Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Genghis

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Yeah Vodafone isn't for Android users on 8.0 or above if they need to tether.

I've a Nokia 7 plus, Android 8.1, tether no issue. I use it every day. Only APN I have is the Live one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Tethering was working on the phone earlier using Three and I have credit.
    Are there any settings I can change or anything?
    The phone's a Mi A1 with android 8.1

Set APN type to default or blank.

If that doesn't work, set phone to 3G and try to tether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sean46795

Received my sim for this plan in the post today. Can anyone advise on what to do next? Do I just stay on my current network until I receive the text to say my number is porting to another network?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sean46795 wrote: »
    Received my sim for this plan in the post today. Can anyone advise on what to do next?
    Read the thread.
    Do I just stay on my current network until I receive the text to say my number is porting to another network?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Got the hallowed text Yesterday. All set up. well worth the small wait.

I have read the entire thread and i think i saw it mentioned before(i was drunk reading :P)

The Vodafone app, just hangs / spins on getting balance. I assume it takes a few days for the systems to sync up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Have you registered your number on the app, I think I waited a week and registered a number and the free tenner went on

Cheers Omega,

I registered on the website(got the tenner) a few days ago and logged in with those details.

I'll give it another few days

Edit: It was Pi-hole blocking the ads in the app. all sorted now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Got the hallowed text Yesterday. All set up. well worth the small wait.

I have read the entire thread and i think i saw it mentioned before(i was drunk reading :P)

The Vodafone app, just hangs / spins on getting balance. I assume it takes a few days for the systems to sync up?
    Doesn't open a lot of the time

Doesn't open a lot of the time

My oh said the same thing and when I checked the phone it was connected to WiFi
    Im on the app for months,will open eventually/mostly, whether or which,this deal is fab

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

How does this plan work out in terms of calls/data roaming does anyone know?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    How does this plan work out in terms of calls/data roaming does anyone know?

As with all Vodafone plans and add-ons, this plan (and associated add-ons) works in its entirely when roaming in the EEA.

Indeed, Vodafone also applies EEA roaming rates in a few non-EEA countries such as Switzerland, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

opening the app on wifi ( specially the restricted one at work , but sometimes even the one at home ) is a hit and miss , always saying something about 'timed out' , or asking to re-enter the user and pass.
    On own vodafone mobile internet 3G network works fine, no need to input user/pass , it's saved in the memory

@roaming : in roaming , the internet on the phone was routed through vodafone ireland proxy..

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

If you’re opening the app on WiFi it’s not going to work properly, best opened using data from what I understand

I've used both the Android and IOS app, both on wifi and data.

Yes, App seems more reliable using data but generally I don't have problems on wifi often.

If app won't open properly (spinning circle &/or timeouts) try killing it and open it again, this normally workk but will involve logging in again.

On IOS app, I've had issues killing app and reopening so much so I often have to uninstall and reinstall app ---- what a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My router went down last night so resorted to trying to use my phone. Stuck with 3g all night! Time to move to VF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Great thread, thanks for all the tips.

Just to check, if I want a bundle, say the €15 for unlimited calls, do I need to text in every 28days to get this bundle, or can I set it up automatically does anyone know?

Thanks,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BigAl81 wrote: »

Just to check, if I want a bundle, say the €15 for unlimited calls, do I need to text in every 28days to get this bundle, or can I set it up automatically does anyone know?

Thanks,
    Al.
    If you have an Android phone you can install an app called "Do it Later". It can send the text every 28 or 30 days for you. Or you can get them in the app yourself but that does require you to remember or set a reminder to remind you to buy them/top up.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Thanks,
    Al.
    If you have an Android phone you can install an app called "Do it Later". It can send the text for you each 28 or 30 days for you. Or you can get them in the app yourself but that does require you to remember or set a reminder to remind you to buy them/top up.
    Must get the do it later jobby,memory is awful

Hi,

I've rang 1800 59 55 95 a few times and press 2 for sales. I get a message that all agents are busy, then a message "we are unable to connect you call" and they hang up.

Has the number changed? I've tried all morning but no joy ;(

Thanks,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Inserted new SIM and old sim dead, what time span am I looking at for completion of change over?
    TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Hi,

I've rang 1800 59 55 95 a few times and press 2 for sales. I get a message that all agents are busy, then a message "we are unable to connect you call" and they hang up.

Has the number changed? I've tried all morning but no joy ;(

Thanks,
    Al.

Yeah that's the correct number. I'd say try again later or even tomorrow.

Inserted new SIM and old sim dead, what time span am I looking at for completion of change over?
    TIA!

Do you have a signal on the new sim? If so, then the port is complete.

If you're talking about the activation of the plan, then it can take 3 -5 days. Call Customer Care and ask for an allowance of data, minutes and texts to use for a few days.

Do you have a signal on the new sim? If so, then the port is complet
    Went live six hours later thanks

• Advertisement

I see why people complain about the app- it's brutal

TIA!
    Did u wait untill old son died? If so it's pretty quick

TIA!
    Did u wait untill old sim died? If so it's pretty quick
    I

Just to clarify, this offer is 15gb data, with unlimited calls and texts to any network? Trying to get my other half to move off contract, but the best they're offering is Vodafone X (which is still a lot better than what she's on).

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Doesn’t anyone read threads anymore

As stated in the thread numerous times

Get back in the bed and try getting out the other side :)

Basil3 the offer to move to X is a good one if already on the network particularly the one with unlimited everything at weekends.

All comes down to usage patterns though as to whether data user and porting out and in is worth the hassle.

Data user for low data users and heavy talkers / people who don't want to worry about minutes remaining(it's only 500mb per day)

X weekend for heavy data users and low minute users - it gives up to 100gb per month - 20gb basic allowance and 20gb every weekend along with unlimited weekend calls and 100 minutes outside of that. Unlimited texts at all times

Doesn’t anyone read threads anymore

If someone Is already on Vodafone then the data user plan is not an option for them, they will have to port out to another network and then back to Vodafone for the data user plan.
    As stated in the thread numerous times the data user plan covers 15 gb of data and unlimited texts to any network for €20 top up every 28 days, the top up remains on the phone to use as you wish, there is an option for unlimited calls to any network for €15, it’s up to the user what they spend their credit on depending on their usage, some people prefer the Vodafone X deal for the various perks just compare the 2 plans

I do read threads, just not 1500 posts worth. I was just asking for clarification on the OP, because it wasn't clear. Thanks for your response :)

It was half a joke and half not lol
    Seriously though,the thread is full of what the deal entails on almost every page, people always comeback saying “I’m not reading 1500 posts”
    Every few days it’s the same thing

Don't worry, I spent years on XDA where you do actually have to read the thread. The difference there is that the search function actually works, and the OP can be edited and updated with relevant information without any restrictions.

moderators don't seem to want to update the first post with a sticky for some reason

Which one are you going with data plan or the x ?
    There is a data plan user in this house and they have €80 credit built up, they are a very light user which works out great as they can skip a few months of topping up and just buy the data and text bundle

I think I'll move her to the X Music, because she's used to having Spotify with her current Vodafone plan.

That said, she could move to the data plan, and then I'm assuming she could then spend her unused credit on a subscription to Play Music or something.

Either one is a good deal. She's currently on a €40/month plan, but the bill is regularly €50-60.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think I'll move her to the X Music, because she's used to having Spotify with her current Vodafone plan.

That said, she could move to the data plan, and then I'm assuming she could then spend her unused credit on a subscription to Play Music or something.

Either one is a good deal. She's currently on a €40/month plan, but the bill is regularly €50-60.

Think about the music decision. By choosing that over Weekend you are valuing giving up unlimited weekend calls, texts and data at €5 per month when it is worth a hell of alot more than that. (Spotify can be added to any Payg plan for €5)

• Advertisement

jamescd wrote: »
    Yeah that's the correct number. I'd say try again later or even tomorrow.

Still no answer on 1800 59 55 95 after 2 days. I'll keep trying I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement