Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Sarahlil, massive congratulations to you both. It's a lovely time or pregnancy so enjoy.

Lordspence, reach out and chat to people if you can. Also maybe try going for a walk every day. It might be as effective as the gym but the fresh air is great for the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thank you everyone you are so kind

Lordspence, as it was already said reach out and chat to people if you can, we are all here for you too
    Also maybe try going for a walk every day. Its not the gym but the fresh air is great for the head.

I find writing things down in a nice note book I have.....for awhile I was overwhelmed throughout all of this and I had so much to do and think about I didn’t know where to start....
    But writing down what I wanted to achieve daily even down to having a healthy breakfast and ticking it off the list really helped I even wrote down make time for the Christmas forum, be kind to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

SarahLil wrote: »
    Lovely long weekend here... off today but have to deal with life admin.. bills, appointments etc

Abit of news for you all I am expecting my first baby early March we have passed the halfway point now still so hard to believe and doesn't seem real but we are delighted and excited living in our own little bubble at home

Congratulations Sarah, wonderful news! As others have said already Christmas will be extra magical for you now :)
    All the joy in the world to you and your partner.

Thanks again everyone
    Yes looking forward to many Christmas’s to come xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lovely long weekend here... off today but have to deal with life admin.. bills, appointments etc

Abit of news for you all I am expecting my first baby early March we have passed the halfway point now still so hard to believe and doesn't seem real but we are delighted and excited living in our own little bubble at home

I'm overjoyed for you. I was married 14 years before my baby finally arrived and it has been the most wonderful experience. Congratulations!!

Huge congratulations!! :D I'm cooking dinner and did a little happy dance, so exciting! I love baby news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Congrats Sarah, babies bring much joy.
    I’m due a delivery myself a few days before the 25th so it’s been Christmas on steroids around here to get all the other kiddos sorted out for Santa and before teeny elf arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh loving the baby talk. My little fella is 14 months today and I'm so looking forward to Christmas morning this year. Got him waaayyy too much but sure he deserves it ;)

My husband just did the weekly shop and to get to use his €10 off voucher in Dunnes he"had" to buy a tub of Quality Street...the brat :D

screamer wrote: »
    I’m due a delivery myself a few days before the 25th so it’s been Christmas on steroids around here to get all the other kiddos sorted out for Santa and before teeny elf arrives.

More babies! :) Congratulations! :D

• Advertisement

I’m in great company around here with all you great parents xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Congrats on all the babies. They make Christmas so special. Our first was 2 weeks old for his first Christmas and 2nd was a month old for his. I then had an almost nine months pregnant Christmas - not quite as much fun.

Wow amazing so exciting lucky kiddos xx wishing you all the best

Awh jellybear it will be a magical Christmas with your little guy xx
    I like your husbands thinking with the Dunnes voucher

I'm off for the week and I'm not sure it's the best thing for me right now, emotions are all over the place, trying to stay positive and less angry with the world but it's a constant battle. Having no gym to go to either is having a massive impact. In a weird way I'm looking forward to this Christmas more then any other year and no amount of lockdowns is going to stop me enjoying it.

I can understand how you feel, I felt lost when I wasn't working for a few months. A routine helped a lot, and I started doing HIIT work outs at home by following videos on YouTube. I also took breaks from being online as I found that the news and social media was adding to my mental load. On particularly bad days, I tried guided meditation on YouTube, or did a bit of yoga, and it really helped. I also avoid overly chatty radio stations and stick to easy listening stations, or just throw on Spotify. It won't be long now until we have Christmas FM live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Thanks everyone I don't contribute to this forum that much but it really is my happy place on the internet. Definitely some great suggestions and advice, and will be starting walking tomorrow with my wife and couch to 5k with my daughter. All will be right in the world anyways once Christmas FM starts :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

Aww massive congratulations SarahLil & Screamer, wishing you both well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Lord Spence the couch to 5km is a great start and with the family too!! I did something similar many moons ago. After being fit and playing loads of sports I got injured, stopped playing anything, got very big and was also struggling with work, mentally and generally in a bad place. I then meet my OH and she got be out walking. I was at the point that from playing a whole season two years prior to where I couldn't run, I had a few surgeries but it was due to weight/fitness. It got me very down and the spiral was there as I comforted myself with food. So my OH got me to walk and then jog for 10 seconds (as I am not kidding that was my limit), than each day we upped the jog. Baby steps. Worked a treat mentally, the physical side is nice but the mental buzz from exercise is the keeper.

Anytime you need a chat just pm one of us.

I am meant to have a three day weekend this weekend so i am going to attempt pumpkin carving. I did a good one of the dog before (what site is best to upload pics to boards?) and i want to try and do Peter Rabitt for the little one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

@jude13

I use imgur.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Aw congrats SarahLil and Screamer, delighted for you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was up in Airside last night and went into Woodies. Lots of Christmas decoration out and sale started already. Then went down to Home Store & More and all their decorations were cordoned off, sign up to say they cant sell anything in this area as non essential.

I know some other places are selling decorations. Don't understand why HSM aren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Con'grats Screamer :)

Elf2 was born the 4th Jan- i remember that Christmas been on tender hooks that they might come early and would send Christmas in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got a nice surprise when I collected my Tesco order. Looking forward to trying the biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Jude13 wrote: »
    Lord Spence the couch to 5km is a great start and with the family too!! I did something similar many moons ago. After being fit and playing loads of sports I got injured, stopped playing anything, got very big and was also struggling with work, mentally and generally in a bad place. I then meet my OH and she got be out walking. I was at the point that from playing a whole season two years prior to where I couldn't run, I had a few surgeries but it was due to weight/fitness. It got me very down and the spiral was there as I comforted myself with food. So my OH got me to walk and then jog for 10 seconds (as I am not kidding that was my limit), than each day we upped the jog. Baby steps. Worked a treat mentally, the physical side is nice but the mental buzz from exercise is the keeper.

Anytime you need a chat just pm one of us.

I am meant to have a three day weekend this weekend so i am going to attempt pumpkin carving. I did a good one of the dog before (what site is best to upload pics to boards?) and i want to try and do Peter Rabitt for the little one.

It must be so hard going from playing regular sports to nothing at all, finding the excercise you enjoy is half the battle and team sports is brilliant, social interaction, teamwork and excercise in a competitive way is without doubt an amazing outlet. I can see how losing that would send u the opposite way but fair play for finding a way back, we would be lost without our OHs :-)

Thanks Jude13 for the offer of a chat, I definitely feel much better today and going to go for that long walk with the wife. Before all this covid stuff I never experienced any form of sadness anger I was always solid like that but wow this is a rollercoaster.

Oh god not sure what is the best site for pic uploads, I know when I try to attach some before direct via the thread my file sizes are usually too big, be interesting to see how the carving goes

WFH this morning lots done, now for some lunch and online browsing of Home Store and More

I don't need any decorations as such this year, maybe some baubles I bought light up twigs last year and I never got around to putting them up so I want to put them in a nice vase with baubles in the end of the vase
    Looking for some nice Gold picks to thicken garlands, red and gold too thicken out an artificial Christmas hanging basket myself and my late godmother made

Which reminds me Home Focus is good for stuff like that, if anyone else needs a browse

Does the Range do anything like the above? If anyone can let me know please

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lidl have just confirmed on Facebook.
    No toys, Christmas Decorations, non essential items will be sold!

Awh No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So have Aldi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

kitten_k wrote: »
    So have Aldi

Is the middle aisle not sacred?!?!

Advertisement