Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

That's my big worry. Also having no City attack would be insanity so I think I've made my mind up.

You arent actually gonna sell bruno for KDB are you? now that would be insanity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

You arent actually gonna sell bruno for KDB are you? now that would be insanity :pac:

No other way of getting KdB in really. If he gets booked against Liverpool I'll be back here to gloat :pac:

No other way of getting KdB in really. If he gets booked against Liverpool I'll be back here to gloat :pac:

Nooooo. Dont do that now.

Its a bit like playing poker, if u play with fear you arent gonna get far. Bruno got 4 cards in like 17 games, thats 1 in 4 games. If he does not in fact get a yellow and goes on to score 2 vs Fulham, wont be much gloating to be done then.

Bruno is the sort of guy that can actually score against Pool and you wouldnt be surprised. Liverpool havent exactly been steam rolling clubs over, and have big defence problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Think Mane got injured rather than booked? If memory serves correct. Rival in my ML had him TC'ed that same dgw.

Yeah, I triple captained him too. Got Injured very early in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I need an Ollie Watkins Twitter/Instagram post telling me it's all right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

I see vardy is fit now.
    Might be a candidate for capt. Surely he'll start x2.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Newbie20 wrote: »
    I could be (and probably will be) completely wrong here but I’m not sure about De Bruyne. Everyone seems to be making changes the last few weeks to get him in but I’m not sure he’s worth it. Granted they have an appealing looking double fixture, but last night was my first time watching them properly this season. Now I can understand why he hasn’t been clocking up points like previous seasons - they’ve no threat up front! They are basically playing without a striker, Jesus came on and looked pathetic, Sterling - well that penalty was a disgrace and Aguero seems to be out for another bit again. They made Brighton look very good last night. I’d nearly be favouring 2 City defenders and no KDB.

Been thinking this too. He’s blanked for me too many times as captain. I have double city defence and think I’ll get stones in and go triple until he 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Been thinking this too. He’s blanked for me too many times as captain. I have double city defence and think I’ll get stones in and go triple until he 22!
    I'd be a bit wary of confirmation biases from that game last night. They had an xG of 2.91 last night so while they tailed off in the 2nd half, they were still very very threatening.

De Bruyne had an xG of 1.06 and an xA of 0.21 so he really underperformed last night, especially when you consider that those stats don't even address the fact that he should have had a goal or an assist from the penalty last night on another night.

He has basically gotten a 6 point return from a 14 point performance, and given that he is literally coming from a 13 point return before that, I would advise to either choose him or fear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Its a bit like playing poker, if u play with fear you arent gonna get far. Bruno got 4 cards in like 17 games, thats 1 in 4 games. If he does not in fact get a yellow and goes on to score 2 vs Fulham, wont be much gloating to be done then.

Bruno is the sort of guy that can actually score against Pool and you wouldnt be surprised. Liverpool havent exactly been steam rolling clubs over, and have big defence problems.

Bruno has not looked anywhere near the same threat the last few games though, the more prominent that Pogba becomes the more peripheral Bruno becomes, I will be making the same Bruno - KDB move and I haven't given it a second thought to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Not playing with fear. I'm going all in on KdB :pac:
    If Bruno scores against Liverpool you have my permission to say I told you so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Bruno has not looked anywhere near the same threat the last few games though, the more prominent that Pogba becomes the more peripheral Bruno becomes, I will be making the same Bruno - KDB move and I haven't given it a second thought to be honest.

Bruno 2 games after pool are Fulham and Sheffield. I am going to take a chance he’s not booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Any thoughts on freehit Draft 1?

Martinez

Coufal-Cancelo-Justin

KDB-Salah-Rashford-Soucek-Mount

Wilson-Vardy

Bench: Johnstone-Decrodova-Reid- Lowton-Yedlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Bruno 2 games after pool are Fulham and Sheffield. I am going to take a chance he’s not booked!

Take out the first 3 weeks when Fulham were incredibly naive they have been very solid at the back, certainly much worse defenses in the league.

Pogue eile wrote: »

He scored 4 goals and assisted 3 times in last 5 games. dont be dissing Bruno. :pac:

Selling Bruno when he has a DGW... its like 1 of those things that you do not do.

He scored 4 goals and assisted 3 times in last 5 games. dont be dissing Bruno. :pac:

Selling Bruno when he has a DGW... its like 1 of those things that you do not do.
    I would never sell him but last 3 games he has looked less threatening in general play. I think Pogba hinders him in terms of the positions he can take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

CSF wrote: »
    I would never sell him but last 3 games he has looked less threatening in general play. I think Pogba hinders him in terms of the positions he can take up.

Was listening to a podcast and they backed this up with some stats (can’t remember which ones exactly) in a 14 game sample size. 7 games Bruno playing with Pogba and 7 without.
    I still won’t be selling him but it is something to be aware of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sully123 wrote: »
    I see vardy is fit now.
    Might be a candidate for capt. Surely he'll start x2.

Dinnery has been saying that Vardy being managed and needs to e to recocer between games so may not start both.

I don't think I buy it. He'll start the against Southampton for sure after a 2 week break, and surely they don't bench Vardy at home to Chelsea.

I've planned on him for the DGW with my wildcard - switch from Kane who I captained this week. I'm think I'm gonna hold firm to the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anymore fixture upheaval rumours?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anymore fixture upheaval rumours?

Not just yet. Here’s hoping for a bit of rare calm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

He’s played 10 times with and seven times without Pogba. His stats fall off a cliff with Pogba. You can see why, Pogba is standing exactly where you’d like Bruno to be. If Pogba continues in the team Bruno will have to go, just not the same asset

Edit: just checked the points 5.1/game Pogba starts, 11.6/game Pogba doesn’t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Chesty08 wrote: »
    TC Salah anyone?

Pen against United and then a goal & assist in next game ?

I'm after moving away from BB due to the disaster of games getting called off and now TC on Mo is my number 1 option if I use any chip at all.

Like a BB with 4 SGW players may yeld maybe 16ish points if I can hit anyway but then the risk of players not playing also is involved.

TC on Mo wouldn't be too far off getting an extra 16 points if it hit. Need to weigh out all the options and potential returns!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at Smith Rowe and Lacazette to Soucek and 10m striker.

Really can't see any reliable striker out there who is guaranteed to play both games, however would it be madness to take a punt on Werner, have never owned him, but he should be starting both games - thoughts?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Looking at Smith Rowe and Lacazette to Soucek and 10m striker.

Really can't see any reliable striker out there who is guaranteed to play both games, however would it be madness to take a punt on Werner, have never owned him, but he should be starting both games - thoughts?

I just think the problem there is that you won’t want Werner afterwards, but him and Vardy are both perfectly viable for this week.

Had a look at the FH team I was going with before they scheduled Spurs Fulham instead of just cancelling it.

Jesus, this was not a week for the FH template team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    I just think the problem there is that you won’t want Werner afterwards, but him and Vardy are both perfectly viable for this week.

Vardy's hip problem could mean restricted time- can he play two games in 3 days? maybe, maybe not, - otherwise he would probably be the best shout - although I've owned him on 2 separate occasions this season already (8 games he's played for me) but he rarely ever seems to be involved and lived for penalties in the early games, don't think I want to bring him back in again.

On Werner, if he returned 10 points over the week it would be a success I feel. It's just so hard this season that there are no really good strikers that are a must. And even less for the this DGW.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Vardy's hip problem could mean restricted time- can he play two games in 3 days? maybe, maybe not, - otherwise he would probably be the best shout - although I've owned him on 2 separate occasions this season already (8 games he's played for me) but he rarely ever seems to be involved and lived for penalties in the early games, don't think I want to bring him back in again.

On Werner, if he returned 10 points over the week it would be a success I feel. It's just so hard this season that there are no really good strikers that are a must. And even less for the this DGW.

I think the problem with having expensive strikers is it takes money away from where the good players are.

Did a 2 game spell with Kane for 20 points and now I’m going back to my Salah/Grealish/KDB/Son/Bruno midfield that I’ve been doing well with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm thinking about bringing in Antonio for the DGW

Stupid or Stupider like a fox ?

They have no other actual striker now that Haller is gone and the fixtures are super

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »

Stupid or Stupider like a fox ?

They have no other actual striker now that Haller is gone and the fixtures are super

The only question is whether to TC him or not, my fox!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Rikand wrote:

Who are you taking out for him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thinking of benching Son and starting Foden as he has a DGW. If Foden doesnt start the first game and Son comes on what happens Fodens second game if he starts? Is it no points as Son stays in place and has no second game?

Advertisement