Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Wims (walk in my steps) is back on air for its annual week of broadcasts - 105.2 FM in Dublin, testing from today, live from Monday week October 7th,

Energy AM is back on the air for its usual Friday to Sunday weekend run ,was off the last 2 weekends.

Others on air this weekend - Phever,Fresh,Kiss and Easy. Retronow on 107.1 can be heard in westerly parts of the county only.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Have any radio stations over the years every used Howth head for broadcasting to Dublin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Have any radio stations over the years every used Howth head for broadcasting to Dublin?

I think i recall hearing dance fm did link from howth but as far as i know they had mountain site aswell they were on 94.6 at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's not really that high, and those property owners with the best height aren't likely to get involved with hosting a transmission site. In saying that, it may have been used at some stage but I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Infoanon wrote: »
    Energy AM is back on the air for its usual Friday to Sunday weekend run ,was off the last 2 weekends.

They appeared belatedly last weekend as it was on last Sunday night, I heard them signing off at around 11PM

• Advertisement

Sunshine and Treble TR iirc

Did RnaLife have a TX there as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I heard the following around Stillorgan, Kilmacud and Dundrum areas this evening:
    FM:
    88.8 - Easy Radio
    94.3 - Phever
    99.5 - Fresh FM
    102.5 - 1025 Kiss (that's what the RDS says anyway!)

AM/MW:
    1395 kh - Energy AM

I could not pick up The Beach this time when scanning - they are on 105.7. Retro FM was not on tonight on 92.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

1025Kiss off air today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

WIMS is back on 105.2 in dublin for another run it appears. Live shows next Monday-Friday I memory serves me right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

castle2012 wrote: »
    1025Kiss off air today
    Was on earlier this evening when i was on my way home between 6 & 7pm loud and clear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    Was on earlier this evening when i was on my way home between 6 & 7pm loud and clear!
    It was off for a couple of hours this afternoon. All back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

JDxtra wrote: »
    It was off for a couple of hours this afternoon. All back to normal now.

Was in the car earlier and went off around 3.15.

Energy AM relaying Dublin South FM today , hard to choose which is more enjoyable to listen to DS on FM or DS with audio processing on AM.

The 96FM TX was on again last night - relaying the ABC 94FM Dublin stream

Also a blank carrier in the city centre on 107.8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

1025 kiss strong signal out west to the junction for maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

1025 kiss strong signal out west to the junction for maynooth

I get them all the way to drogheda no prob. I was told before the pirates in dub normally push 1000 watts kiss must be at least double

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

was listening to Energy AM today ( sounds great for a AM pirate ) they had some live shows I heard Brian Kelly , Paul Murray and early this morning a Dave Evans,Some good tunes .
    Maybe they are starting to do live shows again .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 overseer

80s music playing on 1350 khz medium wave. A resurgence of interest in AM radio maybe? Signal very low in Dublin, it's better on the Carlow SDR at the moment.

Heard it today , relaying the all 80s jukebox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

SATNAV wrote: »
    was listening to Energy AM today ( sounds great for a AM pirate ) they had some live shows I heard Brian Kelly , Paul Murray and early this morning a Dave Evans,Some good tunes .
    Maybe they are starting to do live shows again .

Brian Kelly and Paul Murray are the two guys behind Energy AM and I have heard them on a number of occasions. Who is Dave Evans? Is he a guest presenter or is he an extra person who has on-going involvement with the station, and has he previous radio experience?

overseer wrote: »
    80s music playing on 1350 khz medium wave. A resurgence of interest in AM radio maybe? Signal very low in Dublin, it's better on the Carlow SDR at the moment.

Is this a new AM pirate in Dublin or is it coming from somewhere else? That is quite a development if it is from Dublin as Energy has had the field to itself for many years.

Hi Declan
    the 1350AM was not from Dublin as I lost it on the way back from Enfield earlier this morning about 12 , it was relaying all80s Jukebox.

• Advertisement

retro now is sounding awful around Dublin .They have either turned down the power or moved site .That station Fresh FM sounds better ( and Fresh Fm is terrible excuse of a station )
    I hope they sort it or maybe move to Freedab

retro now is sounding awful around Dublin .They have either turned down the power or moved site .That station Fresh FM sounds better ( and Fresh Fm is terrible excuse of a station )

What's freedab?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

What's freedab?

Pirate Multiplex, in multiple locations around the country. First of it's kind here.

I think it's a bit of both. They were on FreeDAB but pulled out when they heard they had to come off FM (one of the terms I believe) when the Dublin Mux came on. The 90's Network pulled out too, and Phever also.

Pirate Multiplex, in multiple locations around the country. First of it's kind here.

Many on it?

Many on it?

Yes a few, there's a DAB thread on here. Do a search :)

Today:
    88.8FM Easy
    92.0 FM Retro
    94.3 FM Phever
    98.4 FM 90s Network - no RDS, audio very load
    99.0 FM Energy AM stream - mono - strong
    99.5 FM Fresh - audio distortion resolved
    102.5 Kiss 1025
    1395 AM Energy AM

1025kiss fm starting some live shows tomorrow evening from 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

1025kiss fm starting some live shows tomorrow evening from 8pm

According to the Facebook page it’s a mix from a DJ at a festival a few months ago, So not a live show but it’s something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

According to the Facebook page it’s a mix from a DJ at a festival a few months ago, So not a live show but it’s something different.

Nice idea will be interesting too see how its put out they must have been doing work this week because it sounds different

Advertisement