Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, pretty thorough article.
    But could Sweden's approach to ethnicity and crime statistics be about to change? The current Social Democrat government has said further statistics in the area are not needed.

The The centre-right opposition Moderate party disagrees, saying studies should be commissioned detailing the ethnic background of perpetrators of sexual crime in particular

Sweden Democrats back the Moderate calls for fresh stats on ethnicity and crime, but general opinion also seems to be shifting as it's not only the right who want to see more detailed figures.
    At their February party conference the Left Party backed the gathering of statistical data on ethnicity as part of anti-discrimination measures.

Calls for more thorough statistics were again heard after the Aftonbladet tabloid this week published a report on gang rape, finding that out of 112 people found guilty of gang rape in 2012-2017, 82 were born outside of Europe.
    So the only party opposed to collecting these stats is the Social Democrat government, and probably their sidekick, the Greens.

Someone was complaining that there isn't enough white Swedes in this thread.

They do commit crimes too of course - here is one.
    Kevin Axelsson, Johny Gustavsson and Magnus Berg invaded the home of a 74yo and demanded money.
    In the process they used scissors to cut off her oxygen hose, seen below.
    All three men known to police for all kinds of drug-related crimes.
    Syrgas-2.jpg

M-nster-s-r-n-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

^^^^
    Horrendous looking scum there. Prison uniform (I assume) awfully strong echo of our own native scum's streetwear.

Why import more, is a question Sweden could ask itself.

12yo Adriana shot dead last night in Sweden in a drive-by shooting (she was not the intended victim).
    Apparently half Iranian/half-Polish.

Polish news about her killing:
    https://www.se.pl/wiadomosci/swiat/szwecja-12-letnia-polka-ofiara-gangsterskich-porachunkow-szokujace-doniesienia-medialne-aa-se5w-rMwT-2YSN.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Are they Incorrect ?

You’re completely missing my point about this thread. It’s just a place for Biko to vent his anti Sweden/anti mooooselem bull****. As I said before if you only look for bad news......

Still haven’t had an explanation for the thread either. I suspect we’ll be left waiting.

• Advertisement

Feel free to start your own thread for good or bad news if you like.
    I expect you won't though.

biko wrote: »
    Feel free to start your own thread for good or bad news if you like.
    I expect you won't though.

You’re dead right. I won’t. It would be as utterly pointless as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

A twelve year old Polish girl was shot and killed by a stray bullet during a gang shoot out in Sweden.
    A drive-by shooting near the Swedish capital has left a 12-year-old girl dead, stoking shock and outrage as the government once again vows to step up policing and impose harsher sentences to stop a wave of gang violence.
    The young girl, who has not been identified by authorities, was shot early on Sunday morning near a McDonalds in a suburb south of Stockholm, later dying in hospital from her injuries. The victim is not believed to have been the intended target in the shooting, but was hit by a “stray bullet” fired at two men said to be tied to a criminal gang, according to local press reports.

Justice Minister Morgan Johansson has dubbed the incident a “heinous atrocity,” saying he was “dismayed and shocked” to hear of the shooting while vowing to mobilize “more police” to prevent similar tragedies in the future and impose “harsher sentences” on criminals.

https://www.rt.com/news/497011-sweden-girl-killed-gang-shooting/

Sweden seems to be experiencing a level and a type of crime one would not have thought imaginable just a few years ago. What’s going on over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

It’s all he does.

Worst part is he's a moderator, a de facto representative of boards. Shocking stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Worst part is he's a moderator, a de facto representative of boards. Shocking stuff

Yes all the mods should think exactly like you do. Boards will then be ideologically pure.

• Advertisement

This is how they operate. Not meeting you with facts but with measured outrage and disapproval.
    No-one that isn't like them should be allowed any position of note.
    Diversity bad, conformity good.

I am not a moderator in this forum, just another poster like yourselves.

Gotta hand it to them somehow, robbing while protecting for Covid
    Woman robbed by people in face masks
    Outside Willys in Björkekärr in Gothenburg, a woman in her 35s was robbed.
    She was robbed by three people wearing yellow life jackets and blue face masks.

The woman was kicked in the stomach, threatened with a knife and ordered to give up her car keys before the perpetrators drove away with her car, a black Land Rover.

Police are searching the area with several patrols and helicopters.

https://live.aftonbladet.se/supernytt/news/5f2abe749a19ca0011553b67

This is how they operate. Not meeting you with facts but with measured outrage and disapproval.
    No-one that isn't like them should be allowed any position of note.
    Diversity bad, conformity good.

I am not a moderator in this forum, just another poster like yourselves.

Would you get off the stage! You post every single crime those damn doity moooooooselems commit and WE are against diversity?
    Come on once and for all, why Sweden? What did they do to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Come on once and for all, why Sweden? What did they do to you?
    Sweden is likely of interest as a prime example of things to come.

Under even moderate forecasts, it will become 20% Muslim by 2050.
    Higher migration forecasts put it at 30%, this will be the highest of all EU states by 2050.

This from single digits (8% 2016) and much lower at the turn of the century, is perhaps one of the biggest changes to human geography, including customs and ideologies, for any country, in hundreds or thousands of years, considering it's all taking place within just 50yrs, a generation and a bit.

State owned mining company LKAB hired Sraj Banda, 2011 immigrant from Zambia, and wrote an article about how great it was for diversity and inclusiveness to have him work for them in far northern town of Svappavaara.
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:me1jKNFEG9EJ:https://www.lkab.com/en/news-room/news/lkab-attracted-sraj-to-svappavaara/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

The article is now removed as it transpired Sraj committed hundreds of rapes against two local girls, 11 and 12 years old.
    He got one pregnant, but fortunately Sraj knew a doctor that was willing to perform an abortion on the child.

Sraj was convicted in July 2020 and can now look forward to 14 years in prison, which is the maximum penalty the court could hand out for this type of crime.
    https://petterssonsblogg.se/2020/08/04/zambier-valdtog-tva-minderariga-flickor-i-sju-ars-tid-doms-till-fangelse-i-14-ar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    A twelve year old Polish girl was shot and killed by a stray bullet during a gang shoot out in Sweden.

https://www.rt.com/news/497011-sweden-girl-killed-gang-shooting/

Sweden seems to be experiencing a level and a type of crime one would not have thought imaginable just a few years ago. What’s going on over there?

Just another example of the failure that is multiculturalism

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Its plain to see something has gone wrong in Sweden with the multiculturalism, but just how bad has it got, the media is covering up for the failure as best it can, but the truth continues to leak out slowly.
    We have had our own Irish media doing the same in the last few years as well.

sweden.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Would the Swedes close down part of the country because a cluster of illegal immigrants have Covid?

Well, yes they probably would. We are fast catching up with this liberal death wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

da_miser wrote: »
    Its plain to see something has gone wrong in Sweden with the multiculturalism, but just how bad has it got, the media is covering up for the failure as best it can, but the truth continues to leak out slowly.
    We have had our own Irish media doing the same in the last few years as well.

sweden.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/20150518084438/http://www.expressen.se/administration/thomas-mattsson-chattade-om-kriminaljournalistik/
    ”Vitpixling”, som alltså handlar om att man i Photoshop förändrar en bild så att man inte ser att exempelvis hyn är mörk, har inte gjorts för att missleda någon. Det har varit ett sätt att tidigare försöka undvika att identifiera den omskrivne, alltså ett sätt att försöka efterleva ”Etiska spelregler för press, tv och radio”. Men jag tycker att vi hellre ska avstå bild helt i sådana fall.
    "Whitepixeling", which means using Photoshop to change a picture so that one doesn't see for example if the person is dark, has not been done to mislead anyone. It was a way of trying to avoid identifying the person being written about, in order to attempt to comply with the "Ethical rules for newspaper, tv and radio". But I think we should instead entirely refrain from using a picture in such cases.

I could say I'm surprised to see right-wing conspiracy theories being floated in threads like this but that'd be a lie. Also the story is from 2010, so hardly "current" affairs in Sweden.

But why let something like the truth get in the way when you need to seed the idea that you're under siege by durty forrins?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I could say I'm surprised to see right-wing conspiracy theories being floated in threads like this but that'd be a lie. Also the story is from 2010, so hardly "current" affairs in Sweden.
    Did the same outlets ever do "blackpixeling" for pale faces? If so then game ball, if not then that leads more credence to the whitewashing(no pun) of certain aspects of their society.

But why let something like the truth get in the way when you need to seed the idea that you're under siege by durty forrins?
    Have certain crimes associated with minorities increased in Sweden. Again if so then there's a point to be made.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Night of Horrors at a Cemetery in Sweden: Teen Boys Buried Alive and Raped

Two teenagers, aged 18 and 21, are suspected of abducting, raping, robbing and assaulting two teenage boys last weekend in Sweden at Solna Cemetery.

Aftonbladet afternoon newspaper the alleged perpetrators would have even buried their victims alive in a pit in the cemetery
    https://tv6.news/night-of-horrors-at-a-cemetery-in-sweden-teen-boys-buried-alive-and-raped/
    For some reason the perps are referred to as "teenagers" even though one is 21.

This is just the latest of humiliation crimes spreading in the country. It's not enough to just rob someone, you have to crush them too.
    It's been around for 15 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

this is the new police station in Rinkeby, Stockholm. Also known as Little Mogadishu due to the large number of Somalians living there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinkeby#Social_unrest
    In June 2010, and again in 2014, the Rinkeby police station was attacked by rioting local youths; in 2014, it was shut down.

In 2017, the construction of a new, more robust police station in the area was delayed, due to construction companies being unwilling to tender for the contract due to security concerns over attacks on equipment or threats towards employees. Owing to the threat level, and that people in the area were resisting the building of a police station, the construction site was given security guards. In August 2018, the construction site for the new police station was attacked by unidentified assailants. They used a car to force the gate and threw rocks and fireworks at security guards. The assailants then set the vehicle afire.

This is also Philip O'Connor's local police station, but don't count on him to tweet about this.

524542.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

this is the new police station in Rinkeby, Stockholm. Also known as Little Mogadishu due to the large number of Somalians living there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinkeby#Social_unrest

This is also Philip O'Connor's local police station, but don't count on him to tweet about this.

524542.jpg

Young and Vibrant, I think they call it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That police station reminds me of the Fort Apache (film) in the Bronx.
    Are the Swedes regressing so much as a society that they have to resort to these types of structures for police stations. Not very welcoming for victims of crime, is it?
    The question needs to be asked by the people of Sweden if that type of multiculturalism worth it?
    This should also serve as a canary in the coalmine for Irish people. Do we want something like this in places like Ballbriggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

You’d wonder what the hell has happened Sweden

It used to be considered almost a byword for the highest standards of living in Europe.

And now.....?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have been to most countries in Europe at this stage. Whenever anybody asks me about ever going to Sweden I'm like "errr no thanks". There is nothing endearing about the place any more.

The safest places I have felt whilst travelling have been in the Far East and beyond the Iron Curtain. The Italian/French cities, Belgium, Germany, have become absolute cess pits. Especially around the train and bus stations.

I have been to most countries in Europe at this stage. Whenever anybody asks me about ever going to Sweden I'm like "errr no thanks". There is nothing endearing about the place any more.

The safest places I have felt whilst travelling have been in the Far East and beyond the Iron Curtain. The Italian/French cities, Belgium, Germany, have become absolute cess pits. Especially around the train and bus stations.

Ludicrous comment. I’ve been there countless times and it’s one of the safest places I’ve ever been. You’re taking your well known hatred of fordiners adding Bikos ridiculous agenda and coming up with complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭1641

Ludicrous comment. I’ve been there countless times and it’s one of the safest places I’ve ever been. You’re taking your well known hatred of fordiners adding Bikos ridiculous agenda and coming up with complete nonsense.

Don't think any of this is an innocent coincidence. Sweden has been targetted by the white nationalist agenda and Russian disinformation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/europe/sweden-immigration-nationalism.html

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown. Threads like this don't exist as a place for discussion but to compile every conspiracy and lie purported by the far-right for dissemination to the faithful, the foolish, and the overly credulous. Where the rule of the day is "correlation is causation, when it backs up my racist beliefs".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

https://tv6.news/night-of-horrors-at-a-cemetery-in-sweden-teen-boys-buried-alive-and-raped/
    For some reason the perps are referred to as "teenagers" even though one is 21.

This is just the latest of humiliation crimes spreading in the country. It's not enough to just rob someone, you have to crush them too.
    It's been around for 15 years or so.

When I clicked on the second link it brought me straight to an advert for a musical about Edith Piaf starring none other than Gretta Thunberg's mother and sister Malena and Beata Ernman.

Advertisement