Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is there any difference to one hundred international minutes and one hundred Irish landlines and mobiles?

One is for calling abroad and one isn’t
    Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

hi how do i get this deal?.i am a current payg vodafone customer im on chat extra 20 euro a month with free unlimited calls to any network and texts,but only 2gb data.

any help be great,also could i use my current sim for this offer or do i need a new sim?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Have a read of the first couple of pages of this and the last couple pages. It has all the info many times over. In short you can’t get it as an existing customer- you HAVE to port out to another network and back in again. All other info is contained within the thread, just throw a quick look over the last few pages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

bassy wrote: »
    hi how do i get this deal?.i am a current payg vodafone customer im on chat extra 20 euro a month with free unlimited calls to any network and texts,but only 2gb data.

any help be great,also could i use my current sim for this offer or do i need a new sim?.

If only there was a thread with all the answers.

@corks finest is there any chance you can update the first post to contain all the info and process so it’s quicker for people to find the info? Or possibly update the thread title with ref to a post number with it all?

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Ah-Watch wrote: »
    @corks finest is there any chance you can update the first post to contain all the info and process so it’s quicker for people to find the info?  Or possibly update the thread title with ref to a post number with it all?

Just read the thread
    Jesus what is it with people these days they want to have everything on a plate
    Generation of precious snowflakes lol
    If you want to save money then read the thread and if not jog on

I’m well aware of what the plan is , how to get it and all that and you’ll see I was following it and commenting on the thread from the start. I’ve also given background  info and work arounds  for certain situations because I worked for the network for 7 years. The reason I asked him to update it was because I’m tired of seeing the same thing , people asking how to get the plan without eve reading the thread which contains all the answers which could save people money each month  which is why I suggested editing the original post if at all possible. That’s all! I just refrained from calling people out directly like that ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107784419&postcount=1066

Sir Dosser wrote: »

If only there was a thread with all the answers.
    There is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 27 podger79

I ported last week and my Vodafone line became active last Friday and now a week later still no plan,I see most people said it took 4 days has anybody had it go longer or should I call the mobile sales team back thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

podger79 wrote: »
    I ported last week and my Vodafone line became active last Friday and now a week later still no plan,I see most people said it took 4 days has anybody had it go longer or should I call the mobile sales team back thanks

From reading the thread call 1747

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Hey I'm in the same boat, maybe something's happening on the sales team end. They're supposed to be the ones that send the request for the DATA USER PLAN to be applied to your number. I just talked to the india folks and they've said they just sent a reminder to the sales team, and in the mean time they added another 5GB data to my account

Nuno wrote: »
    Hey I'm in the same boat, maybe something's happening on the sales team end. They're supposed to be the ones that send the request for the DATA USER PLAN to be applied to your number. I just talked to the india folks and they've said they just sent a reminder to the sales team, and in the mean time they added another 5GB data to my account

Plan usually activates around 2pm on Fridays.

I try that now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Plan usually activates around 2pm on Fridays.

Just got a text there now. I'm set up on the Student Offer and received the €20 credit.

Mine is active now as well thanks everybody for the help great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Just got a text there now. I'm set up on the Student Offer and received the €20 credit.

Friday seems to be the lucky day! Enjoy.

3/4 days is average I think(for me3

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Alright lads, I am porting from tesco mobile to the data user plan

I rang vodafone mobile sale team in NI for a sim last friday at 1pm.

Sim was delivered at 1pm today.

Tesco sim stopped working at 130pm today.

I got a text to my tesco sim before it died that said "to facilitate your move to vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period, please check your voicemail now, thank you"

I put the vodafone sim into my phone and rang my old tesco mobile number and the phone rang with the new sim installed.

Does that mean I am fully ported?

I rang the NI sales team to ask about activation and she said I am already activated but I never got the text most people on the thread got to say I am activated.

I have read post 1066.

I'm just wondering how I get the free credit/texts now or will I not get them because I am already ported?

Also I never got the €20 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I got a text to my tesco sim before it died that said "to facilitate your move to vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period, please check your voicemail now, thank you"

I put the vodafone sim into my phone and rang my old tesco mobile number and the phone rang with the new sim installed.

I rang the NI sales team to ask about activation and she said I am already activated but I never got the text most people on the thread got to say I am activated.

I have read post 1066.

I'm just wondering how I get the free credit/texts now or will I not get them because I am already ported?

Yeah if your old number is ringing with the new sim installed, then it's ported.

As for activation, register your number and download the vodafone app. Open the app and and go to the main page. There should be "Student Offer" written at the bottom. If it's not there, then you're not activated yet.

If you only got ported today, I doubt you're already activated. Maybe she just misunderstood you. It usually takes a few days to activate, usually 3 or 4 days.

Thanks for your reply james.

I just downloaded the vodafone app and registered and got €10 free credit.

On the main screen it says nothing about a student offer so I must not be activated yet.

I rang 1907 to try to get some free minutes/data and someone in a foreign call centre answered and had no clue what I was talking about.

Maybe I should call back the mobile sales team in NI to try get the free minutes/data?

Rang 1907 twice and got 2 foreign people, i asked about the free calls/data to tide my over and they had no clue what I was talking about.
    Rand the NI mobile sales team and he hdnt got a clue about the free calls/data either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Thanks for your reply james.

I just downloaded the vodafone app and registered and got €10 free credit.

On the main screen it says nothing about a student offer so I must not be activated yet.

I rang 1907 to try to get some free minutes/data and someone in a foreign call centre answered and had no clue what I was talking about.

Maybe I should call back the mobile sales team in NI to try get the free minutes/data?

Rang 1907 twice and got 2 foreign people, i asked about the free calls/data to tide my over and they had no clue what I was talking about.
    Rand the NI mobile sales team and he hdnt got a clue about the free calls/data either

I called 1747. Maybe try that.

I got through to an asian call centre too and the 1st fella who answered had no clue. That seems pretty common. Thankfully I was transferred to another guy who knew what I was asking for and got me sorted.

I would say call 1747 tomorrow and tell them that you already signed up for a plan but it's taking a few days to activate. And then tell them you need minutes and data so you can use your phone in the mean time.

I have read post 1066.

It'll come soon,if not contact,patience

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Lads... Any one know how this price plan fairs out in sweden? :confused:
    Heading off in the morn for a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Was ported Monday and got the text only just now to say "Your balance is 22.71 EUR. Your offer is Free texts to any network and free internet (Exclusive) until 25-10-2018, 15000.00 MB Data Allowance until 25-10-2018"

So 3 days waiting as others have said. Bit frustrating having to wait but all good now.

Thanks OP and others.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Lads... Any one know how this price plan fairs out in sweden? :confused:
    Heading off in the morn for a few days?

Sweden is in the EU so it will work exactly as it does at home. No extra charges.

just got the activation text there.

Ordered sim friday, got delivered monday, plan activated thursday.

All very easy.

Does anyone know where to find the vodafone APN settings?

I cant find them on vodafone.ie

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

just got the activation text there.

Ordered sim friday, got delivered monday, plan activated thursday.

All very easy.

Does anyone know where to find the vodafone APN settings?

I cant find them on vodafone.ie

Thanks guys

https://www.apnsettings.org/ireland/vodafone-ireland-4g-apn-settings-for-android/

roper1664 wrote: »
    Was ported Monday and got the text only just now to say "Your balance is 22.71 EUR. Your offer is Free texts to any network and free internet (Exclusive) until 25-10-2018, 15000.00 MB Data Allowance until 25-10-2018"

So 3 days waiting as others have said. Bit frustrating having to wait but all good now.

Thanks OP and others.
    Worth the wait bud,best out there for the price

Good freebie from Vodafone this week.
    Have a #FantasticBirthday! We want to help you celebrate the occasion by giving you 20GB of data absolutely free for the next 28 days, all to say thanks for being with Vodafone. To claim your data, simply go to the My Vodafone app before 01/10/2018 and visit the offers section. T&Cs vodafone.ie/terms. Opt out call 1800200234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Following this thread now with gusto.

Are they really worth the switch?

Eir are driving me up the wall with the state of the 4g in Dublin cc. I really miss ID.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement