Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Basil3 wrote: »
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    moderators don't seem to want to update the first post with a sticky for some reason

Which one are you going with data plan or the x ?
    There is a data plan user in this house and they have €80 credit built up, they are a very light user which works out great as they can skip a few months of topping up and just buy the data and text bundle

I think I'll move her to the X Music, because she's used to having Spotify with her current Vodafone plan.

That said, she could move to the data plan, and then I'm assuming she could then spend her unused credit on a subscription to Play Music or something.

Either one is a good deal. She's currently on a €40/month plan, but the bill is regularly €50-60.
    X I fancy myself,but when the month top up time comes I crawl back to this, either or either they are both good

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

In case anyone is interested, I rang up this afternoon, got straight through, job done in about 5 minutes.

MarkR wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, I rang up this afternoon, got straight through, job done in about 5 minutes.
    Lucky boy

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

What are people doing for call on this plan ? I am getting the 100 mins but ran out last month.

What are people doing for call on this plan ? I am getting the 100 mins but ran out last month.
    You can buy unlimited calls / texts with the credit you have left

• Advertisement

e15

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Most folk I call are on WhatsApp so I'm sorted with that. For the odd chargeable call I have to make, I've bought some call credit on both the Viber and Yolla apps to try them both out and I've had no issues wth either so far. You can use your Vodafone credit to buy Viber/Yolla credit through the Play Store.

Quackster wrote: »

Most folk I call are on WhatsApp so I'm sorted with that. For the odd chargeable call I have to make, I've bought some call credit on both the Viber and Yolla apps to try them both out and I've had no issues wth either so far. You can use your Vodafone credit to buy Viber/Yolla credit through the Play Store.
    Why go through the hoops when you've it there every month on the VF app,for me personally it's better,no messing about

Why go through the hoops when you've it there every month on the VF app,for me personally it's better,no messing about

Because the Vodafone voice add-ons expire after 28 days. €5 of Viber or Yolla credit lasts me several months. There's no significant effort involved.

And then I can spend the rest of my Vodafone credit on other goodies in the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Because the Vodafone voice add-ons expire after 28 days. €5 of Viber or Yolla credit lasts me several months. There's no significant effort involved.

And then I can spend the rest of my Vodafone credit on other goodies in the Play Store.

I like the look of Yolla. What is 1 min of Irish calls actually being billed to you ? Just wondering how many minutes I'd get out of the €5.20 play store topup

The rates are online but in dollars and the top up is Euro with a service fee through play so just wondering if you've done the maths to save me ;)

• Advertisement

I like the look of Yolla. What is 1 min of Irish calls actually being billed to you ? Just wondering how many minutes I'd get out of the €5.20 play store topup

The rates are online but in dollars and the top up is Euro with a service fee through play so just wondering if you've done the maths to save me ;)

Calls to Irish mobiles work out at 3.25c/min, if you pay €5.2 for $4 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

You pay in euros but your credits stay in dollars. So if you buy the $4, you pay €5+ but you'll have $4 on your account.

jamescd wrote: »
    You pay in euros but your credits stay in dollars. So if you buy the $4, you pay €5+ but you'll have $4 on your account.

So I make that 171 mobile minutes to Ireland for €5.20 and the option to call Internationally for buttons and no expiry.

Seems like a no brainier

So I make that 171 mobile minutes to Ireland for €5.20 and the option to call Internationally for buttons and no expiry.

Seems like a no brainier

Exactly. But more like 173 minutes if I remember correctly when I bought the $4.

Exactly. But more like 173 minutes if I remember correctly when I bought the $4.

Last question before I completely derail the thread. Do they bill a full minute even if you just get voicemail etc..

Last question before I completely derail the thread. Do they bill a full minute even if you just get voicemail etc..

I'm not sure. But I've made calls that lasted like 30 seconds and I'm pretty sure I was charged the full minute for them.

This yolla app looks good, probably won’t work for herself having an iPhone seems to limit what we can spend the credit on

Yep, that sucks

Whatever suits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There are a good few VOIP options available with calls at ½c for landline, 1c for mobile and 1½c for UK landline (ex VAT per min).

"SIP discount" is one of them but there are other brandnames under the same owner that have different rates to cater for variable usage. Needs a VOIP app like CSIPsimple for Android.

Works OK on good 3G but 4G is needed to eliminate any crosstalk.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Is the VF X music plan not better - by the looks of it. €20 top up for 20gb plus Spotify.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Depends on the user and whatever floats there boat, 15gb is loads for me and Spotify doesn’t appeal to me at all
    If you prefer that package and it suits your needs then crack on with it
    I prefer keeping the credit and it works out to be €160 for the year

Thanks for that.
    I am on user plan too but have €50 odd in my account. I buy mins and Spotify too. What else to buy ?

Can I not top up for 1 or 2 months and just buy data and minutes ? Does the plan expire eg 6 mths ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I've been calling for nearly 2 weeks now, I get "welcome to Vodafone", I press 2 for sales, then get "all operators are busy" and they hang up.

I must have tried 20 times now, is there an alternative number does anyone know?

karltimber wrote: »
    Can I not top up for 1 or 2 months and just buy data and minutes ? Does the plan expire eg 6 mths ?

Yeah you can, that's what I've been doing. I've a lot of credit built up too and I've just been buying add-ons.

I don't think the plan expires. But you have to top up every 6 months to keep the SIM card itself active or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I don't think the plan expires. But you have to top up every 6 months to keep the SIM card itself active or something like that.

That's correct.

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I've been calling for nearly 2 weeks now, I get "welcome to Vodafone", I press 2 for sales, then get "all operators are busy" and they hang up.

I must have tried 20 times now, is there an alternative number does anyone know?
    Keep at it

Try from another number. During business hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

vodafone had problems porting my number , I had to call them everyday for about 2 weeks.

I never had your problem, they always answered fairly quick. I'd try ringing them from a different number.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Rang Monday. Sim arrived today while I was in work. They started porting as I was leaving work, so no calls or Internet until I got home.

About that free month, I only had a balance of fifty cent, and couldn't avail of talk offer until I topped up. That normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 joney

Just off the phone to 1800595595 northern Irish accent, told they no longer offer the data user plan, where now? Fed up with Tesco

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement