Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

joney wrote: »
    Just off the phone to 1800595595 northern Irish accent, told they no longer offer the data user plan, where now? Fed up with Tesco

Have a look at Vodafone X plans, that’s good deal too. Apparently it is open to everyone now so prob the reason they stopped offering Data user plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Good when it lasted and thanks to corks finest for bringing it to our attention.

@Mods - please mark as expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just rang and it was all going smoothly and then the bad news came
    It’s expired :-(

RIP data user plan you will be missed

Thought you were on it ages ago OMG :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Seems the Vodafone X is just for students according to their website anyway ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

BigAl81 wrote: »

Def not anymore, the Vodafone rep confirmed the student restriction has officially been removed though the website would lead you to believe its just for students

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looks like I got in just in time. :-D

MarkR wrote: »
    Looks like I got in just in time. :-D

Is it called "Student offer" in the app? If so then yes you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just off the phone to 1800595595 northern Irish accent, told they no longer offer the data user plan, where now? Fed up with Tesco
    X plan is good

X plan is good
    BigAl81 wrote: »
    I'm nearly 60, so it's open,I was offered it months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

[EXPIRED] :-(

Pity - I had a few candidates lined up to move - looks like they'll stick where they are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

X plan is good

Yep, if you're not a big minute user, then it's a great deal. If for nothing else other than far superior internet coverage than the opposition can offer, and let's face it, if you really need to have a lengthy chat with someone, they're most likely on whatsapp/viber/facetime anyway.

That student offer deal that they've just knocked on the head is incredible value though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

One wonders why they are stopping it unless they have another offering on the way......

TheDriver wrote: »
    One wonders why they are stopping it unless they have another offering on the way......

I would say they will leave it to the new year as they will always gain some customers over Christmas anyway. Maybe someone could act dumb and call them and see what they will offer to get them to port in.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I would say they will leave it to the new year as they will always gain some customers over Christmas anyway. Maybe someone could act dumb and call them and see what they will offer to get them to port in.
    Fancy the X deal ,,, talking about it for yonks

True. Except all us bargain hunters are either on this plan or eir 30 for 20 plan

True. Except all us bargain hunters are either on this plan or eir 30 for 20 plan
    Can't see why they won't continue with it, must be a winner all round

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

I think the huge attraction here was getting Vodafone quality for Lyca prices. It's been rare over the years for Vodafone to be in anyway competitive in the PAYG market. The network, for the majority of people, cannot be beaten for stability and consistency (Anyone who's used 3 data or Eir with all their recent outages will testify to that)

X Weekend is definitely the next best out there as you'll never need to worry about Data given that you get the guts of 100gb per month

Another poster earlier mentioned Yolla for cheap extra minutes with no expiry and my (limited) experience with it has been very good so could be an option for when the 100minutes or unlimited weekend calls aren't enough.

For anyone who really wants this deal it might be worth keeping an eye, it's the first of the month so maybe it simply needs reactivating if there was an expiry date of 30th October on it. Enough calls and demand might help someone on the sales team to give marketing a nudge!

I'd disagree with you about eir, I find it Rock solid. Vodafone does have its outages too. However three is no comparison to both eir and Vodafone.

I'd disagree with you about eir, I find it Rock solid. Vodafone does have its outages too. However three is no comparison to both eir and Vodafone.
    I'm the opposite,was with eir( absolutely a nightmare to deal with/ customer care abysmal)

I'm going to lock this thread as BA is now gone and we'll have a new thread for a new deal. If anyone has reason for me to unlock it, PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Final Question!

Is there a way to set a recurring add-on for the €15 unlimited calls?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

No, add ons have to be bought manually, from the app, web portal or by text.

back door now bolted shut

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement