Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

manafana wrote: »
    ........Spotted a new jersey at the crossroad in sandyford, i turned left towards stepaside, while you went towards enniskerry.

What time? I passed through Sandyford X roads on route to Enniskerry at 10.49am this morning in L/S new jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

New jersey at Laragh around 12.30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

spotted old jersey pulling into statoil

Ha, I wonder what he's got hidden inside his seat tube:).

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

Spotted a boardsie on the Muckross Road in Killarney this evening - training for the ROK??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RT66 wrote: »
    New jersey at Laragh around 12.30 today.
    Twas me. Very surprised not to see another boardsie there yesterday, the place was jammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

Spotted a boardsie on the Muckross Road in Killarney this evening - training for the ROK??

That was probably me on my Ridley!! First time this year that the weather was good enough to go out in the Jersey without the jacket on!!

Just a small spin yesterday (12 kms) to just stretch the legs after doing my first 50 kms on Saturday. Nice day for it in Killarney yesterday....lots of cyclists out and about.

Hope I looked the part....!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Saw Coastwatch on the way into Laragh but he wasn't wearing a Jersey so he doesn't get a prize. :D

As Seamus says the place was jammers. Big groups from Naas CC, Bray and Dublin Wheelers as well as us.

Numbers dropped off once we over to Glenmalure for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey heading south just past the British Embassy around 8.35.

You my have been wearing some kind of flappy hi-viz vest but I won't mention that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

daragh_ wrote: »
    New Jersey heading south just past the British Embassy around 8.35.

You my have been wearing some kind of flappy hi-viz vest but I won't mention that. :)

That was me! Surprisingly few near-misses with a flappy hi-viz vest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

whats the easiest way to get a boards jersey nowadays? just wait for a secondhand one to come up in the adverts section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

whats the easiest way to get a boards jersey nowadays? just wait for a secondhand one to come up in the adverts section?

I'm stalking adverts for one for quite a while.

However you could be the next person to organise the next order :D

emmmm.....;)

the last time i was posting in the cycling forum i was under a different name so maybe i organised the last one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

emmmm.....;)

the last time i was posting in the cycling forum i was under a different name so maybe i organised the last one :D
    Maybe it's time to organise a new batch then. :-)

i didnt order it the last time :)

whats the name of the company ye order off again?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Boards jersey over took me this morning at the start of the coast cycle lane up at howth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

My first sighting of an old jersey. Only twigged who it was at the last second.
    cdaly_ Baldoyle village 7.20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

Zebrano wrote: »
    Boards jersey over took me this morning at the start of the coast cycle lane up at howth

What time/direction? I was up Howth yesterday morning, but didn't pass many souls on the way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

I must have been a few minutes behind you this morning as I spotted an old jersey halfway between Baldoyle and Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Original long slieve jersey coming up from the Cloughran roundabout around 7.45 this morning. Big wave :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like we have a tracker on CDaly_ this morning, as he was heading from Baskin towards the roundabout on the R132 just north of the airport at 7.45 this morning

EDIT - is 4 separate sightings of the same boardsie in one (non-organised) spin a record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

i didnt order it the last time :)

whats the name of the company ye order off again?

nicole@carvalhocustom.com is the email of the person I dealt with when I did an order last year, Nicole Martins is her name and the company is based in Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

kemase wrote: »
    I must have been a few minutes behind you this morning as I spotted an old jersey halfway between Baldoyle and Portmarnock.
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    Original long slieve jersey coming up from the Cloughran roundabout around 7.45 this morning. Big wave :)
    Beasty wrote: »
    Looks like we have a tracker on CDaly_ this morning, as he was heading from Baskin towards the roundabout on the R132 just north of the airport at 7.45 this morning

EDIT - is 4 separate sightings of the same boardsie in one (non-organised) spin a record?

Sure that was only the start of it. Headed out this morning at 07.20 to Athboy and back. 150 km, 7h30 door to door, 6h10 in the saddle. Getting a bit of distance into the bum for the Easter Fleche (400k 24hr) next week...

buffalo wrote: »
    What time/direction? I was up Howth yesterday morning, but didn't pass many souls on the way there.
    towards town bout 20 past 7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

Zebrano wrote: »
    towards town bout 20 past 7

That might've been me then! Did I pass you just after the cycle path went from the road to the promenade? There was a lad there who hopped on my wheel for a bit, he did well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

meet short sleeve jersey coming down bottom cruagh road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

meet short sleeve jersey coming down bottom cruagh road.

Jeez, ya don't half like the cruagh road, do ya?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

colm_gti wrote: »
    Jeez, ya don't half like the cruagh road, do ya?:P

when i have just an hour in the evening its were i go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

5.40 this evening between walkinstown roundabout and long mile road, new jersey hidden under hi vis builders jacket

buffalo wrote: »
    That might've been me then! Did I pass you just after the cycle path went from the road to the promenade? There was a lad there who hopped on my wheel for a bit, he did well! :)
    Yea that wes me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

kenmc wrote: »
    5.40 this evening between walkinstown roundabout and long mile road, new jersey hidden under hi vis builders jacket

That was me, but it's a high performance, breathable sports gillet, I'll have you know! Unfortunately the gut is too big to close it and keep stuff in my jersey pockets at the mo :o

Advertisement