Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

godtabh wrote: »
    Got a shout out from some out running just after Marley Park around 11:35 thus morning.

Me me me... can't wear my cycling top running ,right?😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw some in the Gallops, D18 around 8:30 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Guy in pink kit w / high-viz bag passing through Dame St there about 10 mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Might have been me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Full pink & black kit bout 630 this evening in baldoyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

neris wrote: »

Saw the same guy "maybe" on Gardiner street around 6 o'clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

neris wrote: »
    del_boy13 wrote: »
    Saw the same guy "maybe" on Gardiner street around 6 o'clock
    Guilty as charged!

You don't get spotted for months and then two come together! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Guilty as charged!

This going to be another year of WBA spottings ???

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Guilty as charged!

I passed this guy at Quick park, heading in the opposite direction. Waved frantically, but he just ignored me.

Was he just being cool, or do I need to get some Board kit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Guilty as charged!

Its been a while!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just saw a lad in the pink Jersey going down main Street in Maynooth stopped at the lights. I was outside Brady's to far away to call out.

Puggy wrote: »
    I passed this guy at Quick park, heading in the opposite direction. Waved frantically, but he just ignored me.

Was he just being cool, or do I need to get some Board kit?
    My head is hanging in shame! Your excessive speed made it difficult for me to see your wave. :D

Orion wrote: »
    Just saw a lad in the pink Jersey going down main Street in Maynooth stopped at the lights. I was outside Brady's to far away to call out.

Probably me

I think I saw NamelessPhil. Won't know for a couple of days until she finishes her cycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Godtabh - if that was you at the lights at Ballycullen in pink Boards kit at about 13:30 this afternoon, yes that was me on my way home after a club spin. That easterly breeze was unpleasantly cold and ruined a good descent down the Embankment. No wonder you lashed it all the way to Athlone with the wind at your back!

... yes that was me on my way home after a club spin which began on Thursday...
    FYP :)

Godtabh - if that was you at the lights at Ballycullen in pink Boards kit at about 13:30 this afternoon, yes that was me on my way home after a club spin. That easterly breeze was unpleasantly cold and ruined a good descent down the Embankment. No wonder you lashed it all the way to Athlone with the wind at your back!

That was me. I figured it was you. Saw a few Orwell woman coming behind you. Where you with them?

No I wasn't with the Orwell group, I didn't even see them. I was with my own club, St. Tiernan's, we started as a disparate group of 13 riders but we split up at Hollywood as three of us turned for home early and I was the sole rider after Tallaght.

No I wasn't with the Orwell group, I didn't even see them. I was with my own club, St. Tiernan's, we started as a disparate group of 13 riders but we split up at Hollywood as three of us turned for home early and I was the sole rider after Tallaght.

A few followed just behind you

Never look back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Spotted a lime green jersey just outside blessington today heading towards naas about 2.30ish

I was the one all in black puffing slowly up the road who gave a wave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Saw a black boards jersey yesterday afternoon, the wearer was hydrating with the amber nectar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Saw a black boards jersey yesterday afternoon, the wearer was hydrating with the amber nectar!

A black one?

yeah black one, boards.ie in white across the shoulders, sorry can put up a picture yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Bloggsie wrote: »
    yeah black one, boards.ie in white across the shoulders, sorry can put up a picture yet!

There are about 3 different boards.ie jerseys with a lot of black on them, most typically described as the pink, green or latest (pink and green) jerseys. Hence why a jersey described as just black is met slightly quizzically :)

cython wrote: »
    There are about 3 different boards.ie jerseys with a lot of black on them, most typically described as the pink, green or latest (pink and green) jerseys. Hence why a jersey described as just black is met slightly quizzically :)
    I dont wish to name the individual but I am sure that the owner of the afore mentioned jersey may appear soon enough & say An Seo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It was the new jacket not the jersey. And yes it was me. Have to rehydrate after a spin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lime green about 10am today outside Lusk heading towards the train station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Boardsie in Black/Pink heading to Laragh via the Sally Gap today around 1:15

• Advertisement

Also bumped into Monkeyslayer in Laragh - not in Boards gear though ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

daragh_ wrote: »

Think that was me - howiya :) Where you at the crossroads on the gap with another chap ?

Think that was me - howiya :) Where you at the crossroads on the gap with another chap ?

Not at the crossroads. Two of us coming up from Laragh towards the Gap. St. Tiernan's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Myself, recognised you too late to say hi. Lots of Tiernans jerseys out there today.

Not at the crossroads. Two of us coming up from Laragh towards the Gap. St. Tiernan's.
    smacl wrote: »
    Myself, recognised you too late to say hi. Lots of Tiernans jerseys out there today.

Ah right - just missed yis. Took a right coming up from Luggala to head back to Rathfarnham.

smacl wrote: »

Was a great day to be out! I would have kept spinning but there was a big push to get back for the Rugby.

We had 3 groups out today - but we weren't the biggest club out. I saw a big Bray Wheeler group going up the S.E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I saw a big Bray Wheeler group going up the S.E.

Home turf for the Bray lads.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Home turf for the Bray lads.

True that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think I spotted someone in the new kit near Kilsallaghan at ~10:20 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Met a lad near Powerscourt Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Thought I saw a pink/green jersey climbing southbound from enniskerry towards balinastoe Saturday around 1145. I was pink boards Jersey heading down the hill.

• Advertisement

I think I spotted someone in the new kit near Kilsallaghan at ~10:20 this morning.

Pretty sure that was me, heading for Ratoath.

Think that was me, heading towards Sally Gap.
    Thought I saw a pink/green jersey climbing southbound from enniskerry towards balinastoe Saturday around 1145. I was pink boards Jersey heading down the hill.

Where you in a bunch with some Swords CC ? If so that was probably myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

That was me failing miserably on my first attempt up the wall (well the bit after the cross roads anyway). It's a lot shorter then I thought so should have kept going and not wussed out. Was nice to meet you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Crocked wrote: »
    That was me failing miserably on my first attempt up the wall (well the bit after the cross roads anyway). It's a lot shorter then I thought so should have kept going and not wussed out. Was nice to meet you.

I said nurren :D not even the precise location......
    You'll have to go at it from the Glencree side makes it twice as long.....
    My buddies had stopped at the cross roads to allow the heart drop slightly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I said nurren :D not even the precise location......
    You'll have to go at it from the Glencree side makes it twice as long.....
    My buddies had stopped at the cross roads to allow the heart drop slightly...

Noble by name, noble by nature

I may have to get some new lungs on the black market before I attempt the full length of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On my way up Turlough Hill today I was passed by someone in a full boards kit. Curiosity got the better of me so I kept with him.

It was Wishbone Ash. In fairness, it wouldn't be right to have a random encounter with WA anywhere except on a climb :D

Sound bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I saw someone heading out of Malahide towards Swords at about 12.00pm. You looked tired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Raam wrote: »
    I saw someone heading out of Malahide towards Swords at about 12.00pm. You looked tired!

:) I'd say that was me, tired I was, ain't been out in a couple of weeks and I hit a real wall in the middle of my spin today

Was that you cruising by at the school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

whacker00 wrote: »
    :) I'd say that was me, tired I was, ain't been out in a couple of weeks and I hit a real wall in the middle of my spin today

Was that you cruising by at the school

Yep, t'was me.
    You had Altura leg warmers I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Yep, t'was me.
    You had Altura leg warmers I think.

You were going well, or just significantly better than myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nothing worse than someone saying this to you an you're thinking jaysus I was flying today, best I've felt in a while. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement