Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

polydactyl wrote: »
    Just found out I have to have emergency surgery with six weeks recoup next week....fecking delighted I was organised and Christmas Santa was done....now to make sure I don’t go mad online shopping from Boredom......but I will :) so nice of the country.....I’ll miss work as I was one of those essential workers allowed out to meet other people at work for sanity ��

Best wishes for the surgery and the bank balance during your recovery:D

polydactyl wrote: »
    Just found out I have to have emergency surgery with six weeks recoup next week....fecking delighted I was organised and Christmas Santa was done....now to make sure I don’t go mad online shopping from Boredom......but I will :) so nice of the country.....I’ll miss work as I was one of those essential workers allowed out to meet other people at work for sanity ��

Best of luck, hope it all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Turkey Crown, Ham, stuffing for the dinner tomorrow!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh yum!

Best wishes for your surgery, polydactyl!

6 weeks recovery- at least you won't be missing out on much. :pac:

Be sure to let us know how you are, and post here as much as possible to make sure you don't get bored!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Went into Aldi for groceries and came out with the most gorgeous wooden toys. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Turkey Crown, Ham, stuffing for the dinner tomorrow!

Have been practicing making Yorkshire puddings the past few weeks. So far they’re terrible:D then onto sausage stuffing. Practice dinner 29th November, hungry just thinking of it

I've never associated yorkshire puddings with Christmas- always have them with a nice roast.

Making myself hungry now too, good thing I'm getting a nice Indian takeaway tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    I've never associated yorkshire puddings with Christmas- always have them with a nice roast.

Making myself hungry now too, good thing I'm getting a nice Indian takeaway tonight. :D

Ooh, Indian.... our favourite!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh Indian is my favourite too.

What’s your meal of choice?

• Advertisement

Normally chicken tikka- I'm considering a korma, but I can sense Smithy from Gavin and Stacey's distain at that. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Normally chicken tikka- I'm considering a korma, but I can sense Smithy from Gavin and Stacey's distain at that. :pac:

Korma is my favourite I don’t care if it’s boring haha

FINE, you've twisted my arm. :pac:

We learnt to make butter chicken during lockdown, it's lovely and all, but not the same as a proper Indian takeaway. Enjoy! :)

We'll be having takeaway pizza :D (not dominos so no orange cookies)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm so jealous I just moved to the back arse of no where and the nearest takeaway you would need to sell a kidney to get through to them on a Saturday 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We have most of our Christmas present in so decided to wrap them today :D all done just need to get a few small bits and wrap them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=530464&d=1603555381

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Now I want a takeaway too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We are having a Chinese :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ve now decided I’m having a Chinese :D

I turned on Christmas music in an attempt to wind himself up. But now I can't bring myself to turn it off.

Also I put up my first Christmas decoration last week. I thought maybe he wouldn't notice and I could sneak in a decoration or two every week but he noticed surprisingly quick! Not that he minded or anything. He just thinks I'm weird. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Korma is my favourite I don’t care if it’s boring haha

Lamb vindaloo all the way peas pilau rice, and a garlic, onion and coriander naan. Onion bajhi for starter..... mmmm
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Lamb saag for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Homemade cheese and bacon burgers and chips here. Traditional Saturday night, food in the sitting room with a movie. Nice takeaway costs a fortune these days cos the older two don't do kids meals anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We’re getting fish and chips from restaurant!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I'm so jealous I just moved to the back arse of no where and the nearest takeaway you would need to sell a kidney to get through to them on a Saturday 😭😭😭

Our takeaway pizzas were picked up after work yesterday, and are currently waiting for the oven to preheat. We live a good trek away from civilisation so if we get a takeaway, we usually get enough for two days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Fancied picky food, picked up a selection of party food bits in Supervalu for dinner infront of the fire

enjoy elves

Well since everyone's sharing... We're making homemade pizzas.

Homemade burger and actifry chips with beer battered onion rings for myself tonight :)

I turned on Christmas music in an attempt to wind himself up. But now I can't bring myself to turn it off.

Also I put up my first Christmas decoration last week. I thought maybe he wouldn't notice and I could sneak in a decoration or two every week but he noticed surprisingly quick! Not that he minded or anything. He just thinks I'm weird. :D

I’m so excited for Christmas this year. Thankfully with being off next week, when I’m back to work it’s November and sure that’s when crazy season begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

I’m always wary of starting Xmas talk with mine too early. I’m a planner and he’s ... not ... so even though he loves the festive season I have to pick my moment.

Well imagine my absolute delight on Friday when he walks into my office and asks “when is too early to start watching Christmas movies?”

I want to marry him all over again :D:D:D

Advertisement