Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Is there likely to be a smaller DGW that could have good upside for either a FH or TC I wonder?

Will depend on the BGW fixtures also.

I always prefer to FH in a DGW, it's more fun if nothing else, but I'll do whatever works best. (aka whatever you tell me to do :D)

Ye will be a few smaller dgws. City , villa, everton, fulham and a few other teams will have some before gw 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ye will be a few smaller dgws. City , villa, everton, fulham and a few other teams will have some before gw 26.

Leeds too I think. I'll probably use my triple captain on one of those small double game weeks as I have all the chips left. I think the best use of the others chips is:
    - wild card in 24/25
    - bench boost in 26
    - free hit in 29.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Leeds too I think. I'll probably use my triple captain on one of those small double game weeks as I have all the chips left. I think the best use of the others chips is:
    - wild card in 24/25
    - bench boost in 26
    - free hit in 29.

I just read back through the last page and now I'm confused again about free hit :-) It could be a better option to use it in a mini double gw I suppose. I'll try keep 2 transfers rolling until we see some concrete fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    The only question is whether to TC him or not, my fox!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking at building for DGW 26, hopefully not using the transfer that week, dead end to BGW29. WC 30, FH 33. Use my TC on one of the DGWs around then, or the earlier City ones.

Don’t really see the play to WC in 25, leaves you stuck with 29 as a major problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at building for DGW 26, hopefully not using the transfer that week, dead end to BGW29. WC 30, FH 33. Use my TC on one of the DGWs around then, or the earlier City ones.

Don’t really see the play to WC in 25, leaves you stuck with 29 as a major problem

I don’t see a mention of bench boost there. Have you used yours? That might explain why you find it easier to build to 26 rather than WCing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

What's your reasoning behind FH in 33 - League Cup final weekend? Is 29 not better for it?

I just read back through the last page and now I'm confused again about free hit :-) It could be a better option to use it in a mini double gw I suppose. I'll try keep 2 transfers rolling until we see some concrete fixtures.

29 is a potential wasteland though. Depends on whether that can be viewed as an opportunity to get 11 or a write-off since most could have maybe 2 or 3 players depending on how the fixtures fall.

CSF wrote: »
    I don’t see a mention of bench boost there. Have you used yours? That might explain why you find it easier to build to 26 rather than WCing to it.

Ya used it this week, 16 pts, delighted to have it out of the way, I think I’m going to use it GW1 anymore

Markx wrote: »
    What's your reasoning behind FH in 33 - League Cup final weekend? Is 29 not better for it?

I don’t see the point in FHing in a BGW, always better to attack a DGW, I’d be open to moving that if there was a better DGW for it

• Advertisement

This Southampton v Arsenal game is quite relevant here right?

Aswell as the 26/29 ramifications, if Arsenal win you might be looking at Leeds v Southampton moved into FA Cup 5th round weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I don’t see the point in FHing in a BGW, always better to attack a DGW, I’d be open to moving that if there was a better DGW for it

I generally feel the same. But there have been good points in favour of a BGW29 FH made earlier in the thread so I'm keeping an open mind.

It will depend heavily on how the fixtures paly out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Arsenal done with the Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Also means no dgwk for Leeds or Southampton in GW23.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Also means no dgwk for Leeds or Southampton in GW23.

Boooo

29 is a potential wasteland though. Depends on whether that can be viewed as an opportunity to get 11 or a write-off since most could have maybe 2 or 3 players depending on how the fixtures fall.

Yea agreed. I'm regretting not using the free hit now in gw19, not sure it will be as much use now.

Its looking like 30 points could be a good score in that GW, say you bump that to 40, not what I'm looking for

Compare that to this week when lots of people were 50 points over the average

Yea agreed. I'm regretting not using the free hit now in gw19, not sure it will be as much use now.

How many points did you get in 19?

CSF wrote: »
    How many points did you get in 19?

41-8 so 33. I was unlucky as I took a hit to get Tierney who didn't play. Free hit team would have got around 25 points more. I would have got a similar return this week too so at least I can compare the result when I do eventually use it.

• Advertisement

Its looking like 30 points could be a good score in that GW, say you bump that to 40, not what I'm looking for

Compare that to this week when lots of people were 50 points over the average

There's no grounds to predict what a good score that week could be at this stage. For example Fulham Leeds is in 29. In week 16 I had 3 Leeds players scoring 28 between them. There are points up for grabs in every game played.

I'll keep an open mind on this though. Many ways to skin many cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How did people fare on the BGW/DGW combo? I FH in the BGW, no chip second week.

Total of 146 points, moving me from 635 to 450k. I guess that was mainly overtaking casuals who hadn't planned it.

Interested to see how that compares to people on similar or other strategies

Would have BB’d if Southampton/Everton/Leeds games hadn’t been cancelled. The transfer I made instead got Stones in which likely trumped any BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Shedite27 wrote: »

Total of 146 points, moving me from 635 to 450k. I guess that was mainly overtaking casuals who hadn't planned it.

Would have BB’d if Southampton/Everton/Leeds games hadn’t been cancelled. The transfer I made instead got Stones in which likely trumped any BB.

145 with FH in 18. No chips in 19.

Went from 902k to 702k

Like you I would have Bench boosted had Southampton Leeds gone ahead. My BB would have gotten 3 points had I used it :pac:

I had a great 18/19 combo, 53 in 18 without any hits or chips. 139 on BB in 19 on a -16.

176 net, halved my OR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wildcarded into GW18 setting up BB for 19

206(-4) across the 2 weeks.

1.4m green arrow from 2m to 600k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is there anything wrong with wildcarding now?

Looking to leave a lot of balance in the team

Martinez (Sanchez)

Stones Cancelo Shaw Justin Mitchell

Bruno Grealish Maddison Hamez Foden

Kane DCL Watkins

3.5m ITB

I’m after jumping from 1.2m OR to 470k and want to continue.

There is 5 GW’s until the blank. Not sure I should be holding the wildcard til then if not happy with about 7 orc8 players

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is there anything wrong with wildcarding now?

Looking to leave a lot of balance in the team

Martinez (Sanchez)

Stones Cancelo Shaw Justin Mitchell

Bruno Grealish Maddison Hamez Foden

Kane DCL Watkins

3.5m ITB

I’m after jumping from 1.2m OR to 470k and want to continue.

There is 5 GW’s until the blank. Not sure I should be holding the wildcard til then if not happy with about 7 orc8 players

What does your current team look like?

I'm always in favour of a WC when your team needs it rather than using it for DGWs, no good nailing a DGW if you haemorrhage coming up to it.

On your team there - benching headaches, no West Ham, and a LOT of punty f**kers

FHFC wrote: »
    Wildcarded into GW18 setting up BB for 19

206(-4) across the 2 weeks.

1.4m green arrow from 2m to 600k.

Thats some scoring, brings you back to respectability

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What does your current team look like?

I'm always in favour of a WC when your team needs it rather than using it for DGWs, no good nailing a DGW if you haemorrhage coming up to it.

On your team there - benching headaches, no West Ham, and a LOT of punty f**kers

Current team is:

Fabianski , Mendy

Trent Robbo Stones Cancelo Coufal

KdB Rashford Bruno Soucek Raphina

Bamford Adams Watkins
    ——————-

Where do you see the punts? Given where we are in the season & the info to date, the only real punt I see is Hamez, but that is more to do with injury. I think I’ve a good front 8 to cover.

A lot of the big price players are injured or out of form! I also have 3.5m to get someone back in.

I don’t see West Ham as critical. Antonio is probably the one I’d go for but I really think Watkins will come good & Everton / DCL is coming back into form. I’d rather Leicester & Everton over West Ham.

I’m playing 2 city at the back. I like Justin so it was between him & Coufal... long term I think Justin outscores him.

Would I need a 50 point uplift over 5 GW’s to make this WC successful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

166 total with FH for the blank and no chip for the DGW, 400K OR improvement over the 2 weeks, 880K to 480K. HEWT!

Advertisement