Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Triple Captain Bamford here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

siblers wrote: »
    Man City, Everton, Burnley, Fulham have doubles in GW24

Southampton and Leeds have doubles in GW25

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2014813?sf242649794=1

GW24:

Burnley v Fulham and Palace
    Man City v Spurs and Everton
    Fulham v Burnley and Everton
    Everton v Man City and Fulham

GW25:

Leeds v Southampton and Wolves
    Southampton v Leeds and Chelsea

Have 3 City and 1 Fulham. And then 2 Leeds for the following week. 2 free transfers this week. Not sure what an optimal number for gameweek 24 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Double Burnley defence (if Charlie Taylor manages to get fit) for the win!

GW23: Brighton
    GW24: Palace & Fulham
    GW25: WBA

This has been weeks in the making!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Fitz* wrote: »

Matt Lowton aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Three City, 1 Everton, Leeds, Southampton.

Might go Johnstone to Pope but probably nothing else.

Assume those who double know are unlikely to double in 26/7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Three City, 1 Everton, Leeds, Southampton.

Might go Johnstone to Pope but probably nothing else.

Assume those who double know are unlikely to double in 26/7?

These are the games originally postponed due to Covid. GW26 is for games cancelled due to the Cup, so very possible some of these could also double in GW26.

We won’t know until after the 5th round next week.

Benimar wrote: »
    These are the games originally postponed due to Covid. GW26 is for games cancelled due to the Cup, so very possible some of these could also double in GW26.

We won’t know until after the 5th round next week.

True but Leeds are very likely to not double now as they and their opponents are out of the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I've 7 for those DGWs but 3 Are City so will definitely be rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are many wildcarding in 25 ahead of 26? I think the Leeds v Southampton game going into 25 rather than 26 doesn’t help.

Southampton could very well have 3 consecutive DGWs so they will undoubtedly be heavily represented in my wildcard, but Leeds won’t have one in 26 so they don’t fit amazingly into the bench boost plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Are WHU going to double at some stage in this? I like Antonio's next two and he's better than DCL imo. But the benching headache of the Watkins Bamford Antonio lineup is horrendous. Want to see if I should wait one week or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks good, think I'll get a Burnely defender in this week, I can afford Coufal to Mee, so think I'll do that.

Both due a rise soon, if they both rise togehter I can't afford the switch, if Coufal rises before Mee, I gain .1 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    Are many wildcarding in 25 ahead of 26? I think the Leeds v Southampton game going into 25 rather than 26 doesn’t help.

Southampton could very well have 3 consecutive DGWs so they will undoubtedly be heavily represented in my wildcard, but Leeds won’t have one in 26 so they don’t fit amazingly into the bench boost plan.

Fixtures and injuries would put me off Southampton at the moment but of course a lot can change before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Not sure. I can't make head nor tail of organising my doubles and bench boost and / or triple captain. Never mind the wildcard! Team feels so template but I don't know what else can be done atm than go with the flow for a couple of weeks.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Are WHU going to double at some stage in this? I like Antonio's next two and he's better than DCL imo. But the benching headache of the Watkins Bamford Antonio lineup is horrendous. Want to see if I should wait one week or not.

Only if they beat United in the FA Cup or there is a postponement. Feels like a while since we’ve had COVID chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

3 city, 1 Leeds and 1 Southampton. I'd likely bring in a Burnley defender for week 24 though and maybe swap him out then for a Leeds defender then. Fulham don't have anyone worth bringing in ATM, and with Everton against City, I wouldn't be expecting anything off DCL there and he's the only one of them worth bringing in.

If Southampton get some form together though, Ings could be worth a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

titan18 wrote: »
    3 city, 1 Leeds and 1 Southampton. I'd likely bring in a Burnley defender for week 24 though and maybe swap him out then for a Leeds defender then. Fulham don't have anyone worth bringing in ATM, and with Everton against City, I wouldn't be expecting anything off DCL there and he's the only one of them worth bringing in.

If Southampton get some form together though, Ings could be worth a shout

Digne and Hamez surely worth some consideration.

Digne and Hamez surely worth some consideration.

Not sure about Hamez but Digne defo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is anyone with 2 city defenders thinking of moving to 2 city midfielders. I know the run of CS have been unbelievable but the fixtures were as good as it gets for C.S. prospects. My 3 city are Dias, cancelo and gundogan. I dont really see myself captaining gundogan and am thinking I want Sterling if Kdb isnt back. Dias isnt going anywhere but would it be crazy to do cancelo to lowton this week and son to sterling next week.

Is anyone with 2 city defenders thinking of moving to 2 city midfielders. I know the run of CS have been unbelievable but the fixtures were as good as it gets for C.S. prospects. My 3 city are Dias, cancelo and gundogan. I dont really see myself captaining gundogan and am thinking I want Sterling if Kdb isnt back. Dias isnt going anywhere but would it be crazy to do cancelo to lowton this week and son to sterling next week.
    Cancelo carried as much threats as the midfielders in a lot of the games I’ve seen. Dias has less threat but he comes with the benefit of being the closest thing to nailed that they have after Ederson.

Sterling has a higher ceiling and a lower floor for sure so could be a better captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cancelo carried as much threats as the midfielders in a lot of the games I’ve seen. Dias has less threat but he comes with the benefit of being the closest thing to nailed that they have after Ederson.

Sterling has a higher ceiling and a lower floor for sure so could be a better captain.
    Other option is turn gundogan and son into lookman/raphina and sterling. Think ill bank this week anyway.

• Advertisement

Other option is turn gundogan and son into lookman/raphina and sterling. Think ill bank this week anyway.

Banking this week sounds like a good shout. I like the move if you’re not high on Gundo. I will be sticking with Gundo though and using transfers to bring in more DGWers for 24 before I likely wildcard in 25 (which means I don’t have to plan for Leeds and Southampton in 23/24)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Only have 3 Man City with a DGW in either 24 or 25. Think I'll only bring in Pope for 24 and Bamford and Dallas for 25. I don't want to get too concerned with DGW players, especially when itll mean benching players with good single fixtures.

Would be mental to sell Dias or Cancelo.

Raphina and Sterling is a no-brainer where Son is concerned.

One could argue Raphina and GunDuggan is as good.

I’ve the same 3 City as you and the only one I’d consider selling would be GunDuggan to bring in KDB. I don’t see that happening for at least a few weeks yet. I may even finish the season with the 3 I already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is gw 26 still going to be a big dgw?
    I still have bb and want to get it out of the way in some of the upcoming gws.

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Is gw 26 still going to be a big dgw?
    I still have bb and want to get it out of the way in some of the upcoming gws.
    Looks that way. The only game that was announced yesterday that I had pencilled in to be in 26 before the announcement was Leeds v Southampton.

All those FA Cup Quarter Final postponements have to go somewhere and there is no more obvious place for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Looks that way. The only game that was announced yesterday that I had pencilled in to be in 26 before the announcement was Leeds v Southampton.

All those FA Cup Quarter Final postponements have to go somewhere and there is no more obvious place for them.
    Hopefully we find out before the gameweek 24 starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna aim for a Bench Boost DGW26. There doesn't seem to be same type of fixtures as the last DGW where everyone wanted double Man City etc. There should be a more varied spread of players this time around.

I wanted to BB last time around but injuries struck and it just wasn't worth it.

Wildcard out of in GW27 will a long term view, avoiding BGW29 completely. BGW29 is gonna be a minefield really.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

All aboard the triple Burnley defence train.

Gonna aim for a Bench Boost DGW26. There doesn't seem to be same type of fixtures as the last DGW where everyone wanted double Man City etc. There should be a more varied spread of players this time around.

I wanted to BB last time around but injuries struck and it just wasn't worth it.

Wildcard out of in GW27 will a long term view, avoiding BGW29 completely. BGW29 is gonna be a minefield really.

I'm tempted by similar but not sure you need to WC out of 26, it'll be mostly good players you have

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Hopefully we find out before the gameweek 24 starts.
    As a GW25 wildcarder, it is probably in my interest for that not to happen, although I'm not petty enough to actively hope for people to not have info (especially since it doesn't make a difference what I hope for).

If people don't know which of the GW24/25 DGW teams have DGWs scheduled for other specific weeks also, it makes the planning process for the next few weeks more complicated. If you know Burnley, Everton, Fulham or Southampton have DGWs in 26 to go with their current one it makes it much easier to load up on them now.

I've a feeling I will wildcard 3 Southampton and 2 Leeds in 25 and then move 1 of the Leeds to a DGWer in 26 (so having 14 DGW players and then probably Bamford or Raphinha in 26 bench boost). If Southampton don't get the 3rd DGW against City and Sheff United in 27 then I probably won't have 3 of them and will decide between having 1 or 2 (probably Ings and McCarthy if I decide to have 2).

The amount of good teams that are likely to have DGWs makes it easier to both plan for without a wildcard (if you're not bench boosting), but also to wildcard a great team that you're not wanting to gut when GW27 comes around.

Advertisement