Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Shedite27 wrote: »
    How did people fare on the BGW/DGW combo? I FH in the BGW, no chip second week.

Total of 146 points, moving me from 635 to 450k. I guess that was mainly overtaking casuals who hadn't planned it.

Interested to see how that compares to people on similar or other strategies

Would have BB’d if Southampton/Everton/Leeds games hadn’t been cancelled. The transfer I made instead got Stones in which likely trumped any BB.

Felt there was a lot of points left on the table.

FH in GW18 - 56 points and moved up 50k places to 97k OR

My team was a mess for the BGW without FH.

GW19 no chip - 105 (-4)

Felt using chip would be a waste on my team and was right. Save TC and BB for later in the season.

Plan to WC around the next DGW.

84k OR but feeling my team not in great shape with the big guns not firing. Presume others in the same boat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wildcard in 18 and BB in 19 got me 188(-4) and have gone from 870k to 360k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thats some scoring, brings you back to respectability

Just about yeah! :o

I've always been a second half of season bloomer but I thought I'd gone too far over the cliff this time!

In 2016/16 I went from around 1m at Christmas to finish at 15k so I guess anything is possible from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If City beat Swansea, they should have doubles in 24, 26 and 27.

They will probably have blanks in 29 and 33

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1353825698587291648?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Pep roulette will be insane for those games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pep roulette will be insane for those games

Will be Ederson/Dias time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

CSF wrote: »
    Will be Ederson/Dias time

Ederson + 2 was my first thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The DGW fixtures are not exactly the most favourable looking to me on paper.

24 - Arsenal + Southampton / Everton
    26 - WHU + Southampton / Everton / Wolves
    27 - Man Utd + Southampton / Everton / Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at building for DGW 26, hopefully not using the transfer that week, dead end to BGW29. WC 30, FH 33. Use my TC on one of the DGWs around then, or the earlier City ones.

Don’t really see the play to WC in 25, leaves you stuck with 29 as a major problem

Ben has come around to my way of thinking

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1354493045731962887?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Thats a very useful planner he has there. I've wildcarded this week as I have a freehit and I dont see the point in waiting any longer. Hoping to get a bounce from the wildcard for the few weeks before that double game week.

I've a got 104.2 budget so can afford a decent bench, something like this:

Martinez (McCarthy)
    Stones Cancelo Digne (Shaw, Mitchell)
    Gundogan Fernandes Son Salah (Saka)
    Kane Watkins/Antonio DCL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Keeping hold of FH for that BGW28 is an almost must now for me.

I currently have 0 players!

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Thats a very useful planner he has there. I've wildcarded this week as I have a freehit and I dont see the point in waiting any longer. Hoping to get a bounce from the wildcard for the few weeks before that double game week.

I've a got 104.2 budget so can afford a decent bench, something like this:

Martinez (McCarthy)
    Stones Cancelo Digne (Shaw, Mitchell)
    Gundogan Fernandes Son Salah (Saka)
    Kane Watkins/Antonio DCL

That was the reason I was totally fine with wildcarding in 18. It sorted out gw18 , 19 with BB and tapped into city's good fixtures all in one swoop. Then kept the FH in reserve for whatever gw is trickiest to navigate. I like the digne pick he could be my transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That was the reason I was totally fine with wildcarding in 18. It sorted out gw18 , 19 with BB and tapped into city's good fixtures all in one swoop. Then kept the FH in reserve for whatever gw is trickiest to navigate. I like the digne pick he could be my transfer this week.

I'm hoping Digne does a Cancelo against Newcastle and gets a monster score as he was playing left midfield yesterday.

Last year I struggled getting decent starting 11s out in the run up to the double game weeks so trying something different this time with the early wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm hoping Digne does a Cancelo against Newcastle and gets a monster score as he was playing left midfield yesterday.

Liking this idea...

Problem with Digne is he'll get no CS with that donkey Pickford behind him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The way FF goes, Newcastle will go win to nil

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

siblers wrote: »
    Problem with Digne is he'll get no CS with that donkey Pickford behind him

I'm looking at Digne too but this is my main concern.

Last year I struggled getting decent starting 11s out in the run up to the double game weeks so trying something different this time with the early wildcard.
    I have never once held the wildcard past January and its never really hindered me. I think its a bit of a myth that you need to hold onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Anyone want to sum up the doubles for 26 for me? And any others? Need to take into account for my transfers tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    That's some investigative work :D

It was spotted by Karam Tayser by the looks of it who would have more interest in the Arabic account than Ben Crellin I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So as things stand it’s looking like City Everton will have doubles in 24. Any other teams?

So as things stand it’s looking like City Everton will have doubles in 24. Any other teams?
    No, quite unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Ye reckon it's worth bringing in a couple of everton recruits with my free transfers the next couple gameweeks? Already have 3 city players

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

El Sueño wrote: »
    Ye reckon it's worth bringing in a couple of everton recruits with my free transfers the next couple gameweeks? Already have 3 city players

Fulham and City games? I wouldn't be going out of my way to get anything for that unless you were doing it anyway.

Fulham and City games? I wouldn't be going out of my way to get anything for that unless you were doing it anyway.

It’s good for people with a wildcard to burn ahead of 26/29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

El Sueño wrote: »

The Newcastle performance has put me off a bit.
    Two away games against Leeds and Man U puts me off their defenders and then they have Spurs in the FA cup before Fulham.
    I'd wait and have 2 FTs going into GW24. Pickford injury confuses things. It might actually help them!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

gotta agree with this, if your loading or city city players, your hoping they either score or keep clean sheets, in which case you wont' want Everton defenders.

There are plenty of midfield options that are likely to outscore any double Everton midfield player - so don't know who you would really want.

Then there is DCL - i think folk know my views on him. His form reminds me of Wilson last season - started great, 8 returns in 8 games i think and then nothing for rest of season.

• Advertisement

Man City, Everton, Burnley, Fulham have doubles in GW24

Southampton and Leeds have doubles in GW25

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2014813?sf242649794=1

GW24:

Burnley v Fulham and Palace
    Man City v Spurs and Everton
    Fulham v Burnley and Everton
    Everton v Man City and Fulham

GW25:

Leeds v Southampton and Wolves