Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The vault has appeared on 105.7 in Dublin - mainly 70s and 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Infoanon wrote: »
    The vault has appeared on 105.7 in Dublin - mainly 70s and 80s
    No signal out my way. Maybe a rebranded The Beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »
    No signal out my way. Maybe a rebranded The Beach?

I managed to pick up The Vault on 105.7 FM yesterday evening and today around Donnybrook, Clonskeagh and Dundrum. It fades around Ballinteer. I know The Beach used to be picked up in Stillorgan, Leopardstown, Kilmacud and Dundrum. Maybe The Beach is gone or has been rebranded. Otherwise, there could be a problem as there definitely would be an overlap.

Today I also picked up three more largely oldles-oriented stations around Dundrum:
    Retro FM - 92.0 FM - variable reception
    Easy Radio (it plays love songs, which are mainly oldies) - 88.8 FM - good reception and
    Energy AM. - 1395kh (Medium Wave) - very good reception
    Others:
    Phever - 94.3 - very good reception
    Fresh FM - 99.4 - very good reception

99.5 for Fresh surely? You should also be able to get Kiss on 102.5.

Fresh on 99 5,
    Energy AM stream on 99.3 ( was 99.0)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Picked up 1350 AM on Friday from Longford to Enifield when I lost it , relaying all80s ,audio sounded very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Dublin Bandscan for pirate radio activity from Pine Forest carpark Kilakee Dublin Mountains 383 m (1,257 ft) at 12 midday Sunday 13-10-2019

87.6 Chill FM (RDS Serving Up chilled out Groove)
    88.0 Blank Carrier (Church)
    88.8 No sign of Easy Radio (Manx Radio 88.9)
    92.0 No sign of Retro Radio
    94.3 No sign of Phever (BBC Radio Scotland)
    99.3 Energy Am relay (Mono) (Good signal poor audio)
    99.5 Fresh FM (FRESH DUBLIN 99.5 FM/ONLINE 247)
    102.5 1025Kiss (Oldskool & Anthems)
    103.0 Energy 103 (RDS Ratoath’s Energy 103FM)
    104.2 Storm NE (Now Playing; E-Rotic - Fred Come To Bed)
    105.7 No sign of The Vault or The Beach
    107.1 RetroNow (Now: Oceanic by Dexter & Stewart)

Dublin Bandscan for pirate radio activity from Pine Forest carpark Kilakee Dublin Mountains 383 m (1,257 ft) at 12 midday Sunday 13-10-2019

87.6 Chill FM (RDS Serving Up chilled out Groove)
    88.0 Blank Carrier (Church)
    88.8 No sign of Easy Radio (Manx Radio 88.9)
    92.0 No sign of Retro Radio
    94.3 No sign of Phever (BBC Radio Scotland)
    99.3 Energy Am relay (Mono) (Good signal poor audio)
    99.5 Fresh FM (FRESH DUBLIN 99.5 FM/ONLINE 247)
    102.5 1025Kiss (Oldskool & Anthems)
    103.0 Energy 103 (RDS Ratoath’s Energy 103FM)
    104.2 Storm NE (Now Playing; E-Rotic - Fred Come To Bed)
    105.7 No sign of The Vault or The Beach
    107.1 RetroNow (Now: Oceanic by Dexter & Stewart)
    The Vault is on air - 105.7 - Dublin South East

87.6 Chill FM - different site or much reduced power as inaudible in many locations

Sorry, Fresh is on 99.5 (and not 99.4 as I said). Yes, I also picked up Kiss over the last few days on 102.5 and the signal is very strong all over Ballinteer, Dundrum and surrounding areas.
    Infoanon wrote: »
    The Vault is on air - 105.7 - Dublin South East
    Maybe it has replaced The Beach because that covered the same part of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sorry, Fresh is on 99.5 (and not 99.4 as I said). Yes, I also picked up Kiss over the last few days on 102.5 and the signal is very strong all over Ballinteer, Dundrum and surrounding areas.

I picked up kiss1205 all the way out to maynooth last week

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

Got the vault earier in harolds cross but it was patcy. I get kiss 1025 clear to drogheda it is a monster signal . Dublin hasnt had a pirate like it in a very long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Got the vault earier in harolds cross but it was patcy. I get kiss 1025 clear to drogheda it is a monster signal . Dublin hasnt had a pirate like it in a very long time
    Yea I wonder are these guys using a costal site .I left Drogheda on Friday and received it all the way to the roundabout heading into Dundalk. Your right it's a long time since we had a pirate like them

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea I wonder are these guys using a costal site .I left Drogheda on Friday and received it all the way to the roundabout heading into Dundalk. Your right it's a long time since we had a pirate like them

Great era we are in

Maybe howth head? Jingles music sound is all very pro and the music mix is great . Reminds me of energy 94 fron 00s

Maybe howth head? Jingles music sound is all very pro and the music mix is great . Reminds me of energy 94 fron 00s

I wouldnt be surprised as there advertising is in the main north Dublin based

I wouldnt be surprised as there advertising is in the main north Dublin based

We all know where to get a PSA licenced locksmith for sure

If it is coming from Howth Head area, I would say it's the first to come from that area in a long long time. When was the last time a pirate came from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Spirit radio's 549kHz AM currently transmitting 1kHz tone at varying levels, instead of regular audio.

Update 1:30, Just checked again and programme audio has returned

• Advertisement

Sounds good .hope they add to Tune in app , is there a stream link ? The live radio doesn't work on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Sounds good .hope they add to Tune in app , is there a stream link ? The live radio doesn't work on my phone

Working OK for me. TuneIn are not accepting new stations as far as I know. Will try find a direct link.

Working OK for me. TuneIn are not accepting new stations as far as I know. Will try find a direct link.

Yea appolagies got it working .Sounds great .

Yea appolagies got it working .Sounds great .

Here you go for anyone who needs it: http://tachyon.shoutca.st:8446/stream Streaming in AAC+ format.

Here you go for anyone who needs it: http://tachyon.shoutca.st:8446/stream Streaming in AAC+ format.

Sounds great on my phone. Whats the difference between aac and mp3 ?

Sounds great on my phone. Whats the difference between aac and mp3 ?

AAC is better quality at lower bitrates. A 128kbps stream in AAC would be nearly equivalent to a 320kbps Mp3 stream.

That Kiss stream is not working for me today

102.5 Kiss off in Dublin

102.5 Kiss off in Dublin

I believe they are carrying out some maintenance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Only pirate on at this time is Phever radio, great signal all over Dublin, keep banging out the tunes, we’ll done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement