Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Long sleeve board jersey coming down the military road towards Rathfarnham, about 11:30 yesterday. In short sleeves myself for the first time this year, stunning weather for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

spotted a new jersey cresting bohernabreena yesterday at around 12, heading east with his non boardsie-clad friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Not even a jersey, but I think I recognized Caroline_ie's bike flying past in the Park this evening.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

kenmc wrote: »
    spotted a new jersey cresting bohernabreena yesterday at around 12, heading east with his non boardsie-clad friend

Think that was myself and Monkeyslayer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Met irishmotorist on the way home this evening and discovered that we live only a few hundred metres apart. Also shouted to a Boardsie heading in the opposite direction along St. Peter's Road in Walkinstown, not long after 6pm. irishmotorist ID'd him as LastGasp. Hi!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Spotted a new jersey going northbound through College Green at about 5.50 this evening. Paired with Team Sky shorts, very cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Not even a jersey, but I think I recognized Caroline_ie's bike flying past in the Park this evening.
    ha, I was actually wearing the old long sleeve jersey yesterday. I was wearing a gilet, but the sleeve were showing. I was very fast mind you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Spotted a new jersey going northbound through College Green at about 5.50 this evening. Paired with Team Sky shorts, very cool!

:cool: That was me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Met irishmotorist on the way home this evening and discovered that we live only a few hundred metres apart. Also shouted to a Boardsie heading in the opposite direction along St. Peter's Road in Walkinstown, not long after 6pm. irishmotorist ID'd him as LastGasp. Hi!
    Me all right. I caught the shout of "Boardsie" just as we passed, and gave a wave at your back. Been meeting IM along there for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Shouted "Hi" to a Boardsie on the Military Rd. at 10.33am Paddy's Day. You were coming from Glencree direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

jimm wrote: »
    Shouted "Hi" to a Boardsie on the Military Rd. at 10.33am Paddy's Day. You were coming from Glencree direction.

thats myself, i remembered you from the orwell ride last year, had just left some of the pyrennes lads by glencree.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

..............and the far side of the road in Tallafornia................I let a roar out to Jimm going the opposite way. 2pm. 'ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

New jersey at the bottom of Townyard Lane in Malahide at 1830 on Friday 16th. Carrying a large bright rucksack.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

New jersey heading north towards Ballyboughil 10.21 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey heading towards the Waterfall and Laragh this morning around 12.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Boards hat spotted outside Spar on NCR at Doyle's Corner. Thursday around 17.45. He abandoned the bike w/o lock to go to shop and on exit, I complimented his cap.

Beasty wrote: »
    New jersey heading north towards Ballyboughil 10.21 this morning

'thought it was you alright. We met when Cramcycle was handing out the jerseys in Airside a year or two ago.

First 100k of the year. Using the red wine recovery method at the moment. Legs starting to feel a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

daragh_ wrote: »

Jeez, he was quick! I passed him climbing Stocking Lane at about 12.00...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ wrote: »

Um, I should probably mention I was descending at the time. Overtaking anyone while climbing is just not my style... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

daragh_ wrote: »

Might have been a little later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, that was me, I didn't go to Laragh. I wish I was that quick. Bloody headwind up Glencree was a nightmare.

Oh, and if I looked like I was talking to myself, I was actually on the phone...honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Saw new jersey coming out of malahide as i was going in yesterday @ 9.30am-ish.

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Saw new jersey coming out of malahide as i was going in yesterday @ 9.30am-ish.

Probably me on the way out. Were you in yellow/bright top on the Dublin road opposite the castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Probably me on the way out. Were you in yellow/bright top on the Dublin road opposite the castle?

Nope, Dark grey & Black, but on the dublin road opposite the castle. Not sure if i gave a wave or a nod, but definitely got an acknowledgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Did I see someone in Maynooth vaillage last night at about 8.30 heading towards the college on main street? Big twin spotlights on the front of the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Old shorts, top of Drumcondra road near Griffith Ave, this morning at 8.20am. Possible greyish focus road bike. Brave fella is a s/s jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Basster wrote: »
    Old shorts, top of Drumcondra road near Griffith Ave, this morning at 8.20am. Possible greyish focus road bike. Brave fella is a s/s jersey!

That was probably me. I had sleeve warmers and gloves on at the start of the journey, but took them off in Santry.

...I mean, I cycle in short sleeves year round, no matter what the temperature. HTFU!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

whoop, sighting! 11.20, you were heading along the coast road to Howth (a little bit before the crossroads at the Marine hotel) with a gang of four, maybe five.

I waved, but I don't think you saw me. I AM MORTALLY OFFENDED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Quite a stalkerish day.

Spotted a new jersey around Edenvale Road just as we were setting off this morning. Paths crossed again (in opposite directions) around Tibradden, then spotted and hello's exchanged again on Edenvale Road at 12ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

spotted old jersey pulling into statoil with 2others just before roundabout to go up cruagh road.

Spotted a new jersey at the crossroad in sandyford, i turned left towards stepaside, while you went towards enniskerry.

Advertisement