Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-10-2020, 12:55   #2461
tudderone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleCorp View Post
Give an inch and they'll take a mile. That's 100% the Irish authorities attitude when it comes to firearms.

I used to consider myself pretty reasonable and tried to see things from the authorities side. Take measures to reduce crime, I'm ok with that........................ But as I get older, all I can see is take, take, take by the authorities and the laws are doing sweet fcukall to reduce crime. The laws are only affecting law abiding citizens. Every couple of years something is chipped away from our sport. Soon there'll be nothing left.

I absolutely can see why the NRA in the States fight tooth and nail not to give one single inch.
The NRA is a dirty word to shooters in America now, GOA is where its at now.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2020, 20:12   #2462
Grizzly 45

Needs to shift out the La Pierre monarchy.Re incorporate in some different state and trim off the fat and wastage. And above all stop looking it is willing to compromise on every damn thing because the Fudd contingent is strong with them... GOA and JPFO are "no compromise" groups,but they haven't the numbers or the disciplined grassroots org that the NRA has,and they need that BADLY to make a difference in DC.
Thanks from:
19-10-2020, 20:58   #2463
tudderone

Thanks from:
23-10-2020, 21:25   #2464
Xtrail14

Didn’t think this query warrants a new thread so ask here, is it only when you get the license you see if you get a moderator. From what I read it’s an S on the licence.
Is it known from the grant letter?
23-10-2020, 21:31   #2465
Cass

Yes.

The grant letter does not state if the suppressor was granted, you only find out when the license arrives.
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 21:34   #2466
Xtrail14

Thanks Cass, if it isn’t is it a case of just accept that decision or appeal it?
23-10-2020, 23:41   #2467
Cass

Sorry for the delay, but my notifications for replies is lagging.

Short answer is yes, appeal.

Long answer is talk to the Super first, see if a meeting can be had and try to sort it out. If that fails seek a letter of refusal as you'll need this to appeal otherwise the refusal is word of mouth and the refusal is in "limbo" making an appeal almost impossible. Then lodge the appeal in court (doesn't cost much), and see if it gets overturned or as does happen the Super changes his/her mind before the court date.

The best advice i can give anyone is submit a good application. Give all the reason for needing a suppressor, and this usually Removes the Super's ability to refuse as you have shown you have done your homework and are prepared.
(2) thanks from:
24-10-2020, 13:33   #2468
Grizzly 45

FWIW, I'd also suggest that if the super says he will grant it with conditions attached, no matter how stupid they sound, to take it. I have a ridiculous condition that I can only use my.22 silencer on my own property and on ranges. But I can use my .308 anywhere I'm hunting or on a range in the 26. Go figure.

You can always appeal the conditions as vexatious and unreasonable at a later stage once you have the can on the end of your gun, which is the main point of this whole exercise.
24-10-2020, 13:51   #2469
BattleCorp

I applied for a moderator on an application about 5 years ago. When the licence arrived, no magic S on it. Went into the station, asked what the problem was. The Garda said she'd look into it. About 2 days later she came back and said someone forgot to tick the box for the moderator and that they'd sort it out. Four days after that I had the licence with the S on it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2020, 18:10   #2470
tudderone

German ex-spy chief warning that the chinese are on track for world domination. Wouldn't be surprised if this cursed virus was unleashed deliberately.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hief-says.html
26-10-2020, 19:15   #2471
Grizzly 45

Always had my doubts about Merkel from the get-go.
Even though my German fam are staunch CDU/CSU supporters [ CSU Bavarian state badge name party of CDU which is like FF on steroids and protein supplements...]
Came up too much in the GDR political system as a party brat and tout on her school and university classmates to the STASI to be a bit too dodgy to become a wholesome capitalist overnight and take on the role of Germany and the EU[SSR].
Even her dad was weird.:eek:As a Lutheran pastor,he moved into the GDR, when anyone sane was desperately trying to leave by any means possible to the West. Many paid with their lives in the effort to get to freedom.

She has been described as "Honeckers Rache"[Honecker's revenge][ Eric Honecker the deposed GDR dictator who died in South America always swore he would take revenge on W Germany and Europe for destroying the Communist state...Think he is succeeding with Angelika.
Thanks from:
26-10-2020, 19:20   #2472
Feisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly 45 View Post
FWIW, I'd also suggest that if the super says he will grant it with conditions attached, no matter how stupid they sound, to take it. I have a ridiculous condition that I can only use my.22 silencer on my own property and on ranges. But I can use my .308 anywhere I'm hunting or on a range in the 26. Go figure.

You can always appeal the conditions as vexatious and unreasonable at a later stage once you have the can on the end of your gun, which is the main point of this whole exercise.
Have heard of these oddball stipulations. Are these appended to the licence? As in do you have the S but with a star beside it. And that means look up the licence on pulse for additional requirements. What I’m getting at is you have the s. If you use it outside of whatever imaginative stipulations, how are you outside the law?
26-10-2020, 20:48   #2473
tudderone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
Have heard of these oddball stipulations. Are these appended to the licence? As in do you have the S but with a star beside it. And that means look up the licence on pulse for additional requirements. What I’m getting at is you have the s. If you use it outside of whatever imaginative stipulations, how are you outside the law?
I always wondered about these stipulations too, how far can the supers/chief supers go legally ? I heard of one CS telling a centrefire pistol shooter, the route he had to take from his home to the range, the exact roads, there and back again, if he needed petrol he was snookered as he would have to deviate from the route.

How far should they be allowed go in a democracy ?
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2020, 20:52   #2474
tudderone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly 45 View Post
Always had my doubts about Merkel from the get-go.
Even though my German fam are staunch CDU/CSU supporters [ CSU Bavarian state badge name party of CDU which is like FF on steroids and protein supplements...]
Came up too much in the GDR political system as a party brat and tout on her school and university classmates to the STASI to be a bit too dodgy to become a wholesome capitalist overnight and take on the role of Germany and the EU[SSR].
Even her dad was weird.:eek:As a Lutheran pastor,he moved into the GDR, when anyone sane was desperately trying to leave by any means possible to the West. Many paid with their lives in the effort to get to freedom.

She has been described as "Honeckers Rache"[Honecker's revenge][ Eric Honecker the deposed GDR dictator who died in South America always swore he would take revenge on W Germany and Europe for destroying the Communist state...Think he is succeeding with Angelika.

Thanks from:
27-10-2020, 00:53   #2475
Grizzly 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
Never actually noticed that. Must have a look at that tomorrow AM...
Later
Nope! No weird * or others on my Lic.

My take on this is, it is probably 99% BS and will be in 99% of cases never used as well, but is left there as a booby trap to claim that you broke the conditions of your licensing if they ever have a reason to refuse you and you were caught in a circumstance that was violating those conditions.

Last edited by Grizzly 45; 27-10-2020 at 11:44.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion