Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

I don’t think Comreg will be very impressed with what’s on 94.3 at this time. Phever on a frequency getting used by a temporary license station. Lads I think it’s a very bad move on your part in light of the dealings you have already had with Comreg, and it’s only my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

castle2012 wrote: »
    So in Dundalk this afternoon picked up Free dab North East, Its on very low power. Interestingly I didn't have to re-tune from Dublin free dab. It just worked on the Dublin frequency. See pic

Nice car display - is that a Nissan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 80sgroover

Whopper of a signal on 94.3 playing dance music at the moment (classy presenter just said 'feel the burn, the gay fecking byrne', I suppose this is a back-handed reference to a recently deceased superlative broadcaster, greatly respected, a master of the craft). I doubt this is a temporary station, certainly not a licensed operation I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    I don’t think Comreg will be very impressed with what’s on 94.3 at this time. Phever on a frequency getting used by a temporary license station. Lads I think it’s a very bad move on your part in light of the dealings you have already had with Comreg, and it’s only my opinion

Looks like Blackrock College were assigned 94.3 for November.

That said Kiss 1025 off air since half six, not near a radio anymore to check if it's back, but normally when in the car around that time it does go off for a few seconds at that time most days, 10 to 20 seconds which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

JDxtra wrote: »
    Nice car display - is that a Nissan?

Skoda

• Advertisement

That said Kiss 1025 off air since half six, not near a radio anymore to check if it's back, but normally when in the car around that time it does go off for a few seconds at that time most days, 10 to 20 seconds which is odd.
    Audio back on Kiss 1025 now, was off earlier.

80sgroover wrote: »
    Whopper of a signal on 94.3 playing dance music at the moment (classy presenter just said 'feel the burn, the gay fecking byrne', I suppose this is a back-handed reference to a recently deceased superlative broadcaster, greatly respected, a master of the craft). I doubt this is a temporary station, certainly not a licensed operation I imagine?
    What you heard is Phever Radio. They've been on 94.3 a while, usually from the afternoons onwards. Previously was on 91.6 for many years. I think that show you heard is regularly on the station, so not just there as a reference to Gaybo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

What you heard is Phever Radio. They've been on 94.3 a while, usually from the afternoons onwards. Previously was on 91.6 for many years. I think that show you heard is regularly on the station, so not just there as a reference to Gaybo.

Yeh that was phever you were hearing ive heard that jingle a few times before..

Big plans for 107.1 in the coming weeks aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Blackrock College is on next week Monday 16th - 22nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Blackrock will be the only College temp to appear on air this year in Dublin (open to correction ).

The lack of college temps , even temps in general says a lot about broadcasting in Ireland.

Blackrock College is on next week Monday 16th - 22nd

Phever still not listening absolutely ridiculous what there doing. NO RESPECT banging away with a signal on 94.3 allocated to a legitimate licensed station even if it’s only a temporary license Bringing unwanted attention on everbody

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Infoanon wrote: »
    Blackrock will be the only College temp to appear on air this year in Dublin (open to correction ).

The lack of college temps , even temps in general says a lot about broadcasting in Ireland.

UCC98.3 on full time in Cork and Juice FM from Colaiste Stiofan Naofa on intermittently

Dublin bandscan this afternoon...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.8 Easy
    93.2 Fun FM
    94.3 Phever
    99.5 Fresh
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Extreme

DIFE usually broadcast a station called The Wave as far as i remember aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Dublin bandscan this afternoon...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.8 Easy
    93.2 Fun FM
    94.3 Phever
    99.5 Fresh
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Extreme

And this evening:
    99.3 Fun Radio
    1395 kh Medium Wave - Fun Radio
    48 Band (Shortwave) - Fun Radio

I picked up Fun Radio on 1395kh. Since last weekend, my car radio is not picking up the pirates on FM! It's true. I don't know what is going on with my radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

I picked up Fun Radio on 1395kh. Since last weekend, my car radio is not picking up the pirates on FM! It's true. I don't know what is going on with my radio.

Maybe you need one of those fancy Skoda's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TXRX

Phever still not listening absolutely ridiculous what there doing. NO RESPECT banging away with a signal on 94.3 allocated to a legitimate licensed station even if it’s only a temporary license Bringing unwanted attention on everbody

Drama much? I'm sure the people behind the broadcast are well aware of the temporary licence and are working around it, from your previous posts you praise the said station, now you bash them, whats that all about? Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Fun FM live all day yesterday on 93.2/1395 as well as 5800kH shortwave yesterday, recieving reception reports from Finland according to FB

Oldies station (The Vault I presume ) and a dance station battling it put on 105.7 at the moment. ....there are other frequencies. ..

• Advertisement

Oldies station (The Vault I presume ) and a dance station battling it put on 105.7 at the moment. ....there are other frequencies. ..

Vault and Beach maybe?

TXRX wrote: »
    Drama much? I'm sure the people behind the broadcast are well aware of the temporary licence and are working around it, from your previous posts you praise the said station, now you bash them, whats that all about? Sad.

There is nothing sad TXRX it is fact. I’m a big supporter of Phever with their brand of music and I personally would not like to see their broadcasting coming to an abrupt end because of what they are doing at present, as I quoted in an earlier I was only giving my opinion it’s nothing personal against Phever. I only hope that common sense will prevail.

The Vault and The Beach are the station afaik.

The dance station on 105.7 is RetroNow.

Also Easy Radio may have 2 sprogs - 88.2 and 89, 4

Two sprogs? Those frequencies are a bit dodgy, surely.

What are Fresh FM broadcasting these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Sprogs or harmonics, That’s the sign of a badly tuned or old transmitter, Not good having them coming from the Dublin mountains & so close to RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Two sprogs? Those frequencies are a bit dodgy, surely.
    Care to elaborate Declan sprogs harmonics and were was this received .
    can reassure you it was not easy radio you were getting .
    The transmitter we use is a very relatively new tx and is properly tuned as it is tuned via LCD display unit once set on a freq it locks.
    I .took a drive close to tx site tuned to above freq rte radio 1 and the other saint itas hospital radio also arranged for our engineer to check on his scope and no the tx is clean hope this clarifies the above Theorys not having a go at anyone on here just to clarifie the above.

paulwilson wrote: »
    Care to elaborate Declan sprogs harmonics and were was this received .
    can reassure you it was not easy radio you were getting .
    The transmitter we use is a very relatively new tx and is properly tuned as it is tuned via LCD display unit once set on a freq it locks.
    I .took a drive close to tx site tuned to above freq rte radio 1 and the other saint itas hospital radio also arranged for our engineer to check on his scope and no the tx is clean hope this clarifies the above Theorys not having a go at anyone on here just to clarifie the above.

It wasn't me that was picking them up. I was just asking about them and the frequencies concerned, in response to another post. I did not mention Easy either!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I see XMAS fm have a black carrier on 99.4 from Monaghan, strong enough on the outskirts of Dublin so this will limit Fresh 99 on 99.5’s coverage for the month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

It wasn't me that was picking them up. I was just asking about them and the frequencies concerned, in response to another post. I did not mention Easy either!

Sorry Declan I never intended to voice anything at you.
    i just quoted from ur post apologise.
    just letting anyone no that commented on post in relation to easy radio so called sprogs or harmonics the facts not aimed at you at all

Advertisement