Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

As far as I can see, that study is based on a small sample of cases investigated by police in a 2 year period. Rape support groups claim that 80 to 90% of rapes are not reported to police so the study is severely lacking in representation.

There is quantum ugliness in that statement. You are using the under reporting of rapes to challenge immigrant rape stats but yet failing to realise that what you are fundamentally saying is that criminological study of all rape is untrustworthy. A deeply harmful statement.

Danzy wrote: »
    One of the ways they figured it out was the no. of Rapist questioning that needed an interviewer.

Progressive Sweden tried its best to cover the problem but that was over looked.

Interpreter?

Finland is maybe better to examine than Sweden from our point of view as we have comparable population size and low immigration historically like them. They have found that 18% of sex crime now involves non nationals. There was a recent huge scandal with a grooming gang raping childten as young as 10 over long periods of time, one child committed suicide, it caused big political swings and politicians had to come out and make strong statements re the evil that had been imported and the need for more deportations.

"The number of rapes reported to authorities rose by 7.5 per cent to 1,338 and that of sexual harassment by almost 28 per cent to 529 in 2018. The number of rape reports remained below the previous year’s level for more than half of last year before rising between August and September.

Finnish authorities were also notified of a total of 1,363 cases of child sexual abuse, representing an increase of nearly 17 per cent from the previous year.

Statistics Finland reminded, however, that the number of rape and child sexual abuse reports tends to vary noticeably on a year-to-year basis and that a single report may consist of several offences.

Rapid increase in Helsinki
    The Police of Finland cast light on its preliminary statistics on sex crimes earlier this week, reporting that foreigners accounted for a disproportionately large share (25%) of sex crimes reported in Finland. Foreign nationals make up fewer than five per cent of the total population of the country.

The preliminary statistics show that foreigners were suspected in over 19 per cent of child sexual abuse and 34 per cent of rape cases in 2018.

The statistics also show that sex crime reported to authorities increased most rapidly in Helsinki in 2018: the number of rape reports rose from 194 to 254 and that of child sexual abuse reports from 121 to 205.

“Overall, the number of events is considerably higher in Helsinki,” Pekka Heikkinen, a chief superintendent at the National Police Board, commented to Uusi Suomi on Monday.

Foreigners were suspected in nearly 54 per cent of rape and 32 per cent of child sexual abuse cases reported in the Finnish capital""

This is a quote from a Helsinki paper.
    https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/finland-news/domestic/16126-statistics-finland-rape-reports-increased-by-7-5-in-finland-in-2017-2018.html

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Gynoid wrote: »
    There is quantum ugliness in that statement. You are using the under reporting of rapes to challenge immigrant rape stats but yet failing to realise that what you are fundamentally saying is that criminological study of all rape is untrustworthy. A deeply harmful statement.

No, I'm saying you can't use such a small and specific subset of incidents to make accurate logical assumptions about all the rest. When you do that you introduce a bias into the equation which is very harmful to investigations and safe prosecutions.

• Advertisement

No, I'm saying you can't use such a small and specific subset of incidents to make accurate logical assumptions about all the rest. When you do that you introduce a bias into the equation which is very harmful to investigations and safe prosecutions.

Look up at the post above.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

But I guess condensing all that into a simplified headline suits you just fine.
    It's a "headline' backed up by stats from France, Germany, Sweden and Finland. That's a lot of "headlines" and in different languages too.
    Gynoid wrote: »
    Though one TBH I would find some agreement with. EG the 90% of crimes go unreported. How are they proving a negative? It's a figure of supposition at best and a figure plucked out of the ether at worst.
    No, I'm saying you can't use such a small and specific subset of incidents to make accurate logical assumptions about all the rest.
    As I've pointed out before this does not mean all non nationals are rapists. Never mind that "non nationals" is a very broad group. However it does mean going on the statistics from more than a few countries that some non nationals/cultures are more likely to be involved in this crime(even as victims) and the incidence goes up when there are more non nationals. Grenade attacks were unknown 20 years ago in Sweden, now they're an all too regular occurrence and they are crimes of a non national flavour.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Here's a bar chart for Finland:

496441.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

How could anyone defend that

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oslo 2011
    A report released by the (Oslo) police on Wednesday states that all assault rapes
    during last year were committed by men with a non-Western origin.

All the reported rapes during the last 5 years are done by men with a foreign origin.
    https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/all-reported-rapes-in-oslo-by-foreigners-police/news-story/15145ecd2d4b6183342dc90032ccebf6

note - this isn't Sweden but it's closest neighbour
    The blogger seems to think it's not really all but a majority. It's all there in the link.

Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6k9P7L3tYk

BBC, Norway now offer classes for immigrants how to deal with women
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JQW8DIrskE
    An interesting bit of info at 6.20 mins in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

How could anyone defend that

Paging 20cent now.

biko wrote: »

:( That kicking on the back of the neck...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Nothing to see here, move along please blah ... blah .... blah, multiculturalism, cultural enrichment ......... yawn ..... yawn

Here's a bar chart for Finland:

496441.png

Because it can be very difficult to get statistics and reports in European countries where the ethnicity of the attacker is sometimes/often not published for reasons of political correctness, I thought it would be interesting to google reports about what it is like regarding rape in the countries of origin of many immigrants. I include Wikipedia links. It is sobering and distressing reading. It is not just women - many boys and men are raped. The attitudes that are uncovered are archaic and brutal. It reminds me of a time many years ago when I spent a couple of years living in India and there were so many women I met who lived very circumscribed lives because of a prevalent threat of rape. The warnings frrom women not to be alone anywhere were regular. I did experience assaults there but nothing like others did, like girls needing medical attention who were raped in the hospital, or girls travelling alone being casually molested. The engrained attitudes towards women are very different in other cultures - and even differ within a culture with some who are are more educated, modern and enlightened, and others who are encultured by the example they grow up with into regarding particularly women as worthless.

A young woman imprisoned in Tikrit, north of Baghdad, sent a letter to her brother last summer, appealing for help. The woman, named Dalal, wrote that she was pregnant after being raped by prison guards.

The brother asked to visit her. Guards obliged. The brother walked into her cell, drew a gun and shot his visibly pregnant sister dead.
    https://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-iraq-rape-2009apr23-story.html

Rape in Afghanistan is a crime which can be legally prosecuted, but in practice it is very rarely reported, because of the immense risks that women face if they report it. Rape victims in the country face a double risk of being subjected to violence: on one hand they can become victims of honor killings perpetrated by their families, and on the other hand they can be victimized by the laws of the country. Women also undertake many smaller personal risks to their social status and daily life: they can be charged with adultery, a crime that can be punishable by death. Furthermore, they can be forced by their families to marry their rapist which is especially likely if the woman becomes pregnant
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Afghanistan

In Algeria and Tunisia the law still allows rapists to avoid prosecution by marrying their teenage victims; Article 326 of the Algerian Penal Code and Article 227 of the Tunisian Penal Code lets perpetrators of such sexual violence walk free.
    https://www.amnesty.org.uk/sexual-violence-algeria-tunisia-and-morocco

According to Women's Studies professor Shahla Haeri, rape in Pakistan is "often institutionalized and has the tacit and at times the explicit approval of the state". According to lawyer Asma Jahangir, who was a co-founder of the women's rights group Women's Action Forum, up to seventy-two percent of women in custody in Pakistan are physically or sexually abused. ....Child sexual abuse is widespread in Pakistani Islamic schools. In a study of child sexual abuse in Rawalpindi and Islamabad, out of a sample of 300 children 17% claimed to have been abused..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Pakistan

(The above Wikipedia page re Pakistan is particularly horrible to read ).

According to a study, some commonly-expressed views on rape were given to individuals from various professions, who were asked to agree or disagree; results recorded that 33% of the police officers agreed that "some women deserve rape", 66% of police officers, as well as nearly 50% of other professional groups except the psychologists about 18% and 27% of psychiatrists, suggested that "the physical appearance and behaviors of women tempt men to rape.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Turkey

A recent report from UN Women found that more than half of men in Morocco admitted to having sexually harassed a woman or girl, with “more than 60% of women reporting such unwanted attentions”. Although the loophole that allowed rapists to escape prosecution by marrying their underage victim was closed in 2014, said the report, “around 60% of men and almost half of women continued to support the idea that a woman who is raped should marry her attacker”.
    https://themedialine.org/news/featured/rates-rape-sexual-violence-high-middle-east/

Other -
    https://themedialine.org/news/featured/rates-rape-sexual-violence-high-middle-east/

Around 140 Swedish foreign fighters are believed to have returned from Syria and Iraq, out of at least 300 who travelled to the region to join Islamist groups.
    The country is believed to have one of the highest Isis fighters per capita in Europe, although it sits far behind France, the UK, Belgium and Germany in terms of numbers.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-isis-fighters-city-lund-returning-jihadis-housing-job-education-benefits-reintegration-a7371266.html
    A 31-year-old man with links to Isis has been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with a shooting in Örebro in central Sweden last week, public broadcaster SVT reports.
    The man is one of around 20 to 30 people from Vivalla who have travelled to Syria and Iraq to join terror organizations in recent years, according to SVT.
    https://www.thelocal.se/20180709/returned-isis-fighter-held-over-orebro-sweden-shooting-reports
    A former IS fighter who posted photos of himself trampling on the corpses of Syrian soldiers and was once accused of attending a terrorist camp and spreading propaganda, is now demanding damages from the Swedish government.
    The man, formerly known as Bherlin Gildo but who has since changed his identity upon returning to Sweden, was one of the country’s first jihadists to travel to fight alongside Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS). And now he is trying to use Sweden’s benefits culture to his advantage
    https://www.rt.com/news/468165-is-fighter-demands-damages-sweden/

In April the right wing nationalist party The True Finns were only .2% away from being the most popular party in Finland.

Apparently in recent survey they now are the most popular party.

Finland is meant be happiest country in the world we hear now and again.

Telling and worrying.

However we need to ask why that is and not just name call or whatever which does no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Who'd have taught that taking in loads of people from the 3rd world would be beneficial to a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In April the right wing nationalist party The True Finns were only .2% away from being the most popular party in Finland.

They got more of the vote in 2011.

The Social Democrats made the most gains and are the biggest party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Her nose looks the same and why in the name of God would the Swedish police want to doctor her photo. It's unwise to believe random stuff you read on twitter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

By far the biggest shock for me is how different her profile pic is compared to her ID pic. :eek: You'd get a shock if you matched her on Tinder anyway.

The "story" sounds like a load of my arse TBH. Another example of the ubiquity of victim signalling by damned near every group, right, left, whatever you're having yourself. If I were to look too closely at my own ID pic I'd require the services of a shrink and plastic surgeon in short order.

Me. Going out. After I did.

the-elephant-man.jpg?w=645&h=362

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Mules wrote: »
    Her nose looks the same and why in the name of God would the Swedish police want to doctor her photo. It's unwise to believe random stuff you read on twitter.

Why indeed, but she claims it happened.
    And then you are guessing it did not, based on nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

He’s very adept at swinging from the bars to plant his feet into that fellas chest. Remarkable agility but that reminds me a video has emerged of some of our own modern youth causing havoc on a train involving a knife:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/4P1fegZAJdfd/

Could be your mother having to suffer sharing a carriage with that. It’s not right.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    He’s very adept at swinging from the bars to plant his feet into that fellas chest. Remarkable agility but that reminds me a video has emerged of some of our own modern youth causing havoc on a train involving a knife:

Could be your mother having to suffer sharing a carriage with that. It’s not right.

See few elder Women in that video. Not right. Bet they got away with it too. I used get trains from Cork to Dublin regularly and never once seen this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

No we’d tune into the gaa, have a few cans be grand like. Different breed.

In a response tweet a user show it is just a the technology and not a doctored image for the Jewish journalist.
    So the guessing can stop and fact presented.
    https://twitter.com/inashmdn/status/1203290078090612736

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Bobblehats wrote: »

New Irish with English accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

New Irish with English accents. Cultureless scum.

For those who don't know, "New Irish" means black immigrants. It's a racist dog whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

For those who don't know, "New Irish" means black immigrants. It's a racist dog whistle.

It's what the media themselves have been calling them, albeit in a positive light.

Dunno why the media doesn't just call them 'Irish', am I 'old Irish' then?

Advertisement