Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Can buy them from the app either. Very easy to ask Google to remind her every 28 days to buy calls add-on.

Could be easier to switch to Smart Extra
    Unlimited Vodafone calls & texts

100 Any network minutes & texts

6GB data

And avoid the hassle .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    sharkman wrote: »
    Could be easier to switch to Smart Extra
    Unlimited Vodafone calls & texts

100 Any network minutes & texts

6GB data

And avoid the hassle .....

What hassle lol
    If you see that as hassle then go onto Vodafone x
    Good idea,no hassles FFS

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Long gone are the days of proper hassle
    Walking to the phone box with change only to find out it’s not working

I know , but its for my 80 Mum , trying to get her to send a text at the best of times is bad . For the loss of 9Gb of Data I could change her over and not have to worry about missing the promotion .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I know , but its for my 80 Mum , trying to get her to send a text at the best of times is bad . For the loss of 9Gb of Data I could change her over and not have to worry about missing the promotion .

You could remotely buy add ons for her by logging in to the Vodafone portal with her login details.

Should will be on twitter,and FB next

• Advertisement

Should will be on twitter,and FB next

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Got my Mum ported over onto the plan easy enough , but when I checked her balance today after paying the €20 on 25/10 it was only €1.91 . Customer service tell me she needs to send a text "TALK" to 50233 every month ....
    Is this correct ????
    Click on link below for list of add-ons and how much they cost.For example the unlimited calls to any Irish number is €15 out of the €20 top up.Text TALK to 50233.Free text BAL to 50233 for info on remaining minutes, texts and data on any of the add-ons.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Quackster wrote: »
    That's interesting. Is it labelled in the app as 'promotional data'? It's one annoyance I have with Vodafone that the data allowance with the earliest expiry date isn't always used first.

Yeah it's labeled as Promotional Data, with no expiry date. Below it just says 'Not Available Right Now'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Does anyone know for sure, how long you can go between top ups without losing offer, I have tried for 1 month and on next top up offer is activated.
    I will be away for 2 months so wondering if that would be fine too if I don’t top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

deep1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure, how long you can go between top ups without losing offer, I have tried for 1 month and on next top up offer is activated.
    I will be away for 2 months so wondering if that would be fine too if I don’t top up.

At very minimum 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

deep1 wrote: »

You can leave it at long as you want, the plan is on your account and will be activated whenever you top up by €20. You just need to top up at least every 180 days to continue to be able to call/text & use data or every 240 days to prevent the SIM from being deactivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭captainkeg

What is story with texts on this plan, do any texts come with the 15 gig data for top up?
    My plan was to top up by E20 then use E15 to get unlimited calls, not sure what to do with the leftover 5 (don’t see a text bundle there for E5)
    Also does anyone know if the cheaper spotify add on can be purchased under this plan (the 5.99 one?)

captainkeg wrote: »
    What is story with texts on this plan, do any texts come with the 15 gig data for top up?
    My plan was to top up by E20 then use E15 to get unlimited calls, not sure what to do with the leftover 5 (don’t see a text bundle there for E5)
    Also does anyone know if the cheaper spotify add on can be purchased under this plan (the 5.99 one?)

All answered a million times before in this thread but in case you missed it. You get 15gb and unlimited Irish texts when you top up. You can then buy the spoify add-on for €5 via the app. Spotify will automatically renew each month.

There's only one text add on for 15 which is the worst value on the planet BUT once you have data, there's 600 free webtext per month which works once the number is active for outgoing calls (top up within 180 days of last top up).

Also AFAIK webtext from Vodafone app is free* and since data via the app is free*, there's absolutely no reason to pay for text anymore

*Can someone confirm this ie any VF app usage is free outside of active plan dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There's only one text add on for 15 which is the worst value on the planet BUT once you have data, there's 600 free webtext per month which works once the number is active for outgoing calls (top up within 180 days of last top up).

Also AFAIK webtext from Vodafone app is free* and since data via the app is free*, there's absolutely no reason to pay for text anymore

*Can someone confirm this ie any VF app usage is free outside of active plan dates?
    am I missing something here? Texts are free, and unlimited, to all Irish networks on the plan.

dodzy wrote: »
    am I missing something here? Texts are free, and unlimited, to all Irish networks on the plan.

He means if you are trying to get a "free" month by using your credit to buy data/calls.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You can only send fifty webtexts a month from the Vodafone App though. If you want to send any more than that, you must log into the website or use a third-party app.

Data used by the Vodafone app is free AFAIK but it'd be risky trying to use it without an active data allowance as as soon as you turn on mobile data on your phone, you'll be charged €1.99 for even the smallest amount of data used by anything else. Worth trying if the balance on your account is less than €1.99 though.

There's 2 text add-ons; 100 texts for €5 and unlimited for €15. And as Quackster said, it's only 50 webtexts if you use the app. I guess you could also open up Chrome or another browser on your phone, log in to the vodafone website and use the 600 webtexts there. But if you text fairly regularly, I'd imagine it'd be too much hassle having to do that every single time. I'd only recommend it for people who text very little.

There's 2 text add-ons; 100 texts for €5 and unlimited for €15.

My bad, for some reason they've only listed the 15euro add-on on their add on page...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html
    ...while both are listed in My Vodafone
    I was talking about skipping a month of topping up and buying bundles with spare credit
    Metoo

There's an android app that works well with Vodafone webtext, thread about it here...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057126777
    ...and download it here...
    https://m.apkpure.com/swiftsms/com.swift

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭captainkeg

Ok so rang up and got straight through to someone who knew what I wanted,SIM card on the way,it’s def the data user plan as described here
    1 thing that was different though, customer service rep was saying I would have to
    Top up by e20 myself at the start which is contrary to what everyone is saying here

• Advertisement

Forget what she said and wait for the free top up and that will let you know the plan has kicked in

^^

This. I was also told there's no free €20 but I got it anyway.

jamescd wrote: »
    Forget what she said and wait for the free top up and that will let you know the plan has kicked in

^^

This. I was also told there's no free €20 but I got it anyway.
    Definitely get it

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Ok, so, have been on the plan a month, topped up a few days back and had €20 credit...today all credit gone????

Do I have to opt into the Unlimited Any Network Calls, €15 every month???

jim salter wrote: »
    Ok, so, have been on the plan a month, topped up a few days back and had €20 credit...today all credit gone????

Yes,but can set up a recurring effort, get onto live chat etc ref where you're credit went

Duplicate post

Yes,but can set up a recurring effort, get onto live chat etc ref where you're credit went

Is there an option for the recurring calls? (Can't see it on the web site and can't seem to log in to the app)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

jim salter wrote: »

Yes you have to buy add-on each month.

When you top up €20 you are getting the data and texts only
    Plenty of apps allow calls over data such as WhatsApp so that’s always an option.
    If you don’t buy a call bundle and make calls then you will use all your credit in no time at all

Yeah, €12.06 for a 36 min call!!!!!

That’s how Vodafone make their money

Sorted now. Chat advisor activated the add-on. ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Did they activate it at no charge ?

Yes...they advised I had to text every month...I can't find the recurring option anywhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement