Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Weather is nice in the evenings, 5 star hotel, so I guess sitting watching football while drinking expensive tea makes sense to some :(

525227.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

smurfjed wrote:
    Weather is nice in the evenings, 5 star hotel, so I guess sitting watching football while drinking expensive tea makes sense to some

It wouldn't do it for me but each to their own I suppose and if we all thought the same, the world would be a boring place.

Just put the wee fella down there. He is such a joy. He only turned one around six weeks ago and he's the loveliest, easiest little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

smurfjed wrote: »
    Weather is nice in the evenings, 5 star hotel, so I guess sitting watching football while drinking expensive tea makes sense to some :(

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=525227&d=159915928

There would need to be some good half time entertainment & a few mid game beverages to justify that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I feel like I'm in Ireland circa 1983, listening to a match on the radio. Ireland v Bulgaria. No crowd noise, but that was normal in Dalymount Park back then and it was never live on the telly. :D Except its 2020 and the match is on now with no fans there. Sky Sports. Pubs not open in my area, so can't watch it with a few pints as I normally would. If you sit down for pub grub, you wouldn't see or hear the telly anyway.:rolleyes:

Fooked up times!

• Advertisement

This time last week I was pubside. Tonight I am couchside with a glass of wine and a bowl of super noodles. A mix of the adult and the 19yr old. Much like myself :D

@Onshuh Happy belated birthday to the little fella :) My special friend's daughter turned 17 this summer. The speed at which they grow makes you feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Looking out at the solar lights brightening up the place , time for a salt and vinegar crisp sandwich I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Looking out at the solar lights brightening up the place , time for a salt and vinegar crisp sandwich I think !

I was just thinking I'm going to put mine away for the autumn and winter soon. After the horrid weather they've got wet and some are starting to malfunction.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, listening to some music and replying to some emails

Hasn't been the best week (migraines etc):(, hopefully, it's just a blip

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside contemplating life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside contemplating life :)

Contemplating life is not usually followed by a smiley face, I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Cupán tae anois agus an cistin a ghlanadh.

Gonna put my sheepskin booty slippers on now. Been wearing sandals all day and my toes are cold. God, this is a riveting post, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Cupán tae anois agus an cistin a ghlanadh.

Gonna put my sheepskin booty slippers on now. Been wearing sandals all day and my toes are cold. God, this is a riveting post, isn't it?

I was just thinking tonight sandal weather might be coming to a close soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I need to get some boots for the winter and a new coat. Think I'll be spending money tomorrow . Perhaps some snuggly jam jams, too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I was just thinking tonight sandal weather might be coming to a close soon.

It will be turf and stew from now on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and hot cross bun.

Your all very good Irish scholars here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I was just thinking I'm going to put mine away for the autumn and winter soon. After the horrid weather they've got wet and some are starting to malfunction.

Tbh I'll miss looking out seeing them shining away , brightening up the place PM .
    I'll leave them up until there's no glimmer of light from them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭thomil

Laptopside again, feeling about as shattered as HMS Warspite after Jutland...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tbh I'll miss looking out seeing them shining away , brightening up the place PM .
    I'll leave them up until there's no glimmer of light from them :pac:

I'm too stingy to buy more next year so I'm trying to make sure this year's one's make it there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Im going to the dentist tomorrow, wish me luck :o not looking forward to it at all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside trying to since of this nations league thinking-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Deskside with a cupan tae and hot cross bun.

It was actually a cinnamon bun.

Wide awake, don't think I'll sleep well tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Erranged

Is there a lot. of British people posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Erranged wrote: »

Oi guvnor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Erranged

Oi guvnor

Im one but I got that distinct impression

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, just catching up on some emails and then a trip to the land of nod,
    Night all and take care

Erranged wrote: »

On Boards in general? Quite a few, on this thread, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭thomil

Definitely not a Brit here, though I am a naval history enthusiast, hence the HMS Warspite remark.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Erranged wrote:
    Im one but I got that distinct impression

There's heaps. They're everywhere those blighty blighters.... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement