Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current affairs in Sweden

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is how they operate. Not meeting you with facts but with measured outrage and disapproval.
    No-one that isn't like them should be allowed any position of note.
    Diversity bad, conformity good.

I am not a moderator in this forum, just another poster like yourselves.

Gotta hand it to them somehow, robbing while protecting for Covid
    Woman robbed by people in face masks
    Outside Willys in Björkekärr in Gothenburg, a woman in her 35s was robbed.
    She was robbed by three people wearing yellow life jackets and blue face masks.

The woman was kicked in the stomach, threatened with a knife and ordered to give up her car keys before the perpetrators drove away with her car, a black Land Rover.

Police are searching the area with several patrols and helicopters.

https://live.aftonbladet.se/supernytt/news/5f2abe749a19ca0011553b67

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

biko wrote: »
    This is how they operate. Not meeting you with facts but with measured outrage and disapproval.
    No-one that isn't like them should be allowed any position of note.
    Diversity bad, conformity good.

I am not a moderator in this forum, just another poster like yourselves.

Would you get off the stage! You post every single crime those damn doity moooooooselems commit and WE are against diversity?
    Come on once and for all, why Sweden? What did they do to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Come on once and for all, why Sweden? What did they do to you?
    Sweden is likely of interest as a prime example of things to come.

Under even moderate forecasts, it will become 20% Muslim by 2050.
    Higher migration forecasts put it at 30%, this will be the highest of all EU states by 2050.

This from single digits (8% 2016) and much lower at the turn of the century, is perhaps one of the biggest changes to human geography, including customs and ideologies, for any country, in hundreds or thousands of years, considering it's all taking place within just 50yrs, a generation and a bit.

State owned mining company LKAB hired Sraj Banda, 2011 immigrant from Zambia, and wrote an article about how great it was for diversity and inclusiveness to have him work for them in far northern town of Svappavaara.
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:me1jKNFEG9EJ:https://www.lkab.com/en/news-room/news/lkab-attracted-sraj-to-svappavaara/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

The article is now removed as it transpired Sraj committed hundreds of rapes against two local girls, 11 and 12 years old.
    He got one pregnant, but fortunately Sraj knew a doctor that was willing to perform an abortion on the child.

Sraj was convicted in July 2020 and can now look forward to 14 years in prison, which is the maximum penalty the court could hand out for this type of crime.
    https://petterssonsblogg.se/2020/08/04/zambier-valdtog-tva-minderariga-flickor-i-sju-ars-tid-doms-till-fangelse-i-14-ar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    A twelve year old Polish girl was shot and killed by a stray bullet during a gang shoot out in Sweden.

https://www.rt.com/news/497011-sweden-girl-killed-gang-shooting/

Sweden seems to be experiencing a level and a type of crime one would not have thought imaginable just a few years ago. What’s going on over there?

Just another example of the failure that is multiculturalism

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Its plain to see something has gone wrong in Sweden with the multiculturalism, but just how bad has it got, the media is covering up for the failure as best it can, but the truth continues to leak out slowly.
    We have had our own Irish media doing the same in the last few years as well.

sweden.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Would the Swedes close down part of the country because a cluster of illegal immigrants have Covid?

Well, yes they probably would. We are fast catching up with this liberal death wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

da_miser wrote: »
    Its plain to see something has gone wrong in Sweden with the multiculturalism, but just how bad has it got, the media is covering up for the failure as best it can, but the truth continues to leak out slowly.
    We have had our own Irish media doing the same in the last few years as well.

sweden.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/20150518084438/http://www.expressen.se/administration/thomas-mattsson-chattade-om-kriminaljournalistik/
    ”Vitpixling”, som alltså handlar om att man i Photoshop förändrar en bild så att man inte ser att exempelvis hyn är mörk, har inte gjorts för att missleda någon. Det har varit ett sätt att tidigare försöka undvika att identifiera den omskrivne, alltså ett sätt att försöka efterleva ”Etiska spelregler för press, tv och radio”. Men jag tycker att vi hellre ska avstå bild helt i sådana fall.
    "Whitepixeling", which means using Photoshop to change a picture so that one doesn't see for example if the person is dark, has not been done to mislead anyone. It was a way of trying to avoid identifying the person being written about, in order to attempt to comply with the "Ethical rules for newspaper, tv and radio". But I think we should instead entirely refrain from using a picture in such cases.

I could say I'm surprised to see right-wing conspiracy theories being floated in threads like this but that'd be a lie. Also the story is from 2010, so hardly "current" affairs in Sweden.

But why let something like the truth get in the way when you need to seed the idea that you're under siege by durty forrins?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I could say I'm surprised to see right-wing conspiracy theories being floated in threads like this but that'd be a lie. Also the story is from 2010, so hardly "current" affairs in Sweden.
    Did the same outlets ever do "blackpixeling" for pale faces? If so then game ball, if not then that leads more credence to the whitewashing(no pun) of certain aspects of their society.

But why let something like the truth get in the way when you need to seed the idea that you're under siege by durty forrins?
    Have certain crimes associated with minorities increased in Sweden. Again if so then there's a point to be made.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Night of Horrors at a Cemetery in Sweden: Teen Boys Buried Alive and Raped

Two teenagers, aged 18 and 21, are suspected of abducting, raping, robbing and assaulting two teenage boys last weekend in Sweden at Solna Cemetery.

Aftonbladet afternoon newspaper the alleged perpetrators would have even buried their victims alive in a pit in the cemetery
    https://tv6.news/night-of-horrors-at-a-cemetery-in-sweden-teen-boys-buried-alive-and-raped/
    For some reason the perps are referred to as "teenagers" even though one is 21.

This is just the latest of humiliation crimes spreading in the country. It's not enough to just rob someone, you have to crush them too.
    It's been around for 15 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

this is the new police station in Rinkeby, Stockholm. Also known as Little Mogadishu due to the large number of Somalians living there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinkeby#Social_unrest
    In June 2010, and again in 2014, the Rinkeby police station was attacked by rioting local youths; in 2014, it was shut down.

In 2017, the construction of a new, more robust police station in the area was delayed, due to construction companies being unwilling to tender for the contract due to security concerns over attacks on equipment or threats towards employees. Owing to the threat level, and that people in the area were resisting the building of a police station, the construction site was given security guards. In August 2018, the construction site for the new police station was attacked by unidentified assailants. They used a car to force the gate and threw rocks and fireworks at security guards. The assailants then set the vehicle afire.

This is also Philip O'Connor's local police station, but don't count on him to tweet about this.

524542.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

this is the new police station in Rinkeby, Stockholm. Also known as Little Mogadishu due to the large number of Somalians living there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinkeby#Social_unrest

This is also Philip O'Connor's local police station, but don't count on him to tweet about this.

524542.jpg

Young and Vibrant, I think they call it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That police station reminds me of the Fort Apache (film) in the Bronx.
    Are the Swedes regressing so much as a society that they have to resort to these types of structures for police stations. Not very welcoming for victims of crime, is it?
    The question needs to be asked by the people of Sweden if that type of multiculturalism worth it?
    This should also serve as a canary in the coalmine for Irish people. Do we want something like this in places like Ballbriggan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

You’d wonder what the hell has happened Sweden

It used to be considered almost a byword for the highest standards of living in Europe.

And now.....?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have been to most countries in Europe at this stage. Whenever anybody asks me about ever going to Sweden I'm like "errr no thanks". There is nothing endearing about the place any more.

The safest places I have felt whilst travelling have been in the Far East and beyond the Iron Curtain. The Italian/French cities, Belgium, Germany, have become absolute cess pits. Especially around the train and bus stations.

I have been to most countries in Europe at this stage. Whenever anybody asks me about ever going to Sweden I'm like "errr no thanks". There is nothing endearing about the place any more.

The safest places I have felt whilst travelling have been in the Far East and beyond the Iron Curtain. The Italian/French cities, Belgium, Germany, have become absolute cess pits. Especially around the train and bus stations.

Ludicrous comment. I’ve been there countless times and it’s one of the safest places I’ve ever been. You’re taking your well known hatred of fordiners adding Bikos ridiculous agenda and coming up with complete nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭1641

Ludicrous comment. I’ve been there countless times and it’s one of the safest places I’ve ever been. You’re taking your well known hatred of fordiners adding Bikos ridiculous agenda and coming up with complete nonsense.

Don't think any of this is an innocent coincidence. Sweden has been targetted by the white nationalist agenda and Russian disinformation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/europe/sweden-immigration-nationalism.html

Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown. Threads like this don't exist as a place for discussion but to compile every conspiracy and lie purported by the far-right for dissemination to the faithful, the foolish, and the overly credulous. Where the rule of the day is "correlation is causation, when it backs up my racist beliefs".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

https://tv6.news/night-of-horrors-at-a-cemetery-in-sweden-teen-boys-buried-alive-and-raped/
    For some reason the perps are referred to as "teenagers" even though one is 21.

This is just the latest of humiliation crimes spreading in the country. It's not enough to just rob someone, you have to crush them too.
    It's been around for 15 years or so.

When I clicked on the second link it brought me straight to an advert for a musical about Edith Piaf starring none other than Gretta Thunberg's mother and sister Malena and Beata Ernman.

It's funny how the left in this thread mimics the left in Sweden.
    No letfies has come out to say "what a horrible crime" about the churchyard torture , instead they have attacked the messenger as racist.
    I suppose the left is the same everywhere *shrugs*

What's funny is how you lot only ever post about crimes by people of certain skin colours. I suppose the right is the same everywhere.

No Biko we all think it’s a terrible crime we are just wondering why you are posting about it. Don’t pretend you care about these people. You could not care less. All they are to you are proof of some sort of impending apocalypse.

No Biko we all think it’s a terrible crime
    Good, then we agree on something.
    Do you think it could have been prevented?
    Do you think it can happen here?
    If so, how can that be prevented?
    Is there something you personally can do?

Images of people serving life sentences right now in Sweden.
    Soon hopefully the churchyard torturers will join them.

62cb4e28-c3dd-4e81-8760-c713cedc2970.jpg

The guy with the headphones, 4 in, 1 down is the Uzbek Rakhmat Akilov, a terrorist that drove a lorry over many people wounding many and killing 5 in Stockholm.

Rakhmat Akilov requested chocolate and cake to celebrate the anniversary of the attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

It's funny how the left in this thread mimics the left in Sweden.
    No letfies has come out to say "what a horrible crime" about the churchyard torture , instead they have attacked the messenger as racist.
    I suppose the left is the same everywhere *shrugs*

I can't speak for the other people in the thread but I would think it goes without saying that certain crimes are reprehensible.The kind of platitudes you are referring to tend to only come from people like yourself who seem to think some crimes are worse when committed by a foreigner.

This is boring. Does anyone want to engage around the actual crimes or facts instead?
    No-one have asked about the perps of the torture, shouldn't you go looking for facts about them as I didn't mention anything? Or did you jump to conclusions?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

1000000% this . Frankfurt Rome Berlin are three train stations ive visited recently and they were just thronged with north african loiterers from dawn to dusk. There was a malevolence in the air. Paris doesn't feel very French any more either. A nasty un-nerving place.

This is boring. Does anyone want to engage around the actual crimes or facts instead?
    No-one have asked about the perps of the torture, shouldn't you go looking for facts about them as I didn't mention anything? Or did you jump to conclusions?

Stop with the bull**** will you? You’ve no interest at all about discussing anything. This thread is just a news dump for you to show how ****ed you think Sweden is. You know NOTHING about Sweden. I’ve asked you several times to explain why it’s only Sweden you post about and gotten nothing back. As I’ve said before you have a MASSIVE chip on your shoulder about a country you’ve clearly never been too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Phil Bogan

A couple of years ago the police in Malmo warned women not go out after dark as there were so many gang rapes occurring. Sweden used to be held up as this model country for the rest of us to follow, now it's becoming a third world nation.

• Advertisement

Phil Bogan wrote: »
    A couple of years ago the police in Malmo warned women not go out after dark as there were so many gang rapes occurring. Sweden used to be held up as this model country for the rest of us to follow, now it's becoming a third world nation.

A third world nation? Really? In what way exactly? Another bull**** post from someone who probably couldn’t point to Sweden on a map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

A third world nation? Really? In what way exactly? Another bull**** post from someone who probably couldn’t point to Sweden on a map.

Just take a look at the join date and post number and reconsider engaging.

Advising women not to go out after dark so as to avoid gang rape is third world. A few other stories I've seen from Sweden:

A woman raped on a train by a stranger
    A Somalian convicted of sexually assaulting Swedish schoolgirls
    An African beating a woman on a train and telling her he's 'raped white whores before'

Also, two 'Swedish' gang bangers given life sentences in Denmark for murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Importing large amounts of people from parts of the world with entirely different cultures, who can't speak the language, with little or no employment prospects and consigning them to a life of welfare dependence in various ghettos results in increased crime...who would have guessed.

A Somalian was recently convicted for raping a child at knifepoint as she walked home from school. This was the second child he raped since arriving in Sweden.

No Biko we all think it’s a terrible crime we are just wondering why you are posting about it. Don’t pretend you care about these people. You could not care less. All they are to you are proof of some sort of impending apocalypse.

Perhaps he's from Sweden and is angry at what immigration has done to his country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You’d wonder what the hell has happened Sweden

It used to be considered almost a byword for the highest standards of living in Europe.

And now.....?!

and now what ?

RTEs " man in sweden " philip o connor never mentions anything about issues with crime amongst immigrant communities

he wouldnt withhold the truth , would he

Phil Bogan wrote: »
    Perhaps he's from Sweden and is angry at what immigration has done to his country?

Except he's not and is obviously not. Anyone who's been here for any length of time knows biko's Irish like most people here. He's just another bitter right-winger trying to frame a narrative of immigrants all being dangerous criminals. That's all this entire thread is. The right (particularly the American right, who're a big influence on these types) is absolutely obsessed with Sweden and any immigrant even tangentially involved in a crime.

All this guff about "importing criminals" is just so transparent. But apparently we're all meant to act like they're not cherrypicking examples that fit their narrative because noticing that is "boring".

Except he's not and is obviously not. Anyone who's been here for any length of time knows biko's Irish like most people here. He's just another bitter right-winger trying to frame a narrative of immigrants all being dangerous criminals. That's all this entire thread is. The right (particularly the American right, who're a big influence on these types) is absolutely obsessed with Sweden and any immigrant even tangentially involved in a crime.

All this guff about "importing criminals" is just so transparent. But apparently we're all meant to act like they're not cherrypicking examples that fit their narrative because noticing that is "boring".

Ok but how do you know for sure he's Irish?

It's interesting that rather than being upset by the violence in Sweden, you are more upset that Biko is talking about the violence.

Lastly, there is no reason we shouldn't be talking about violence committed by migrants. There are no rules to prevent Europeans from doing so.

• Advertisement

The majority of rapes in Sweden are committed by migrants. The vast majority of stranger and gang rapes are committed by migrants. This is not a right wing conspiracy, you can read this is on the BBC website.

And yet we are not supposed to talk about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

akin to a low level insurgency

Swedish Social Democrat feminists Heléne Fritzon, Elin Gustafsson and Carina Ohlsson have started campaigning for men that buy sex to have their children taken from them.
    https://www.expressen.se/debatt/pappor-som-koper-sex-ska-anmalas-till-socialtjansten/

An investigation in Uppsala city shows 80% of sex buyers are foreigners.
    https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/7531721

Swedish Social Democrat feminists "...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Swedish Social Democrat feminists Hel Fritzon, Elin Gustafsson and Carina Ohlsson have started campaigning for men that buy sex to have their children taken from them.
    https://www.expressen.se/debatt/pappor-som-koper-sex-ska-anmalas-till-socialtjansten/

An investigation in Uppsala city shows 80% of sex buyers are foreigners.
    https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/7531721

Swedish Social Democrat feminists "...."

Reverse...REVERSE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Protesters against the burning of a Koran by far-right supporters in Sweden have clashed with police during several hours of rioting.

Cars were set on fire and shop fronts were damaged in the clashes in the southern city of Malmö which have now been brought under control. There were several arrests.

Earlier on Friday, police barred far-right Danish politician Rasmus Paludan from attending the Koran-burning rally.

His supporters went ahead regardless.

Swedish police turned Mr Paludan back at the border, saying there was a two-year entry ban for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53959492

A Danish man burns the Koran in Sweden so the muslims start burning innocent people's cars and throw rocks at the police. Makes sense

A Danish man burns the Koran in Sweden so the muslims start burning innocent people's cars and throw rocks at the police. Makes sense

Why are muslims so fragile?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

In India a muslim dude abused hindu gods on FB. In response a Hindu called prophet Muhammad a pedo. Muslims burned the city of Bangalore demanding his arrest. This was about 2-3 weeks ago.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/bengaluru-three-killed-in-police-firing-as-mobs-riot-mlas-kin-held-for-facebook-post/articleshow/77515499.cms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

DelaneyIn wrote:
    In India a muslim dude abused hindu gods on FB. In response a Hindu called prophet Muhammad a pedo. Muslims burned the city of Bangalore demanding his arrest. This was about 2-3 weeks ago.

India must be struggling with pub closures as well!

During the riots
    https://twitter.com/michaeldickson/status/1299928575345405963?s=19

10 years ago:
    "I never thought I would see this hatred again in my lifetime, not in Sweden anyway," Mrs Popinski told The Sunday Telegraph.

"This new hatred comes from Muslim immigrants. The Jewish people are afraid now."

Malmo's Jews, however, do not just point the finger at bigoted Muslims and their fellow racists in the country's Neo-Nazi fringe. They also accuse Ilmar Reepalu, the Left-wing mayor who has been in power for 15 years, of failing to protect them.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/7278532/Jews-leave-Swedish-city-after-sharp-rise-in-anti-Semitic-hate-crimes.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭1641

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/bengaluru-three-killed-in-police-firing-as-mobs-riot-mlas-kin-held-for-facebook-post/articleshow/77515499.cms

Mob violence against Muslims in India is much more common than the other way around. Have you posted or linked to any of that? Given your general level of interest in India? Or is it because you are only interested in finding stuff that supports your agenda? And the agenda of this thread?

Advertisement