Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Anybody have any suggestions for a website selling nice wrapping paper/tags/bows etc? :)

Posy wrote: »
    Anybody have any suggestions for a website selling nice wrapping paper/tags/bows etc? :)

Dunnes? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a very interesting thing to be honest. My local Tesco has closed off Clothes, DVD's and something else.
    Another store has closed off toys as well.
    The staff haven't a clue what they are meant to do.
    Will they deem decorations essentially in a few days time?
    Halloween costumes are another thing.
    Hardware stores seem to a mixed bag also. Some places have everything and others don't.
    When the stores reopen in a few weeks it will be interesting to see how they are stocked with Christmas stock. is decorations, Christmas themed items such as bed linen, jumpers, decorations, etc

Couldn't find that much in my local Dunnes this year. Although, all my Christmas ribbons (all 400 of them :pac: ) are Dunnes bought.

Couldn't find that much in my local Dunnes this year. Although, all my Christmas ribbons (all 400 of them :pac: ) are Dunnes bought.

Did you have a look here? :)

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/make-christmas/christmas-gifting/gift-boxes-bags-and-wrap

• Advertisement

Actually now that I've looked myself, it appears they removed stuff or sold out since I last looked!

Here's a link to home store

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/gift-wrap-accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fuming watching back old winterval videos on YouTube

Fecking virus and it cancelling everything. Loved Winterval

Does anybody know how Lidl and Aldi are fixed for their non food special buys?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The middle aisle in both are operating as normal :)

They're still advertising their special buys for this week coming, so I assume they'll keep going ahead.

• Advertisement

The middle aisle in both are operating as normal :)

They're still advertising their special buys for this week coming, so I assume they'll keep going ahead.

My one was operating as normal Yesterday. I can see Tesco and Dunnes kicking up a fuss tough about certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

If any fellow boardsies were to spot a table top Xmas tree, preferably with LED lights, please let me know. Would love them for my kids rooms and maybe kitchen too. Budget 20-30 euros. TIA :)

I spotted some ideal ones on Jysk online.

https://jysk.ie/christmas/christmas-trees

Last lockdown, delivery was a nightmare with them but hopefully they’ve got their act together now.

Batgurl wrote: »
    I spotted some ideal ones on Jysk online.

https://jysk.ie/christmas/christmas-trees

Last lockdown, delivery was a nightmare with them but hopefully they’ve got their act together now.

I wanted a few bits with them but they don’t offer delivery on some of their Christmas items!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Yeah they’re normally have vintage style tree decorations, just a few baubles so far

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

kitten_k wrote: »
    Which one is that?

Maynooth

We're into the fifties!
    In the fifties we experience Halloween, First of November and Christmas ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Had what felt like a real Christmas weekend. Lots of time at home, decorations up (Halloween, not Christmas yet!), kids in their onesies, playing games, watching movies, eating treats. Really made me long for the real thing. Not too long now :)

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Lovely long weekend here... off today but have to deal with life admin.. bills, appointments etc

Abit of news for you all I am expecting my first baby early March we have passed the halfway point now still so hard to believe and doesn't seem real but we are delighted and excited living in our own little bubble at home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

SarahLil wrote: »
    Abit of news for you all I am expecting my first baby early March we have passed the halfway point now still so hard to believe and doesn't seem real but we are delighted and excited living in our own little bubble at home
    Congrats Sarah !
    Great news !
    You will have your own little Elf soon enough and Christmas 2021 will be absolutely magic !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm off for the week and I'm not sure it's the best thing for me right now, emotions are all over the place, trying to stay positive and less angry with the world but it's a constant battle. Having no gym to go to either is having a massive impact. In a weird way I'm looking forward to this Christmas more then any other year and no amount of lockdowns is going to stop me enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Lovely long weekend here... off today but have to deal with life admin.. bills, appointments etc

Congratulations that is happy news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh huge congratulations SarahLil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

Congratulations SarahLil. Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Whoop Whoop!!! Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations 🥳. It’s lovely to hear good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Brilliant news :) Con'grats to the two of you and you get to play Santa next year :D

Congratulations, SarahLil!! :D

I hope you're doing okay, Lord Spence- feel free to come and talk or vent here anytime you're feeling down, you're certainly not the only one experiencing more downs than ups right now. x

• Advertisement

Congratulations SarahLil! Lovely to hear good news stories at the moment!!

Advertisement