He was not slow to point out that philosophers of the school of Marx and Engels had ignored the apparent necessity for ordered breeding on the part of humans as a concomitant to planning in the social and economic spheres. Was this, he once asked Keats, to be taken as evidence of superior reproductive selection on the part of, say, horses - or was it to be taken that a man of the stamp of Engels deliberately shirked an issue too imponderable for rationative evaluation?

The poet found this sort of thing boring, and frowned.
    'Foals rush in where Engels feared to tread,' he said morosely.

- Flann O'Brien

Keats once purchased a small Irish terrier, which he humorously named Byrne. The animal became a great favourite with the household, so you can imagine the consternation that greeted it's disappearance. Chapman and the servants searched high and low for the beast to no avail.

Keats, however, appeared unconcerned by the dog's disappearance and continued much as before, much to Chapman's annoyance. Chapman looked in on Keats one evening in the study. Keats had picked up the violin , a fair timber of the Stradivarian feciture, and was soon at work with chin and jaw. This annoyed Chapman, and he didn't hesitate to tell him so.

'And why' murmured Keats, ' should I not fiddle while Byrne roams?

- Flann O'Brien

Thanks to our mutual dislike of newspaper puzzles, my wife and I have enjoyed a long and happy marriage.

Thirty years and not a crossword.

What size wood was used to build the Ark?

2 by 2.

The two prison guards tasked with keeping a close eye on Mrs. Maxwell have been given a special dispensation allowing them to bring their Labradors to work.

My friend was telling me that he failed his exam in Aboriginal music.
    I asked , "Didja redo it?"

My wife messed up my jigsaw so I called the police.

They've charged her with disturbing the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Just a quick lesson on staying safe in the water at the beach this summer. It's possible while in the water to get tangled up in seaweed. Should this happen to you it's important to know the correct distress call....

"Kelp! Kelp! Keeeeeeeelp!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I don't know why Trump and everyone else is so miffed that coronavirus spiralled out of control? What do you expect with Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend in charge?

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I don't know why Trump and everyone else is so miffed that coronavirus spiralled out of control? What do you expect with Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend in charge?

Won't get fooled again when you're talking about My Generation.

Frank Sinatra was very fussy about the birds he kept in his aviary.
    Pelicans or penguins weren't allowed.
    Egrets? He had a few.

Yesterday I saw an ad that said,
    "Radio for sale, bargain at €5, volume stuck on full."

I thought, I can't turn that down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Sheridan81 wrote: »

:confused:

Advertisement