Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody else giving consideration of flipping form 2 City defenders to one and getting 2 mids?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anybody else giving consideration of flipping form 2 City defenders to one and getting 2 mids?

If it's a WC yes, but it's not worth the transfers

Gundog is coming in one way or another he's killing me. Either for Sterling or to sublime him. Can move Stones to Digne as well so not too drastic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno what to do about city and that's just for starters!

Currently only have Stones and I have a feeling the center back pairing could well change over the course of the 2 games with Laporte coming in for either.

There Midfield well god only knows! Gundogan Sterling or maybe Foden are main options but again can you see any of these starting both games?

Burnley's defenders are gonna be star the show or a complete trap so I don't know if ill go there just yet.

Everton the obvious one is Calvert Lewin in for Antonio for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Currently only have Stones and I have a feeling the center back pairing could well change over the course of the 2 games with Laporte coming in for either.

There Midfield well god only knows! Gundogan Sterling or maybe Foden are main options but again can you see any of these starting both games?

Burnley's defenders are gonna be star the show or a complete trap so I don't know if ill go there just yet.

Everton the obvious one is Calvert Lewin in for Antonio for me anyway.

I only have gundogan and prob won't get any more city coverage to be honest.
    I have pope, Digne and Dcl already I'm thinking a Burnley attacker instead of doubling up defensively

• Advertisement

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I only have gundogan and prob won't get any more city coverage to be honest.
    I have pope, Digne and Dcl already I'm thinking a Burnley attacker instead of doubling up defensively

City look very very solid at the back only for Salah diving today they would of had another clean sheet. Rotation is the obvious issue otherwise id get another of there defenders in.

If i have to go Burnley it will at the back or nothing and even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

City look very very solid at the back only for Salah diving today they would of had another clean sheet. Rotation is the obvious issue otherwise id get another of there defenders in.

If i have to go Burnley it will at the back or nothing and even then.

Yes put with pep it's very hard to call ederson is probably the safest bet.
    At least with the Burnley, Everton and Fulham lads your pretty much guaranteed two starts

So as it stands we know Leeds & Southampton double in GW25

GW 26 depends on how next weekends FA Cup games go. Teams that go through next weekend will blank in GW 29 (FA Cup 1/4 Final) and these fixtures will move to GW26. Soooo

Spurs could have a double of Burnley & Southampton. Probably means I’m gonna hold Son and hope this materialises next weekend. In theory Southampton could have a DGW in 25, 26 & 27!!

So here’s a rough idea on what might be moved from GW 29 to GW 26
    Man C v Wolves (City beat Swansea)
    West Brom v Everton (Everton beat Spurs)
    Burnley v Leicester (either advance)
    Southampton v Spurs (either advance)
    Sheff Utd v Villa (Sheff beat Bristol)
    Liverpool v Chelsea (Chelsea beat Barnsley)
    Cry Palace v Man U (Man I beat West Ham)
    Brighton v Newcastle (Brighton beat Leicester)
    West v Arsenal (West Ham beat Man U)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So as it stands we know Leeds & Southampton double in GW25

GW 26 depends on how next weekends FA Cup games go. Teams that go through next weekend will blank in GW 29 (FA Cup 1/4 Final) and these fixtures will move to GW26. Soooo

Spurs could have a double of Burnley & Southampton. Probably means I’m gonna hold Son and hope this materialises next weekend. In theory Southampton could have a DGW in 25, 26 & 27!!

So here’s a rough idea on what might be moved from GW 29 to GW 26
    Man C v Wolves (City beat Swansea)
    West Brom v Everton (Everton beat Spurs)
    Burnley v Leicester (either advance)
    Southampton v Spurs (either advance)
    Sheff Utd v Villa (Sheff beat Bristol)
    Liverpool v Chelsea (Chelsea beat Barnsley)
    Cry Palace v Man U (Man I beat West Ham)
    Brighton v Newcastle (Brighton beat Leicester)
    West v Arsenal (West Ham beat Man U)
    A load of those are dependent on each other tho, United and West Ham can't both win that game for example.

Also, the games are midweek, so we only have 2/3 days to wait to know the doubles/blanks

Shedite27 wrote: »
    A load of those are dependent on each other tho, United and West Ham can't both win that game for example.

Also, the games are midweek, so we only have 2/3 days to wait to know the doubles/blanks

In otherwards it's all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My initial plans are:

GW25: Lowton, Cancelo, Gundo, Sterling and DCL
    GW26: Dallas, Raphina, Bamford, Ings (-4)

Bold = transfer in.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    My initial plans are:

GW25: Lowton, Cancelo, Gundo, Sterling and DCL
    GW26: Dallas, Raphina, Bamford, Ings (-4)

Bold = transfer in.

Presume you mean for GW 24 & 25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Current team (0.2 in the bank):

Martinez Macey
    Justin Dias Cancelo Cresswell Dallas
    Salah Bruno Son Sterling Reed
    Wilson Bamford Antonio

Have 2 free transfers, thinking of putting in Gundogan for Sterling. The other transfer would be Wilson out DCL in but can't do it without getting rid of Sterling. Plan then would be Raphinha in for Reed.

Gameweek 24:
    Cancelo Dias Gundogan Reed DCL

Gameweek 25:
    Dallas Bamford Raphinha

Only other alternative is to just put in Ashley Barnes and hope he scores in one of the matches. Don't want to touch the defence ideally or take out Son either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Is GW26 still supposed to be the biggest remaining double gameweek?

I guess it's probably early enough that teams aren't already on the beach if it's somewhere after GW33/34 so I might spend my wildcard and Bench Boost / TC to target this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I just don't like relying on City, ever, it's always a gamble in a gamble. I somehow ended up with two City defenders this week, but if I end up pulling the trigger for Gundogan, which is tempting, I'll be ditching one, probably Stones.

I just don't like relying on City, ever, it's always a gamble in a gamble. I somehow ended up with two City defenders this week, but if I end up pulling the trigger for Gundogan, which is tempting, I'll be ditching one, probably Stones.

The only gamble is the rotation from what I can see. And after initially thinking that he would rotate a bit, I think Pep will leave well alone now. You could see how much it meant to win yesterday so the league is the priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

claw wrote: »
    The only gamble is the rotation from what I can see. And after initially thinking that he would rotate a bit, I think Pep will leave well alone now. You could see how much it meant to win yesterday so the league is the priority.

I've gone for the triple city defense (Cancelo, Dias, Stones)
    Think Cancelo still might start from the bench a few times given his role in the team so I might take him out and get Gundo

He's about 20% ownership now, I would think that'll spike with the double this week as well

I've gone for the triple city defense (Cancelo, Dias, Stones)
    Think Cancelo still might start from the bench a few times given his role in the team so I might take him out and get Gundo

He's about 20% ownership now, I would think that'll spike with the double this week as well

That is why I am thinking of swapping Sterling for Gundo, it frees up a lot of money. Not bothered if he goes up in price, will wait till the cup matches are played before I do anything.

Atm, I have only Stones I was thinking of Sterling in for Salah as punt but feel Gundogan is in better form and could come in for Soucek.

Calvert Lewin in for Antonio is the other one im thinking.

I don't want to go any further than a minus four so Burnley are out for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I've currently got 6 with a DGW24 (one an injury doubt) but ALL my other SGW players have excellent fixtures.

Huge benching headache never mind having anyone worth transferring out for a DGW player.

Who do you bench here???

Popex2, Martinez
    Shaw, Cancelox2, Dignex2, Cresswell, Coufal
    Sterlingx2, Gundoganx2, Bruno, Salah, Saka
    Woodx?, Bamford, Antonio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Have you still got BB? Giving it serious consideration myself as it's inevitable I'll bench the wrong ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have you still got BB? Giving it serious consideration myself as it's inevitable I'll bench the wrong ones.

No. BB gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    No. BB gone.
    I wonder will Wood be fit. That would make it somewhat easier. After that I'd prob drop one of the WHU defenders (probably Coufal). Then it comes down to one of Saka, Bamford or Antonio. I'd probably bench Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Arsenal and West Ham won't have any blanks or DGWs for the rest of the season

Leeds won't have any blanks or DGWs after GW25

This is excluding potential postponements due to Corona etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

FHFC wrote: »
    I've currently got 6 with a DGW24 (one an injury doubt) but ALL my other SGW players have excellent fixtures.

Huge benching headache never mind having anyone worth transferring out for a DGW player.

Who do you bench here???

Popex2, Martinez
    Shaw, Cancelox2, Dignex2, Cresswell, Coufal
    Sterlingx2, Gundoganx2, Bruno, Salah, Saka
    Woodx?, Bamford, Antonio.

Turn big Chrissy wood into DCL and the headache gets bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have 2FTs. If I do Chilwell and Wood to Digne and DCL I'll have:

Pope x 2
    Cancelo x 2, Dias x 2, Digne x 2
    Gundogan x 2, Salah, Grealish, Fernandes, Grealish
    DCL x 2, Antonio

Martinez (bha), Bamford (ars), Coufal (SHU), Dallas (ars)

Would anyone BB that?

Benimar wrote: »

Pope x 2
    DCL x 2, Antonio

Would anyone BB that?

Yes, but it all depends on how the other DGWs fill out.

Have McCarthy, Targett, Bamford and Soucek myself, and its distinct possibility.

Antonio is yellow flagged at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes, but it all depends on how the other DGWs fill out.

Have McCarthy, Targett, Bamford and Soucek myself, and its distinct possibility.

Antonio is yellow flagged at the moment

Yeah, I'll see how DGW26 is projected to be once the Cup games are over before I make a final call. Antonio should be ok, Moyes said something about tiredness so last night is (hopefully) just a rest.

I think I'd BB your team also if it was me.

Yeah, I'll see how DGW26 is projected to be once the Cup games are over before I make a final call. Antonio should be ok, Moyes said something about tiredness so last night is (hopefully) just a rest.

I think I'd BB your team also if it was me.

Yeah looking there West Ham and Leeds with singles in GW26 makes it less enticing.

Lets me move Robertson to Burnley Defender -> Dallas -> Robbo over the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pope x 2
    DCL x 2, Antonio

Would anyone BB that?

That's a tempter. I could see Martinez getting another 10 pointer in that one. very very similar to my bench but I have Brewster and will be starting one of Coufal or Bamford, so not considering it myself, but I'd be very tempted with that bench.

Arsenal are pretty stingy at home. I think they mostly have their defence sorted out and the reverse fixture was 0-0, so that might put me off. Leeds could struggle in this one.

For that reason I'm thinking of starting Coufal over Bamford

Advertisement