Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TIPS ONLY THREAD - No discussion - see first post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Went off 13/8. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

second last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Poor run unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Absolutely sickening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Fella on WillHill radio thought the track wouldn't suit before the race. Haven't see it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    I thought At the time Bilimbi was fairly insulted by a mark of 82. Is 1 pound out of the handicap but I really think he could prove to be a deal better than a mark of 82. I took some 5/1 ew earlier on but as mentioned already I would be worried about the plunge.

That mark was really generous. Took a serious walk in the market to.

I thought At the time Bilimbi was fairly insulted by a mark of 82. Is 1 pound out of the handicap but I really think he could prove to be a deal better than a mark of 82. I took some 5/1 ew earlier on but as mentioned already I would be worried about the plunge.

Won well for you Kiers. Nice pick

Francie's horse disappointing alright. Ah well. Keep them coming Francie.....you have made me a few bob following your tips previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Looked at and dismissed him myself :(

Hopefully Rivellino will make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,433 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dam, poor run. I had 450.00 on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Just dont understand how yards/jockeys can give out tips and not even get a run for your money. ****ing joke it is to be honest

Ray Mond wrote: »
    Just dont understand how yards/jockeys can give out tips and not even get a run for your money. ****ing joke it is to be honest

Horse could be the best thing since sliced bread for 2 months but if it's off form/feeling unwell/had a bad journey on the day then not much anyone can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's not that straight forward there are umpteen reasons why a horse could disappoint despite showing plenty at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Got that exact tip last night myself so it was obv doing the rounds. Ah well, can't win em all. We will be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sorry lads, that was a shocker and if it means anything, I had a fairly big bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

UrbanSea wrote: »
    It's not that straight forward there are umpteen reasons why a horse could disappoint despite showing plenty at home.

agree with US, racing isn't that easy even when you know the horse otherwise they would just make money betting on it, it looks seriously competitive race judging by how it looked 2 furlongs out

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting. Can't win em all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Funny that Boyles suspended betting. I would imagine they took several decent bets from members on here, as I know a few of us can get on, and they went 11\2 I think early doors.

Broke badly, race was over at that point. He ducked and dived in and out trying to made ground.
    It was hard to make ground on a fast track against good horses.
    I had 450.00 on it myself . I'm sure he'll return it

Francie you have no need apologise. You have a pretty good record tips wise. You owe myself and many others nothing.

Just make sure the next one is a winner at a monster price. lol

Bit reluctant to give this after yesterday, but I have been told that Credit The Giver (next at cork) will be all out. Took it at 11/1 ew just there.

• Advertisement

Also, if anyone is looking to do a bit of chasing, I got a tip for polar springs last time out. Didn't get a chance to do it then, but told its out to win again today. It races in the last at Newton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Also, if anyone is looking to do a bit of chasing, I got a tip for polar springs last time out. Didn't get a chance to do it then, but told its out to win again today. It races in the last at Newton.

Nice to know, one horse i picked out for today
    was 10/3 last night
    backed it ew at 11/2 earlier
    seems a huge price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Gfit Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Cheers Francie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

thanks for this he won with a bit to spare.
    this is why i love boards two bets to day two wins:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Well done Francie. Goes to show why a loser shouldn't put you off sharing your info.

6/1 winner.

That's my bacon saved.

Bit reluctant to give this after yesterday, but I have been told that Credit The Giver (next at cork) will be all out. Took it at 11/1 ew just there.
    Like I said, just to appease the cryers. The word I was given was that this horse would be all out to win. It definitely was all out, it just wasn't good enough.

Like I said, just to appease the cryers. The word I was given was that this horse would be all out to win. It definitely was all out, it just wasn't good enough.

You never have to explain yourself to anyone in here, no one forces them to back anything. Well played on that last one has set me up nicely for Monday.

Missed last two tips, crap.
    My profit loss for 2014 is a measly +53.00 Euro

• Advertisement

FFS
    This is the 2nd time that my wife has dragged me out shopping and I've missed a winning tip. This time it was for fûcking paint....why the fûck did I need to go anyway? Any suggestions I made on colours were just blown out of the water anyway.

She can fûck off and go on her own next time.

Well down Francie. It didn't take long to get back to winning ways

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Taff

nice one Francie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

OK Lads here we go again 2.10 Redcar, Shirley's Pride, Easterby's usually need a run....

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

Got a tip for Nova Champ in the 3:35 in Yarmouth this morning, my mate said he said he ''got word'' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    Got a tip for Nova Champ in the 3:35 in Yarmouth this morning, my mate said he said he ''got word'' :eek:

Sorry guys, thought he gave a very good account of himself in 2nd, just beaten by a better sort

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Seefood 3-45 Fairyhouse.

A bit high in the weights but he's two from two over hurdles at the track and Dessie Hughes has his horses in fine nick at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    Sorry guys, thought he gave a very good account of himself in 2nd, just beaten by a better sort

Unlucky stade, thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

razorhead wrote: »
    OK Lads here we go again 2.10 Redcar, Shirley's Pride, Easterby's usually need a run....

Was fairly "lucky" with that lads, missed the break and thereafter no chance.
    Was told that McManus only runner tonight in Kilbeggan was well fancied - Luimneach Abu 5.55.
    Also told to keep an eye on Zeftan in the 8.45 Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chonghmfc

Appreciate all your hard work and info guys I am sharing in good faith.

Table Tips 8:00 Kilbeggan is one I've been told. The standard of the race is awful and its current 9/4 2nd fav.

• Advertisement

chonghmfc wrote: »

Table Tips 8:00 Kilbeggan is one I've been told. The standard of the race is awful and its current 9/4 2nd fav.
    Jockey nearly made a balls out of that, but looks like it got up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Eventful race if you opposed the tip with Up the hill :rolleyes:

Nice tip :)

Jockey nearly made a balls out of that, but looks like it got up.
    Swore that won, but looks like I was wrong! :eek: Really poor ride, the jockey had the best horse leading while going up the inside rail in that long sweeping turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

That was some gamble 5/4 from 5/2. Should have won it. :mad:

Jesus I was certain that held on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Looked like it had won by a head at least, beaten by a short head... Hard to believe

• Advertisement

Did they show the photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Would love to see the photo of that looked certain Table Tips held on. Did ATR show the photo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Official result is a short head.. Haven't seen the print yet, ATR said they will show it

Watched the replay in slow motion a few times there, I can't see how that horse won by a short head.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chonghmfc

Watched the replay in slow motion a few times there, I can't see how that horse won by a short head.

Apologies guys. Looked up too me, a head at least I've not seen the photo but its hard too believe its a loss.
    Im not privy to much in ways off info and its only the third time I've been told anything. First loser and I pass it too the group that's helped me loads. If I do hear anything again I'll certainly post up.

Keep up the great work across the horse racing forum all i do read regularly and have found it a welcome addition to my punting decisions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement