Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Darksoul wrote: »
    Ralph Hasenhuttl just said they could be prepared to face Leeds if Shrewsbury game gets called off. I'm holding my chips until I know what is going on before deadline.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/january/ralph-hasenhuttl-we-must-be-ready-to-face-leeds-if-cup-tie-is-called-off-again

Would be unreal if people transferred out Leeds players already and the Sou-Leeds match went ahead for the DGW.

Wow. That would be brilliant as I have Dallas and Bamford in starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

Wow. That would be brilliant as I have Dallas and Bamford in starting 11.

I'm in the same boat just wish I knew tonight before price rises etc, but it would save me doing any transfers if Leeds played twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

Chances the spurs boys out score must of the dgw'ers? I'll be keeping them in.
    Thought about a defender capt. - taa
    But I'll play safe and capt. Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

sully123 wrote: »
    Chances the spurs boys out score must of the dgw'ers? I'll be keeping them in.
    Thought about a defender capt. - taa
    But I'll play safe and capt. Vardy

The Spurs conundrum is killing me as have Son and Kane.
    Dont have KDB and itching to get him in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ralph Hasenhuttl just said they could be prepared to face Leeds if Shrewsbury game gets called off. I'm holding my chips until I know what is going on before deadline.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/january/ralph-hasenhuttl-we-must-be-ready-to-face-leeds-if-cup-tie-is-called-off-again

Would be unreal if people transferred out Leeds players already and the Sou-Leeds match went ahead for the DGW.

Wish he hadn't said that....

• Advertisement

I do wonder if pressure will get to UTD. They are 3 points ahead, bruno will play cautiously as doesnt want a yellow, Pool are rested and are eager to go go go...

I love Vardy but I think Salah captain, triple captain even makes a lot of sense (albeit he can be wasteful!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

BB would be back on the table if this went ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

BB would be back on the table if this went ahead

Definitely would BB in Leeds have a double again but will we hear before the deadline?

Klonker wrote: »
    Definitely would BB in Leeds have a double again but will we hear before the deadline?

Zero chance I think

They want Shrews to play and loads of chance to play Southampton Leeds later. Unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Klonker wrote: »

Was just going to say there will hardly be an announcement/confirmation before the deadline!
    Is this just hassenhutel saying they will be ready for all possibilities or is there still major issues with Shrewsbury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Generally follow that principle but I have to say I am very tempted to captain either Cancelo or Dias this week

Smell of Duffy captain off it..... What a diester that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was going to start Dallas and Bamford anyway but was going to bench JWP. Wondering now if I should just BB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Looks like Shrewsbury game will go ahead. Players are training, their manager is recovering at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Unsure yet about playing BB, still trying to figure out transfers.

Dcl needs to be replaced, and options seem to be between Antonio, Watkins and Wilson. Leaning towards Antonio as a bit of a punt, but not decided yet.

Antonio has better fixtures but how much game time he’s likely to get is an issue. Watkins, feel like Watkins owners can feel unlucky they haven’t seen another 20+ pts from him so far, think he will have a pts haul in him sooner rather than later, but most likely not against City, and already have 2 Villa players, so getting in another seems too much of a risk.
    Wilson... Newcastle are awful, but if they do score, he’s most likely to be involved.

Also have no City cover which is a worry. Would like to get in Cancello, but for who? Reece James, just back from injury, how likely is he to play both games? The only other option would be to sell Bednarek, so not sure it’s really worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

The Spurs conundrum is killing me as have Son and Kane. Dont have KDB and itching to get him in!

Same here, could easily outscore most DGW players in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Is Kane and Grealish out for a -4 for Antonio and KDB (C) with a BB a no brainer? Or am I overthinking? OR 30k

Is Kane and Grealish out for a -4 for Antonio and KDB (C) with a BB a no brainer? Or am I overthinking? OR 30k

I think there is a lot of hype around double game weeks. Yes some players produce excellent scores but that isnt actually common. And ironically enough it tends to be defenders.

Kane is top quality. Grealish is top quality. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if Grealish outscores KDB this DGW. I ll be called foolish now but this time a week from now I could easily revisit this post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

It depends how much you fear not having KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Only way I can get KDB in, and looking at the fixtures long run, he is a man I want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im looking at the same 2 moves for a -4. Also debating upgrading KWP to Stones for a -8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Im looking at the same 2 moves for a -4. Also debating upgrading KWP to Stones for a -8

I dunno I'm always very wary of pep in these dgws

Are you BB regardless?

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I dunno I'm always very wary of pep in these dgws

Ake & Laporte aren't fit, comofirmed by Pep today. Stones is playing these 2 games. If KDB is dropped (I don't think he will be)) he will play 1 game at least. Im not overly concerned about KDB as I am getting him in as a blocker for my personal leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

I'm in the same boat regarding KWP to city defender for -8. Would give me 11 double game players. Would also have 3 Leeds on bench. BB would be tempting. Not sure I'll have the bench to have a decent BB in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Ederson
    Chilwell Dias Coufal
    KDB (C) Grealish Son Bowen
    Kane Wilson Bamford

Martinez Dier Maguire Saka

I have 10 DGW players. I feel like this is as good a chance as any to use the Bench Boost. Some players with good single gameweek fixtures and most with good DGW fixtures. There’s a danger of rotation and bookings but later on in the year who knows what form some teams will be in. I also want to use my wildcard, free hit and TC around the business end of the season.

Are you BB regardless?

Im bench boosting. I set-up for this the last few weeks and basically don't want to have to do the same with my second WC whenever I use it. I willl still have that WC and TC to go to war with. it's never usually a hit for me at the end of the season. How often do you see a team with 15DGW players where a load of them get rotated anyway? Each to there own of course

Martinez

Dias - Justin - Chilwell

KDB (C) - Salah - Bruno - Son - Soucek

--- Bamford -- Antonio

Johnstone - Stones - Coufal - Brewster

I know there's a hit involved but I feel who I am bringing in are holds for a few weeks at least so that is in my mind as well

Im bench boosting. I set-up for this the last few weeks and basically don't want to have to do the same with my second WC whenever I use it. I willl still have that WC and TC to go to war with. it's never usually a hit for me at the end of the season. How often do you see a team with 15DGW players where a load of them get rotated anyway? Each to there own of course

Martinez

Dias - Justin - Chilwell

KDB (C) - Salah - Bruno - Son - Soucek

--- Bamford -- Antonio

Johnstone - Stones - Coufal - Brewster

I know there's a hit involved but I feel who I am bringing in are holds for a few weeks at least so that is in my mind as well

Yeah that looks like a really solid team for the DD, debating the same with McCarthy - Stones (-4) - Bamford - Davis for the exact same reason.

The closer it is to the end of the year the more likely we have rotations rests etc. Might be best to just get it out of the way and run with a single keeper etc, on the wildcard.

Really nice team!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think I am going to TC KDB he was in hard luck no to get massive scores in the last two games.

I do have a quandary though I have 1.2m itb which means I could get Sterling out for Salah is it worth it? Will Sterling be benched for at least one of the two games?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Playing the BB chip and have 13 DGW players plus Bamford and Ward Prowse, starting from -4 and fully looking forward to the inevitable epic fail :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Has there been any update on Charlie Taylor?

Advertisement